• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no defintion of rotation player you will find that says 15 minutes a game over 71 contests doesn't meet the standard.

He was clearly wrong.
that wouldnt even qualify!!! LOL

12 minutes is nothing--- its mop up duty.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just have a very very poor understanding of the NBA game and whats valued in the NBA game

any schmuck off the street can play some perimeter D. The Cavs signed David Nwaba and he will play better D in his couple years he somehow sticks in the NBA than Kyrie ever will.

Delly will show more heart, hustle and play more of a team game than Kyrie ever will

but thats not whats important- not by a fucking long shot.

and its something that you simply dont understand- or refuse to understand because it makes you feel less important.

No, I understand quite well actually.

Offense is valued higher than defense because like you said, there are more guys who can defend than can score.

But, what I do understand much bette than you I said that the most valuable commodities are 2 way players. Kyrie and Love are valuable players to be sure. But, they aren't players I would ever want to build a team around. Simple as that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just think of it this way--- which is of course a common sense way to think about it?

what are playoff rotations? usually 8 guys? maybe 9 guys get real playing time?

the '16-'17 Warriors:

McCaw- 10th in minutes

no fucking postseason rotation goes 10 guys deep lol

the next season?

LOL, the next season his 2.7 minutes a game isnt even worth talking about

GARBAGE

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I understand quite well actually.

Offense is valued higher than defense because like you said, there are more guys who can defend than can score.

But, what I do understand much bette than you I said that the most valuable commodities are 2 way players. Kyrie and Love are valuable players to be sure. But, they aren't players I would ever want to build a team around. Simple as that.
you are just wrong

beal plays way better defense and is a VERY good scorer- but Kyrie KICKS HIS ASS.

save your team ball for your 14 year olds.

when those half court defenses stiffen up in the NBA playoffs there arent 10 guys youd want on your team more than Kyrie Irving. He can single handedly win you a playoff game and there arent many guys that can do that. Its something you totally fail to understand/comprehend.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

and to say i am over-rating Baker?

he is the #1 pick in the draft in a QB rich draft where 5 go in the first round

if not for not starting the first 3 games of the season- he would assuredly have broke the rookie record for TDs in a season on a BROWNS TEAM that won 1 game the last 2 seasons combined

he still might break the rookie record for TD passes in a season (held by none other than PEYTON FUCKING MANNING) after not even starting 3 out of 16 --- think about that. Its RIDICULOUS.

the guys you trade Baker for in the entire NFL:

Aaron Rodges
Pat Mahomes
maybe Russell Wilson
maybe DeShaun Watson
MAYBE but doubtfully Jerrod Goff

end of list

No, that is probable fair. Also not what you said a few posts ago whe young said "maybe Mahomes".

Honestly, I would not trade him for Rodgers. Rodgers is declining. The others on your list defintely though. Although it is totally moot because QBs never get traded for one another.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no defintion of rotation player you will find that says 15 minutes a game over 71 contests doesn't meet the standard.

He was clearly wrong.
playoff rotations dont go 10 players deep--- the guys at the very end of the bench swallow some garbage time minutes- which is all McCaw ever was- a mop up duty nobody.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many guys in the NBA can truly will you to victory and single handedly win a playoff game?

I know Kyrie is one of them. Kyrie can beat you by himself.

Durant, Curry, LeBron, Davis, Embiid, Kawhi, Giannis, Kyrie, Harden

thats the entire list.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are just wrong

beal plays way better defense and is a VERY good scorer- but Kyrie KICKS HIS ASS.

save your team ball for your 14 year olds.

when those half court defenses stiffen up in the NBA playoffs there arent 10 guys youd want on your team more than Kyrie Irving. He can single handedly win you a playoff game and there arent many guys that can do that. Its something you totally fail to understand/comprehend.

I wouldn't build a team around Beal either.

And LOL at you questioning my knowledge when I kick your ass here on the regular.

Must I remind you about your McGee and LeBron comments from last summer?

You are hilarious!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playoff rotations dont go 10 players deep--- the guys at the very end of the bench swallow some garbage time minutes- which is all McCaw ever was- a mop up duty nobody.

Keep trying to justify.

You are moving the goal posts and you are still wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @WiggyRuss

Play #6: hand out BS ratings

You can't beat me. You so mad right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @WiggyRuss

Play #6: hand out BS ratings

You can't beat me. You so mad right now.
dude use some common sense

when you are 10th in minutes on your own team - you are not in the rotation. lol

12 minutes a game, 10th in minutes.....LOL....i mean, did you even bother to stopand think about how stupid you sound?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that is probable fair. Also not what you said a few posts ago whe young said "maybe Mahomes".

