• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is a perfect example....he'd be great at SG, just like Irving.....

Walker has always been more of a scorer than a natural PG....never averaged more than 6apg......like Irving.
In Cleveland with Lebron, Kyrie was way more sg than pg.

In Boston, I think he leans slightly more the other direction.

But, it's all semantics.

What do you consider Curry?

What do you consider Murray in Denver?

Jokic and Draymond are the primary playmakers.

It's all semantics.

So, split the difference and call them Combo guards.

In today's NBA, if you don't have a Jokic, LeBron you need to be able to do both.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be trying to trade Ball to Charlotte or Phoenix for a 1st and some contract.....
the problem with Ball is kidn of like thw issues with Whiteside

he is a speciality player in todays league- and if you have him, to a certain extent the rest of your team concept has to be built around him. And nobody wants tobuild their team concept around a guard that cant shoot or a center that plays a traditional post position.

I mean- its right in front of peoples eyes- look at the Warriors- it works because you have an elite point guard that can break a defense down AND shoot- and a shooting guard that- SURPRISE SURPRISE --- CAN SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL!!!!!!

Do you know how badly that would fuck Holiday and Davis if you are having Holiday play off the ball? I mean this level of incompetence is just stifling- take the ball out of a guys hands that can make plays and go for 40 and turn him into a spot up guy. THATS WHAT THE SHOOTING GUARD POSITION IS FOR!!!!

not to hide a point guard that cant shoot at it.

All it would do is clog up lanes for Kemba and Holliday.....to even suggest to take the ball out of their hands to put them in Lonzo's- is just pure stupidity and does the defense a huge favor

What do you think Kemba wants? To run off of down screens? Or to have a ball in his hands and have a guy sprading the floor for him at the shooting guard position that he can kick the ball out to?

its fucking common sense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know how to say it so it pierces your thick skull---

starting a Lonzo or Rondo or even a Rubio is a liability.

If you start those guys- you are behind the 8 ball because somewhere else you need another shooter.

When you start a guard who sucks at shooting- it puts you behind the 8 ball- when you start a guard like Trae Young at Pg- it opens up options for the team and you start being able to exploit matchup problems and space the floor

What you fail to understand is that by sacrificing one of the guard positions to a non-shooter- you are hurting your team and the options that your team has- and if you cant make up for it by having elite shooting in the front court- your offense will simply not work in todays NBA.

The Cavs starting Sexton and Ball together would be a FUCKING DISASTER- Sexton has his own shooting issues- having 2 guards that are suspect shooters- (even if Sextons shot is not half as broken as Balls) is DEATH to an offense.

THIS IS NOT 1988!!!!!

Bro, the Cavs are a disaster anyway. Staring Ball and Sexton is an upgrade over Sexton and Alec Burks who also can't shoot or create for others.

And LOL at you trying to somehow imply that I don't think shooting is important. There is not another poster on this site (ironically besides you) who values shooting as highly as I do. I fully understand the importance of floor spacing and how modern offenses use the 3 point line to create driving lanes.

But, I am also not naive enough to completely disregard a good player because he is a guard that doesn't shoot well. You simply need to make sure you have other players who do shoot well.

The issue with Lonzo in LA is that he is not their primary facilitator and he is a non shooter. That is tough to overcome. On the rosters I listed above he would be the primary facilitator.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Cleveland with Lebron, Kyrie was way more sg than pg.

In Boston, I think he leans slightly more the other direction.

But, it's all semantics.

What do you consider Curry?

What do you consider Murray in Denver?

Jokic and Draymond are the primary playmakers.

It's all semantics.

So, split the difference and call them Combo guards.

In today's NBA, if you don't have a Jokic, LeBron you need to be able to do both.
in 2018- thats what the position is. It just is.

The league and its rules are set up that way.

suggesting to slide a kemba or holliday off the point to a SG position so a Lonzo Ball can just pass them the ball is incompetence pure and simple.

The league is a drive and kick league- Kemba and holliday get there value from being able to break a defense down and either finish- or kick it out....what? are those 2 guys gonna run off of down screens like Rip hamilton while Ball plays the point and has a guy sagging off of him by 10 feet?

tlance is a pure idiot for even suggesting that.

