• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klutch is definitely a factor.

AD doesn't come across as a weak minded kidnap victim.

But, we've also seen guys go against their agents at the 11th hour.

* See Deandre " Stockholm Syndrome " Jordan.

Agree 100%.

Imo, AD signing with Klutch gives the Lakers an "in" that they didn't have with PG and don't have with Kawhi. But it doesn't guarantee a thing.

Assuming a trade doesn't happen during the season, the Celtics may decide to go all in and risk AD leaving. I'd imagine that if they make the finals during those 2 years, it would be awfully tough to walk away from them. Especially if he has a title or 2.

But, we often see things happen in trades and FA that folks didn't see coming (both for better and worse lol).

I don't think anyone saw KG being traded to the Celtics, or KD going to the Warriors, or Lebron signing with the Lakers with no other stars coming with him.

The Lakers getting him is a bit of a long shot, especially if it's before he becomes an FA. But, it's shot they have to take.

I will say though, there's a part of me that wants the Lakers to get AD, not because of how much it will help the team (that goes without saying)...

But because I want to see all of the crying and conspiracy theories about the league making it happen to get the Lakers back on top. :heh:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Complete radio silence. About a month ago there was video of him playing pick up games back in St. Louis at a high school gym. Other than that, nothing.

Think his best course of action now is to go over to China and see if he can build himself back up there. It's going to be tough, because there are tons of guys there killing it that can't get a shot back here in the NBA.

He pretty much killed his NBA career. Next year he'll be 24 and that's when things are really supposed to start clicking for you in the NBA. I really can't imagine any team in the NBA giving him something other than a camp deal, but the Warriors still retain his rights as an RFA.

His best case scenario is that he tells the Warriors he took some horrible advice from his camp and let go of all of them. He asks them to sign him either to a 2 year minimum deal, with a team option the second year or he asks them simply to sign him to a camp deal.

Otherwise, dude is not going to set foot on an NBA court again.
Sources: Warriors committed to matching any offer sheet for holdout guard Patrick McCaw

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

Imo, AD signing with Klutch gives the Lakers an "in" that they didn't have with PG and don't have with Kawhi. But it doesn't guarantee a thing.

Assuming a trade doesn't happen during the season, the Celtics may decide to go all in and risk AD leaving. I'd imagine that if they make the finals during those 2 years, it would be awfully tough to walk away from them. Especially if he has a title or 2.

But, we often see things happen in trades and FA that folks didn't see coming (both for better and worse lol).

I don't think anyone saw KG being traded to the Celtics, or KD going to the Warriors, or Lebron signing with the Lakers with no other stars coming with him.

The Lakers getting him is a bit of a long shot, especially if it's before he becomes an FA. But, it's shot they have to take.

I will say though, there's a part of me that wants the Lakers to get AD, not because of how much it will help the team (that goes without saying)...

But because I want to see all of the crying and conspiracy theories about the league making it happen to get the Lakers back on top. :heh:
so what do you do?

I doubt they trade him this offseason if they even do---- say you have to wait till the offseason AFTER this offseason--- but in the meantime you can trade for like Beal or something and KNOW you can get that deal done

what are you gonna just wait and wait and wait and pray that you can put this great team around LeBron ?

By the time that AD would be a free agent LeBron would be in his age 37 season. Sure if you can trade for him this offseason and some how trump a Boston offer more power to ya...but in all likelihood and with any dose of reality he wont hit the trade market until the following offseason- and wont hit free agency until the year after that.

At some point the Lakers are going to have to use their cap space and their young players in a trade or by the time they do LeBron is going to be in ancient.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just so you know

Baker is 5 TDs away from tying the rookie record set by Peyton Manning. This despite not getting even 1 first team rep in training camp and not staring the first 3 games of the season. At this point last year Mahomes was glued to the bench.

Mahomes has a much better supporting cast.