Honestly, I would not trade him for Rodgers. Rodgers is declining. The others on your list defintely though. Although it is totally moot because QBs never get traded for one another.
it is "maybe" Mahomes

last year , in his rookie year, Mahomes had his ass stapled to the bench

this year Baker might break the NFL Rookie record for TD's despite missing 3 starts and playing on a team that won 1 game the last 2 seasons COMBINED. Dont act like there isnt an argument.

The Browns are gonna improve by AT LEAST ,6 , prob 7 at the worst under baker- how many games did the Chiefs improve?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean just think of how stupid he sounds

12 minutes--- if you consider that a rotation player than what? is 11 minutes? 10 minutes? 9 minutes? whats the cut off?

Lets just use common sense here

A playoff rotation is usually 8 guys--- MAYBE 9....and then guys get some garbage time minutes in blowouts or because of foul trouble.

To me, the definition of a rotation player will always be if you consistently play high leverage minutes

the 10th guy, playing 12 minutes a game is not part of "the rotation"- he is a mop up guy that plays in blowouts or if there is unanticipated major foul trouble.

There is no magic number of minutes--- though it would be hard to impossible to say anyone playing 20 minutes a game is not in the rotation- or if he is top 8 in the team in minutes.........top 9 in minutes and 14-15 minutse a game is pushing it--- could go either way- but id tend to say "no" as a rotation guy

10th in minutes played and 12 minutes a game is mop up duty.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only QB's, and by extension, the only players, you would consider trading Baker for at this point:

Rodgers
Mahomes
Watson
Wilson

MAAAAAAYBE Goff but i take Baker

end of list.

I would cross Rodgers and Goff off the list.
Mahomes, Watson or Wilson.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is "maybe" Mahomes

last year , in his rookie year, Mahomes had his ass stapled to the bench

this year Baker might break the NFL Rookie record for TD's despite missing 3 starts and playing on a team that won 1 game the last 2 seasons COMBINED. Dont act like there isnt an argument.

The Browns are gonna improve by AT LEAST ,6 , prob 7 at the worst under baker- how many games did the Chiefs improve?

There isn't an argument.

The Browns made a lot of moves this offseason. Their improvement isn't all about Mayfield. And to be honest, Greg Williams deserves just as much credit because he isn't an incompetent fool.

When Baker Mayfield is in the MVP conversation you can compare him to Mahomes. Until then, there is no comparison.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would cross Rodgers and Goff off the list.
Mahomes, Watson or Wilson.
i still think Rodgers is the best QB in the league- and at 35 he can still play 4-5 more years--- look at what Brees and Brady are doing.

If i had a team ready to win I would have to at least consider it--- but id prob take Mayfield.

Dorsey stuck the pick is what it comes down to.

We are debating whether Baker is one of the 3-5 most valuable players in the league. How fucking awesome is that?

dude might break the all time rookie TD record even though he didnt take 1 1st team rep in training camp and he missed 3 starts because of Hue's incompetence.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean just think of how stupid he sounds

12 minutes--- if you consider that a rotation player than what? is 11 minutes? 10 minutes? 9 minutes? whats the cut off?

Lets just use common sense here

A playoff rotation is usually 8 guys--- MAYBE 9....and then guys get some garbage time minutes in blowouts or because of foul trouble.

To me, the definition of a rotation player will always be if you consistently play high leverage minutes

the 10th guy, playing 12 minutes a game is not part of "the rotation"- he is a mop up guy that plays in blowouts or if there is unanticipated major foul trouble.

There is no magic number of minutes--- though it would be hard to impossible to say anyone playing 20 minutes a game is not in the rotation- or if he is top 8 in the team in minutes.........top 9 in minutes and 14-15 minutse a game is pushing it--- could go either way- but id tend to say "no" as a rotation guy

10th in minutes played and 12 minutes a game is mop up duty.

Bro,

Only one of us sounds stupid here. And it isn't me.

A rotational player is somebody who is in the team's regular rotation. It is as simple simple as that. McCaw was in the Warrior rotation his rookie year. End of discussion.

LOL at your 3 page diatribe and bringing Kyrie into this all to avoid admitting you were wrong.

#clown.