If you told Kemba and Holliday- hey- we are gonna take the ball out of your hands- put it in a non- shooters hands- and have you playing off the ball- they would laugh at you- and either get you fired- or demand a trade the next day. Its galactically stupid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans ?? OVER FUCKING HOLLIDAY?

for fucks sake this is just ridiculous at this point. How stupid can a person be.

Charlotte? making a guy a shooting guard that cant shoot. un fucking believable

Really?

The Pelicans starting PG is Elfrid Payton.

Holiday is the 2 on their depth chart. Holiday can play point for sure. But, like Kyrie, Sexton and others in that mode he can play alongside another PG also.

So please. Tell me. How stupid can a person be?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of wiggy's # 10721 comment. and Irving was, is, and will continue to be a point guard.

Part of his # 10726 comment. of course James was the point guard in Cleveland

Wiggy at his best.

Twisting facts to fit his narrative.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for fucks sake this is just ridiculous at this point. How stupid can a person be.

Put your disdain for @tlance to the side for a sec....

He wouldn't start over Holiday.

The Pelicans have already moved him to the 2 for the 2nd straight Season.

First with Rondo, now with the Injured Payton.

We discussed Elfrid just yesterday.

Lonzo wouldn't start over Holiday.

But, he might over Payton.

I actually agree with you about the Cavs and I add the Clippers.

Lonzo with SG-A would be a fucking abortion.

Height, length....

But, brick City.

We benched Beverley and inserted Bradley.

Bradley has been horrific offensively.

But, decent defensively.

Lonzo wouldn't play a single second of the 4th quarter as a Clippers because that's Lou time.

He also would not start over SGA....IMO

Or, at least.....I wouldn't want him to.

Shai is just as rough offensively.

But, he has the it factor and will at least take the Shot when open.

Lonzo is so scared to miss that he's really passive at times.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

The Pelicans starting PG is Elfrid Payton.

Holiday is the 2 on their depth chart. Holiday can play point for sure. But, like Kyrie, Sexton and others in that mode he can play alongside another PG also.

So please. Tell me. How stupid can a person be?
Beat me by a minute...lol

Holiday has been the sg for back to back Seasons.

*See Rondo

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of wiggy's # 10721 comment. and Irving was, is, and will continue to be a point guard.

He can't keep his story straight....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Rondo play PG in NO last season?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, the Cavs are a disaster anyway. Staring Ball and Sexton is an upgrade over Sexton and Alec Burks who also can't shoot or create for others.

And LOL at you trying to somehow imply that I don't think shooting is important. There is not another poster on this site (ironically besides you) who values shooting as highly as I do. I fully understand the importance of floor spacing and how modern offenses use the 3 point line to create driving lanes.

But, I am also not naive enough to completely disregard a good player because he is a guard that doesn't shoot well. You simply need to make sure you have other players who do shoot well.

The issue with Lonzo in LA is that he is not their primary facilitator and he is a non shooter. That is tough to overcome. On the rosters I listed above he would be the primary facilitator.

Uhh I don't know about that. Burks is actually a pretty good player and very aggressive going to the hoop (opposite of Lonzo). Burks isn't a good shooter but at least he can breakdown the defense and kick it to shooters. Lonzo needs to be more aggressive, it's too hit or miss. Burks also has length and better defender than Ball. I wouldn't say both are real difference makers but going by this season, I would rather take Burks short-term than Lonzo long-term.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with Ball is kidn of like thw issues with Whiteside

he is a speciality player in todays league- and if you have him, to a certain extent the rest of your team concept has to be built around him. And nobody wants tobuild their team concept around a guard that cant shoot or a center that plays a traditional post position.

I mean- its right in front of peoples eyes- look at the Warriors- it works because you have an elite point guard that can break a defense down AND shoot- and a shooting guard that- SURPRISE SURPRISE --- CAN SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL!!!!!!

Do you know how badly that would fuck Holiday and Davis if you are having Holiday play off the ball? I mean this level of incompetence is just stifling- take the ball out of a guys hands that can make plays and go for 40 and turn him into a spot up guy. THATS WHAT THE SHOOTING GUARD POSITION IS FOR!!!!

not to hide a point guard that cant shoot at it.

