• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean this is basically what i said and is logical and fairly realistic.

all though- the Bucks did clear 20M in salary by getting rid of Delly and Henson next year i am sure with an eye to sign Middleton.

I think trading for Beal and signing either Cousins or Vucevic is probably the most likely course.

That defensive front court, whether its Cousisn or Vucevic with Kuzma will just be a sieve though.

The thing is- once the Lakers acutally fill out their cap space they can begin working deals that dont have to take the cap into consideration- trading for guys.

The longer they wait to fill out their cap space- the longer that process begins.

Say what you will about the Cavs and Dan G. - but he filled out his cap space quick and then kept on adding pieces despite the tax ramifcations.

If the Lakers say get Beal and Vucevic- then you can go out and trade for a 3rd defensive big- like a Henson from the Cavs- that would play D and come off the bench for 25 minues a game.

That is where they have to get to before too long. The clock is ticking- lebron looks great but father time is undefeated.
There will be a few decent Centers on the market.

Imo, Vuvecic is probably the most well rounded.

He can score, he can shag boards.

But, he's not a rim protector.

Robin Lopez is a capable defender.

He's not a rim protector or a scorer.

Deandre Jordan gives you rim protection.

Offense isn't his strong suit.

Enes Kanter gets buckets.

He does nothing else.

Boogie is Boogie.

None of these guys are wart free.

So, they could snag one and keep Mcgee or Chandler.

I also think one of the Morris twins would be a good addition.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is that good but he also is 0-3 vs the best QB's on his schedule, even though he has the better team, more weapons...arguably the best weapons in football. No doubt I would pick him over any other young QB but Baker is right there. I like Baker's leadership more, I like his toughness, both have great accuracy and he plays his best in pressure situations. But right now we are comparing a rookie to a guy that sat behind Alex Smith for one year and had one year to learn the offense. It is still very close in my book.

It would NOT be a pick'em lolz. Hunt, Hill, Watkins and Kelce. Mayfield would have a field day as well. Mahomes numbers are ridiculous but Mayfield even as a rookie, without the one year, would most likely be putting up some damn good numbers as well. I mean the Browns have been through a lot---the Josh Gordon thing, fire HC and OC mid-season, new OC, the fact Cleveland has won 3 games in two season, etc. I am surprised his numbers are this good considering all he has gone through, I wouldn't exactly say he has very reliable weapons other than Landry (who isn't much of a deep threat).
the only QB's, and by extension, the only players, you would consider trading Baker for at this point:

Rodgers
Mahomes
Watson
Wilson
MAAAAAAYBE Goff but i take Baker

end of list.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are the certified moron that said the Cavs would be better off without Kyrie Irving . lol

The other QB's in the NFL:

You EASILY take Mayfield over:

Allen in BUF, Tannehill in MIA, Darnold in NYJ, Jackson in BALT, Dalton in CIN, Borltes in JAX, Mariota in TEN, Keenum in DEN, Carr in OAK, Prescott in DAL, Eli in NYG, Smith/McCoy in WSH, Trubiskey in CHI, Winston in TAM, Rosen in ARI, Garapolo in SAN FRAN. thats 16- already thats TOP half of the league

The old guys that are great but are old that you would never trade Baker for since they will be retired within 1-3 years (3 years MAX for many of these guys:

Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rothlisberger ---- so thats 20 QB's down that you would NOT trade Baker for.

the in between guys that have been good to great but have their faults and you can make cases either way for:

Matt Stafford DET, Matt Ryan ATL, Cousins MIN, Wilson SEA, Newton in CAR---all incredibly expensive--- cousins has taken a step back. If money was not a factor id take Wilson over Baker but thats prob about it. I just watched Baker smoke Newton with less weapons, way less experience, way less salary, way less injury issues. Ryan has been nothing special lately.

the young studs:

Mahomes in KC, Goff in LA, Wentz in PHI, Watson in TEX. Goff sucked year one, great year 2, and has been great and slumped badly in year 3. Wentz has had 2 seasons end with serious serious injuries. Watson has had a serious injury.

the best:

Aaron Rodgers- he is 35, but thats still a lot younger than Brees at 39, Brady at 41, Rivers at 37, Rothlisberger at 36 (who has at most 2 years left).

Guys that you would have a compelling case to trade Baker for: Mahomes, 35 year old Rodgers probably, maybe Watson, maybe Wilson

I mean, what part of Baker is 5 TDs from breaking the rookie record on a Browns team that won 0 games last year and he didnt even start the first 3 games do you not comprehend? What is wrong with your brain?

I stopped reading after the first Sentence.

Play #1 name calling
Play #3 make stuff up

Please find where I said the Cavs would be better without Irving. You keep inventing a quote I never made.

@trojanfan12 wtf is up with this clown?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a few decent Centers on the market.

