• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not work, but the Lakers are thinking bigger than Kevin Love. Much bigger.

Yeah....Wiggy and lebronjames23 think we need that garbage.

The Cavs are looking ay being the EC version of the Wolves when Love played for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean none of them are really any good. Ball is garbage, heart is garbage. Ingram is good but doesn't work with lebron

The only good player is kuzma. Nance Jr is okay and Clarkson can score like crazy. The entire group is pretty garbage when you come down to it.
Hart is a nice 3 and D guy...hes the type of role player every team needs.....hes not garbage- but he is def not one gonna be the part of any kind of Big 3 or anything like that in his career.

Ball is very ordinary. I would not say he is garbage--- is he a disapointment for a #2 overall pick? UH yah- esp. when you see guys like Tatum and Fox go right behind him. But he can be a solid role player on a good team I think. Like Hart- he is never gonna be part of a Big 3, or a top 10 PG in the league- but he can be solid.

Ingram- I think is much of the same.

Kuzma is the one that has some upside it appears- thoguh as a 4 year college player its hard to actually say what that is. Kuzma has athleticism in bounds.....I thought he was a good 3 pt shooter but his 3 pt shooting has kinda sucked this year-- when i thought it would go up playing with LeBron.

If I were to rank their trade value I would go:

1. Kuzma
2. Ingram
3. Ball
4. Hart

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TimevindicatesDJ

I thought the contract would look bad in another year or 2, starting to look like its bad right now.....

Ouch.
DJ- what if Paul is healthy for the playoffs and the Rockets win a title?

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITLE premature to be touting victory on that one

it really doesnt matter what the Rockets do until May.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is ordinary? LOL.

He might not be living up to the 2nd overall pick but he had a solid rookie season and this season he has had to take a backseat to the best player on the planet.....he could still revive his career if and when traded to a squad that needs a pass first PG.....

He'd be perfect for the Suns....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....Wiggy and lebronjames23 think we need that garbage.

The Cavs are looking ay being the EC version of the Wolves when Love played for them.
no--- Cavs will be worse than those teams --- and the Cavs will be doing what they are doing - trading vets for picks and taking back bad money- instead of trying to compete.

I mean- there are so many ways that the two are different its ridiculous- but yo uare definitely not one to pick up on nuance and detail.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is ordinary? LOL.

He might not be living up to the 2nd overall pick but he had a solid rookie season and this season he has had to take a backseat to the best player on the planet.....he could still revive his career if and when traded to a squad that needs a pass first PG.....

He'd be perfect for the Suns....
if you were to rank Ball as a PG what would he be? around 20-25th in the NBA?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball obviously has a long way to go and is still very young- and can improve

but at this point....how many teams would he start on in the NBA?

-Knicks
-Bulls
-Magic (though Augustin has played great against the Lakers)
-Suns
-Spurs now that Murray is hurt for the year- but i would take Murray over Ball if both were healthy as would most people

the MAYBE you can make an argument:

-Pistons- Reggie Jackson is no world beater
-Heat? I mean- right now I would rather have Dragic but long term id def. take Ball- but if we are talking about starting right now- which we are- Dragic

Other Young Guys that their own teams would rather have:

Clippers- SGA
Cavaliers- Sexton
Mavs- DSJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball obviously has a long way to go and is still very young- and can improve

but at this point....how many teams would he start on in the NBA?

-Knicks
-Bulls
-Magic (though Augustin has played great against the Lakers)
-Suns
-Spurs now that Murray is hurt for the year- but i would take Murray over Ball if both were healthy as would most people

the MAYBE you can make an argument:

-Pistons- Reggie Jackson is no world beater
-Heat? I mean- right now I would rather have Dragic but long term id def. take Ball- but if we are talking about starting right now- which we are- Dragic

Other Young Guys that their own teams would rather have:

Clippers- SGA
Cavaliers- Sexton
Mavs- DSJ

You are understating Ball's abilities and also not looking outside the box.

Because Ball would fit pretty well alongside any of the 3 players listed at the bottom. All 3 are better scorers than facilitators at this point and Ball has the length to defend wing players.

HE WOuld start for probably half the teams in the league. The irony is that I am not sure the lakers should be one. But that is more about fit than anything else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Ball would fit pretty well alongside any of the 3 players listed at the bottom. All 3 are better scorers than facilitators at this point and Ball has the length to defend wing players.

HE WOuld start for probably half the teams in the league. The irony is that I am not sure the lakers should be one. But that is more about fit than anything else.
half the teams in the league?

please stop responding to me, your incompetence is just in another world. Just you do you and ill do me--- half the teams in the league?

put the crack pipe down.

I listed out the teams-

I would LOVE to see the 14 teams he would start for.

Your antiquated stance at what a point guard is really shows your age and lack of being able to get with the times. You have zero grasp on what the NBA is in 2018.

This is not 1988. This is the same foolishness that led you to discount Irving as a point guard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I agree it is more a fit situation with most teams, unfortunately it's not what the Lakers need unless it is Ball running the 2nd unit and that hasn't worked out so far. You normally let these players develop but having Lebron there is ALWAYS a shorter timeline

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were to rank Ball as a PG what would he be? around 20-25th in the NBA?

Well Rondo was starting over him...

1. Curry
RW
CP3
Kyrie
Lillard
Wall
Lowry
Kemba
Conley
Holiday
Isaiah
DRose
Dragic
Rondo
Bledsoe
Rubio
Teague
Parker
Schroder
Fox
Sexton
Dennis Smith
SGA
Rozier
Lou Williams
Russell
Reggie Jackson
Mitchell
Brogdon
30. Collison

Patty Mills?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are infatuated with scoring PG's nowadays.....it's kind of like people falling in love with 3's and dunks.....the lost art of a total all-around game is lost on the millenials....