All it would do is clog up lanes for Kemba and Holliday.....to even suggest to take the ball out of their hands to put them in Lonzo's- is just pure stupidity and does the defense a huge favor

What do you think Kemba wants? To run off of down screens? Or to have a ball in his hands and have a guy sprading the floor for him at the shooting guard position that he can kick the ball out to?

its fucking common sense.

Holiday does play off the ball.

He did it last year with Rondo, this year with Payton and even Tim Frazier.

Do you know what you are talking about?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wait what...?

Wiggitywack moving the goalposts...?!

say it ain't so, y'all...:lol:

upload_2018-12-21_7-55-23.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh I don't know about that. Burks is actually a pretty good player and very aggressive going to the hoop (opposite of Lonzo). Burks isn't a good shooter but at least he can breakdown the defense and kick it to shooters. Lonzo needs to be more aggressive, it's too hit or miss. Burks also has length and better defender than Ball. I wouldn't say both are real difference makers but going by this season, I would rather take Burks short-term than Lonzo long-term.

Maybe,

But that is what I am saying. If the Cavs had their full roster in tact and added Lonzo Ball without dealing anybody,

Lonzo would start 100% for sure.

Because he has more talent than Burks and the Cavs would need to find out if they could make a Lonzo/Sexton backcourt work.

Is it ideal? No. But it is better than a Sexton/Burks backcourt for sure on a rebuilding team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2018- thats what the position is. It just is.

The league and its rules are set up that way.

suggesting to slide a kemba or holliday off the point to a SG position so a Lonzo Ball can just pass them the ball is incompetence pure and simple.

The league is a drive and kick league- Kemba and holliday get there value from being able to break a defense down and either finish- or kick it out....what? are those 2 guys gonna run off of down screens like Rip hamilton while Ball plays the point and has a guy sagging off of him by 10 feet?

tlance is a pure idiot for even suggesting that.

If you told Kemba and Holliday- hey- we are gonna take the ball out of your hands- put it in a non- shooters hands- and have you playing off the ball- they would laugh at you- and either get you fired- or demand a trade the next day. Its galactically stupid.
Wiggy, isn't that exactly what the Pelicans did with Payton and Rondo?

...and it worked until they ran into a buzzsaw in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Fundamentally, what you are saying is logical.

But, it's not absolute.

Rondo can't shoot.

Elfrid can't shoot.

But, it worked.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the teams Lonzo would start for, IMO:

Hawks- playing alongside Trae
Nets- for sure while Levert is out, possibly while he is too. Dlo could play 2 or come off bench
Hornets- Lonzo starts ahead of Lamb, Kemba plays off ball some
Bulls- they have 2 solid guards, but Lonzo is as good as both
Cavs- Lonzo starts at 1, Sexton at 2
Mavericks- this one is 50-50: he and DSJ are very different players. Maybe both start and MAtthews comes off the bench. Maybe Mathews starts and 1 of the 2nd year guards does
Pistons- better than RJ, IMO
Pacers- starts over collision because of upside. Collison has been solid though
Clippers- starts over Bradley. Moves SGA to 2
Lakers
Heat- for sure while Dragic is hurt
Pelicans
Knicks
Magic
Suns
Spurs

So that is 16 teams. Many are no brainers, some require a bit of creativity

You would expect a #2 pick to be starter for more than half the teams, so you aren't totally wrong @WiggyRuss , but your violent reactionary responses are uncalled for and they honestly make you look bad.

I wouldn't start over Lamb or Kemba.
He wouldnt start over Dennis Smith or Doncic.
only reason he would start for Nets, Heat and Lakers,is bc of injuries--same for Spurs with Murray.
He would most likely come off the bench in Detroit, RJ can score at least.
The LAC have Lou, Beverly and SGA. Ball isn't needed.
He isn't starting over Moore or Holiday in NO.

So say all rosters are healthy...

Hawks (bad fit)
Cavs (bad fit)
Knicks
Suns
Magic
Pistons (maybe)

All bottom-feeders.