• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might leave.

But everything I have ever heard about Kawhi makes me think the Raps are playing this whole thing right. His relationship with the Spurs soured because Kawhi thought he was misdiagnosed and that the team tried to push him to play when he wasn't ready. The Raptors are doing the exact opposite of that.

Maybe it isn't going to work no matter what they do. But tying to maximize wins in a season destined to end with a Warrior championship isn't going to accomplish much. Building a relationship with Kawhi and showing him that they have enough to contend with everybody else just might keep him in Toronto.

The DeRozan trade will be an epic failure if Kawhi walks. They are all in on Kawhi Leonard.

An epic failure?
They grabbed a legit superstar that is having a career year in Toronto

If he leaves the Raptors unloaded Derozans monster contract. They were not going to win anything with their status quo.
It was a brilliant trade. I dont see why Kawhi would leave. Having a great shot thru the East with an organization that has shown they will make the moves needed to put a contender on the court year after year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who only look at name would be the only ones who'd want him for their team. He is not a good player. Might even need to improve to be a bad player at this point.

Yes and no. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's good. But, he can still score.

The problem is, he still thinks he 's a starter and an all star. If he could accept a role off the bench or even a "token starter" role where he starts, but plays bench player minutes, he could still help some teams.

Heck, the Rockets could use him right now in a role like that. The way Harden is going, if they don't get healthy soon, he's not going to have anything left for the playoffs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was almost an epic meltdown by Houston. Kawhi really boofed that last possession

The Rockets recently played the Lakers recently....looks like they paid attention when they played them.....oh they won?

NM.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to tell really. Kawhi just bought a house in San Diego and I have no idea what that means.

Probably not much. San Diego is a really nice city with one of the best climates in the U.S., if not the world. He played college ball at San Diego St.

My guess is that it's more likely an off-season residence than anything else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An epic failure?
They grabbed a legit superstar that is having a career year in Toronto

If he leaves the Raptors unloaded Derozans monster contract. They were not going to win anything with their status quo.
It was a brilliant trade. I dont see why Kawhi would leave. Having a great shot thru the East with an organization that has shown they will make the moves needed to put a contender on the court year after year

Yes.

I think he is most likely to stay. And they weren't going to win a title as they were, so it was a risk worth taking. But it was a risk.

If Kawhi leaves, they lost they trade. DeRozan is not a bad contract and they aren't signing a FA as good as DeRozan, let alone Kawhi.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here folks. GS already wrapped up the 3 peat

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here folks. GS already wrapped up the 3 peat
Barring injury yes. But there's plenty to see still, lots of good old and young talent playing exciting basketball all around the league. Things happen, the Ws were shoo-ins last year too and yet in the playoffs they came very close to losing to Houston.

If all you care about is who wins the title, why watch? Just check the scores on your phone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring injury yes. But there's plenty to see still, lots of good old and young talent playing exciting basketball all around the league. Things happen, the Ws were shoo-ins last year too and yet in the playoffs they came very close to losing to Houston.

If all you care about is who wins the title, why watch? Just check the scores on your phone.

Regular season is fun. Playoffs been boring as hell for the last 2 seasons

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season is fun. Playoffs been boring as hell for the last 2 seasons
Was the Rockets Warriors series last year boring? The year before I grant you, those playoffs were boring. Both Cleveland and Golden State were 12-0 to the Finals

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

I think he is most likely to stay. And they weren't going to win a title as they were, so it was a risk worth taking. But it was a risk.

If Kawhi leaves, they lost they trade. DeRozan is not a bad contract and they aren't signing a FA as good as DeRozan, let alone Kawhi.
OK, but if they don't make the deal they have little to no shot to win the East. Might as well go all in if you are them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the Rockets Warriors series last year boring? The year before I grant you, those playoffs were boring. Both Cleveland and Golden State were 12-0 to the Finals

Did i say every series was boring?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

That's one of those trades that both teams won imo

Not so sure.

If anything, it could be the opposite.

The Raptors won short term because they got the best player and Danny Green who is also very solid. I said it was worth the risk and it was. But if Kawhi leaves they will end up crippling themselves for a 1 year rental in a year where the champ was predetermined.

The Spurs? They had to move Kawhi. They got win now talent back and will likely make the playoffs again. But they are not the contender they would have been with Kawhi and their window to get back to that status is likely closed for the next few years at least.

The Spurs lost this trade as soon as they broke their relationship with Kawhi. And Toronto loses also if Kawhi leaves, but they clearly won if he doesn't.