Magic, Kidd, to a lesser extent Rondo when he was on the Celtics and they won, Ball.....trip doub's waiting to happen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half the teams in the league?

please stop responding to me, your incompetence is just in another world. Just you do you and ill do me--- half the teams in the league?

put the crack pipe down.

I listed out the teams-

I would LOVE to see the 14 teams he would start for.

Your antiquated stance at what a point guard is really shows your age and lack of being able to get with the times. You have zero grasp on what the NBA is in 2018.

This is not 1988. This is the same foolishness that led you to discount Irving as a point guard.

LOL.

We proved beyond a shadow of a doubt who was incompetent last night.

I disagree with you all the time. But I do it respectfully. Please look at my response. Perfectly reasonable. No name calling and a well thought out reply. Then you come back with this gem because you don't have the knowledge to have a basketball debate with me.

All you have is semantics and word tricks.

I have never once said that a PG has to be a non-scoring facilitator. Yet, you attribute that to me because you like making stuff up.

What I have said is that players like Kyrie, Sexton, DSJ, etc. would do quite well playing off the ball. that is as long as defensive matchups enable you to play 2 PGs together. Ball's size would allow you to do that in most situations.

I have also said that players like Kyrie are not true PGs, and you assume that is some kind of slight. It isn't.

So in other words, if you want to talk basketball, I am happy to do that with you.

But, when you go to your Wiggy playbook of name calling, making stuff up, twisting meanings, tossing out BS ratings and refusing to own your bad calls,

Then I will continue to own you.

Your call, but I am here all day. And I am happy to take this in whichever direction you want to go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rondo was starting over him...

1. Curry
RW
CP3
Kyrie
Lillard
Wall
Lowry
Kemba
Conley
Holiday
Isaiah
DRose
Dragic
Rondo
Bledsoe
Rubio
Teague
Parker
Schroder
Fox
Sexton
Dennis Smith
SGA
Rozier
Lou Williams
Russell
Reggie Jackson
Mitchell
Brogdon
30. Collison

Patty Mills?
lol thats true..

Celtics do have 2 guys- Rozier and KYrie....

and you are right Rondo was starting over him. Rose has been playing some great ball as well.

tlance has just been left in the past. For some reason he does not comprehend that a guard that is shooting below 40% just hinders a team in the worst way. This is not 1988 when you could get away with a point guard just being a passer. In todays league- one of the most important scorers on the team is the point guard because of how the league is setup and the league rules.

Think of how valuable a point guard that can score and make plays-- guys like Lillard, Kyrie, RW, Curry, Kemba, Harden, Lowry--- thats what the NBA is in 2018!!!! those guys ARE point guards!!!--- and the young guys are the same, Fox, Sexton, DSJ, SGA, Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Rozier, Murray, Dinwiddie is- that is what a point guard is in 2018----- its not Rondo and Ball and Rubio!!! the fact that he cannot get that through his head even after getting burned on Irving is just unbelievable to me. i guess i would say that Conley and Wall are kind of more towards the middle but bot hare obviously huge scorers for their teams--

guys like Rubio, Rondo and Ball are more of a novelty and when you have a guard that cant stretch the floor it has to be made up somewhere else on the team. If you dont have AT LEAST 3 shooters on the floor in todays NBA you arein trouble- and if you cant count your point guard as one of those shooters it puts you behind the eight ball in a serious way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

I disagree with you all the time. But I do it respectfully. Please look at my response. Perfectly reasonable. No name calling and a well thought out reply. Then you come back with this gem because you don't have the knowledge to have a basketball debate with me.

I have never once said that a PG has to be a non-scoring facilitator. Yet, you attribute that to me because you like making stuff up.

What I have said is that players like Kyrie, Sexton, DSJ, etc. would do quite well playing off the ball. that is as long as defensive matchups enable you to play 2 PGs together. Ball's size would allow you to do that in most situations.

I have also said that players like Kyrie are not true PGs, and you assume that is some kind of slight. It isn't.

So in other words, if you want to talk basketball, I am happy to do that with you.

But, when you go to your Wiggy playbook of name calling, making stuff up, twisting meanings, tossing out BS ratings and refusing to own your bad calls,

Your call, but I am here all day. And I am happy to take this in whichever direction you want to go.
yah you keep telling embarassing yourself by saying that someone that is 10th on his team in minutes played and playing 12 minutes a game is a rotation player

you are helplessy trapped in an era of basketball that no longer exits- you are an old fart that cant let go of what the NBA used to be and what YOU think it should be instead of embracing what it actually is.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

On SI's FN I said Irving would be a good SG.....when James went back to the Cavs.....that's what he became because James was the de facto PG. And the Cavs were better than when Irving was the "PG."

#TimevindicatesDJ

@LAD, @Mecca, @Wamu, @LUNCHBOX

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

30 years ago Irving might nto have been a point guard "true" or otherwise.

today guys like irving are as "true" a point guard as anyone- THATS WHAT THE GAME is now. get with it.

your antiquated view of the NBA continually makes you look incompetent.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You and I don't always agree but you're 100% on point and always objective......

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On SI's FN I said Irving would be a good SG.....when James went back to the Cavs.....that's what he became because James was the de facto PG. And the Cavs were better than when Irving was the "PG."

#TimevindicatesDJ

@LAD, @Mecca, @Wamu, @LUNCHBOX

@WiggyRuss LOL when I said he'd be better off at SG than PG.