Imo, Vuvecic is probably the most well rounded.

He can score, he can shag boards.

But, he's not a rim protector.

Robin Lopez is a capable defender.

He's not a rim protector or a scorer.

Deandre Jordan gives you rim protection.

Offense isn't his strong suit.

Enes Kanter gets buckets.

He does nothing else.

Boogie is Boogie.

None of these guys are wart free.

So, they could snag one and keep Mcgee or Chandler.

I also think one of the Morris twins would be a good addition.
Vucevic is basically Kevin Love without the 3 point shooting, with better health

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a rotation player does not play 6 minutes a game- kiss my ass, 6 minutes a game, lol.....he was lucky to get 15 minutes a game in the regular season mostly due to garbage time- when it counted- he didnt play DICK in the playoffs the last 2 years...barely played more than me or you.

McCaw averaged 12 minutes per game during his rookie year.

Play #3- make stuff up

You were wrong. Own it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You deserve a little credit for not overvaluing this guy. But you get so many wrong that it's hard to take you seriously.

No.

He deserves zero credit.

Nobody overvalued him. We said he could be a soldid rotational player his rookie year because of his defense. Wiggy called me "delusional" and said it was "impossible for a 2nd round pick to be a rotational player on a contender".

No, he gets no credit. He was so wrong it isn't even funny. The funny part is that he actually believes he was right.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaw averaged 12 minutes per game during his rookie year.

Play #3- make stuff up

You were wrong. Own it.
12 minutes is not dick!!!! thats nothing! what is wrong with your brain?

I find it a little ironic that Cleveland plays arguably their best game of the season essentially without Kyrie, who missed because he was sleep deprived. Kyrie is one of the most overrated players in the league. He is a ball stopper who does not defend well. As great as he is at scoring in isolation, he only makes the Cavs marginally better.
Cavs record with Kyrie: 21-7
Cavs record without Kyrie: 19-8

That counts the OKC game as being without Kyrie. People assume the Cavs would have had a better shot to beat GS with Irving last year, but think about the matchups for a second. As uneven as Delly was offensively, he did as well guarding Curry as any player I have seen. Who is Irving going to match up with? I promise you he is not shutting Curry down.

Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why.

DUMB

AS

SHIT

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 minutes is not dick!!!! thats nothing! what is wrong with your brain?

I find it a little ironic that Cleveland plays arguably their best game of the season essentially without Kyrie, who missed because he was sleep deprived. Kyrie is one of the most overrated players in the league. He is a ball stopper who does not defend well. As great as he is at scoring in isolation, he only makes the Cavs marginally better.
Cavs record with Kyrie: 21-7
Cavs record without Kyrie: 19-8

That counts the OKC game as being without Kyrie. People assume the Cavs would have had a better shot to beat GS with Irving last year, but think about the matchups for a second. As uneven as Delly was offensively, he did as well guarding Curry as any player I have seen. Who is Irving going to match up with? I promise you he is not shutting Curry down.

Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why.

DUMB

AS

SHIT

Nope.

Never said Cleveland was better without Kyrie.

12 minutes = rotation player

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what Kobe was saying about Kyrie while the moron tlance was saying the Cavs were better off without him:

When Jalen Rose and I taped The Grantland Basketball Hour with Kobelast month, we were killing time during one of the commercial breaks and I asked Kobe if he had any “new” favorite players. You know how great chefs always identify the other up-and-coming great chefs? Kobe fancies himself as that guy for the NBA alpha dog/badass/overcompetitive mf’er corner. Knows it when he sees it. Even brags about being able to see it. He sniffed it out early with Westbrook (his favorite current star) in 2012 and — to my surprise — he’s sniffing it with Kyrie now and said as much. Heloves Kyrie. So that was a game changer for me

this is what LeBron said about the same time Tlance was making his IDIOTIC statements about Kyrie:

"If he continues to play the way he's been playing but also continues to progress in his game over the years he can do something that's very special around this league," James said. "I'm not going to put too much pressure on him, but I know in my head what he can become in this league and tonight he showed it."

the thing about Tlance- is that because he coaches childrens he puts WAY too much importance on the "team" game -- that he wants to make so important to make himself feel good.

the NBA has always been, is, and always will be about TALENT. Kyrie had it, has it, and will continue to develop it, and be able to do things that only few players do. No- he doesnt fight through picks, he doesnt try that hard on D, he doesnt always look for his teammates, but what he does do- absolutely gut a half court defense that is trying their balls off in the playoffs- is what makes him one of the most valuable players in the league. This is something that tlance is just so ignorant about and cant see passed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

He deserves zero credit.

Nobody overvalued him. We said he could be a soldid rotational player his rookie year because of his defense. Wiggy called me "delusional" and said it was "impossible for a 2nd round pick to be a rotational player on a contender".

No, he gets no credit. He was so wrong it isn't even funny. The funny part is that he actually believes he was right.
Go easy man. Once again we are arguing over fluid definitions like "rotational". He was borderline at best. Some of us thought he'd be a useful bench guy. Instead he's washed out of the league. It's hard to be objective with Wiggy the trolly clown but he had a better handle on McCAw even though he was being his usual dickish self about it

He still gets way more wrong, obviously

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont even qualify in the NBA playing 12 minutes a game...lol......this is honestly the dumbest shit i have ever heard--- well- other than the Irving i s a bad fit with Lebron. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what Kobe was saying about Kyrie while the moron tlance was saying the Cavs were better off without him:

When Jalen Rose and I taped The Grantland Basketball Hour with Kobelast month, we were killing time during one of the commercial breaks and I asked Kobe if he had any “new” favorite players. You know how great chefs always identify the other up-and-coming great chefs? Kobe fancies himself as that guy for the NBA alpha dog/badass/overcompetitive mf’er corner. Knows it when he sees it. Even brags about being able to see it. He sniffed it out early with Westbrook (his favorite current star) in 2012 and — to my surprise — he’s sniffing it with Kyrie now and said as much. Heloves Kyrie. So that was a game changer for me

this is what LeBron said about the same time Tlance was making his IDIOTIC statements about Kyrie:

"If he continues to play the way he's been playing but also continues to progress in his game over the years he can do something that's very special around this league," James said. "I'm not going to put too much pressure on him, but I know in my head what he can become in this league and tonight he showed it."

the thing about Tlance- is that because he coaches childrens he puts WAY too much importance on the "team" game -- that he wants to make so important to make himself feel good.

the NBA has always been, is, and always will be about TALENT. Kyrie had it, has it, and will continue to develop it, and be able to do things that only few players do. No- he doesnt fight through picks, he doesnt try that hard on D, he doesnt always look for his teammates, but what he does do- absolutely gut a half court defense that is trying their balls off in the playoffs- is what makes him one of the most valuable players in the league. This is something that tlance is just so ignorant about and cant see passed.

Again, you are making stuff up. You even went back 3 years to find a quote and it says exactly what I thought it would.

"Cleveland is only marginally better with Kyrie"

NOT nearly the same as what you attributed to me.

Also, for the record, I said I thought Kyrie's ball stopping and bad defense would be the reasons the Cavs never won. I also was man enough to step up and admit I was wrong on that after they did.

Something you don't have the courage to do despite being blatantly and spectacularly wrong more times than anybody can count.

That is why you are a damn clown that nobody here takes seriously.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Never said Cleveland was better without Kyrie.

12 minutes = rotation player
when your best argument is "12 minutes a game" - just think about how stupid you sound

you lost- 12 minutes a game, holy shit - its like saying Madison Bumgarner is a power hitter. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are making stuff up. You even went back 3 years to find a quote and it says exactly what I thought it would.

"Cleveland is only marginally better with Kyrie"

NOT nearly the same as what you attributed to me.

Also, for the record, I said I thought Kyrie's ball stopping and bad defense would be the reasons the Cavs never won. I also was man enough to step up and admit I was wrong on that after they did.

Something you don't have the courage to do despite being blatantly and spectacularly wrong more times than anybody can count.

That is why you are a damn clown that nobody here takes seriously.
you just have a very very poor understanding of the NBA game and whats valued in the NBA game

any schmuck off the street can play some perimeter D. The Cavs signed David Nwaba and he will play better D in his couple years he somehow sticks in the NBA than Kyrie ever will.

Delly will show more heart, hustle and play more of a team game than Kyrie ever will

but thats not whats important- not by a fucking long shot.

and its something that you simply dont understand- or refuse to understand because it makes you feel less important.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go easy man. Once again we are arguing over fluid definitions like "rotational". He was borderline at best. Some of us thought he'd be a useful bench guy. Instead he's washed out of the league. It's hard to be objective with Wiggy the trolly clown but he had a better handle on McCAw even though he was being his usual dickish self about it

He still gets way more wrong, obviously

There is no defintion of rotation player you will find that says 15 minutes a game over 71 contests doesn't meet the standard.

He was clearly wrong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

and to say i am over-rating Baker?

he is the #1 pick in the draft in a QB rich draft where 5 go in the first round

if not for not starting the first 3 games of the season- he would assuredly have broke the rookie record for TDs in a season on a BROWNS TEAM that won 1 game the last 2 seasons combined

he still might break the rookie record for TD passes in a season (held by none other than PEYTON FUCKING MANNING) after not even starting 3 out of 16 --- think about that. Its RIDICULOUS.

the guys you trade Baker for in the entire NFL:

Aaron Rodges
Pat Mahomes
maybe Russell Wilson
maybe DeShaun Watson
MAYBE but doubtfully Jerrod Goff

end of list