I would still probably take Mahomes over Baker long term- but there are not too many guys in the entirety of the NFL that I would trade Baker for. Honestly maybe MAhomes and thats it. Nothing is more valuable than a great rookie QB on a cheap deal. Baker is without a doubt one of the most valuable players in the entire NFL.

Redskins have not had a player like Baker in decades

See, why do you feel the need to do this?

There are 2 people in the sports world I dislike more than Ernie Grundlfeld. They are Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder. Unlike you, I am realistic about my teams.

And for the record, the Redskins have 3 super Bowl wins in my lifetime and 2 I am old enough to remember watching. Let me know when the Browns get there.

And like always, Baker has been good, but he is far from great. You are WAY overstating his actual value.

He might get there and his contract is valuable for sure. But because YOU wouldn't trade Mayfield for anybody else in the NFL that does not equate to what his value is. Because you don't exactly have a good track record for objectively valuing Cleveland players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaw is waiting for that 4M dollar per year offer!!! he knows its coming!!! LOL

You would have thought this fucker was going to get a max contract the way some people latched onto his nuts after he was drafted.

A little-used nobody that not one team offered a decent offer sheet to. On top of that he is a moron.

Really?

Still doing this?

All anybody ever said was that he could be a solid rotational player because of his defense.

Like usual, you were wrong. Because he was a rotational player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what do you do?

I doubt they trade him this offseason if they even do---- say you have to wait till the offseason AFTER this offseason--- but in the meantime you can trade for like Beal or something and KNOW you can get that deal done

what are you gonna just wait and wait and wait and pray that you can put this great team around LeBron ?

By the time that AD would be a free agent LeBron would be in his age 37 season. Sure if you can trade for him this offseason and some how trump a Boston offer more power to ya...but in all likelihood and with any dose of reality he wont hit the trade market until the following offseason- and wont hit free agency until the year after that.

At some point the Lakers are going to have to use their cap space and their young players in a trade or by the time they do LeBron is going to be in ancient.

Really, the Lakers decision will likely be made for them because, at the end of the day, Klutch or no Klutch, it's all about what the Pelicans choose to do and how willing they are to accommodate AD.

The Lakers can make the Pelicans a very nice, very fair offer. There'd be nothing wrong with taking it.

But, the Celtics can beat it without hurting their title chances. If the Pelicans want to accommodate AD, they can go with a Lakers offer and have a respectable return. If they don't, they'd take the Celtics offer and get even more.

I'm sure the Lakers have several scenarios/options that they are working on though.

They have what they are willing to trade for AD (which should be everybody not named Lebron).

They have a pecking order of top FA's they want to target.

They likely also have a list of guys they'd be willing to trade for and what they'd be willing to give up for them.

And I'm sure they have a list of next tier and 1 year contract guys that they will target if they strike out this off-season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, the Lakers decision will likely be made for them because, at the end of the day, Klutch or no Klutch, it's all about what the Pelicans choose to do and how willing they are to accommodate AD.

The Lakers can make the Pelicans a very nice, very fair offer. There'd be nothing wrong with taking it.

But, the Celtics can beat it without hurting their title chances. If the Pelicans want to accommodate AD, they can go with a Lakers offer and have a respectable return. If they don't, they'd take the Celtics offer and get even more.

I'm sure the Lakers have several scenarios/options that they are working on though.

They have what they are willing to trade for AD (which should be everybody not named Lebron).

They have a pecking order of top FA's they want to target.

They likely also have a list of guys they'd be willing to trade for and what they'd be willing to give up for them.

And I'm sure they have a list of next tier and 1 year contract guys that they will target if they strike out this off-season.
I'm calling it now....

Vuvecic and Middleton if the Lakers outright sign two guys.

If it's sign one, trade for one, Beal and Vuvecic.

Everyone knows the Magic are the farm system for Lakers Centers...lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now....

Vuvecic and Middleton if the Lakers outright sign two guys.

If it's sign one, trade for one, Beal and Vuvecic.

Everyone knows the Magic are the farm system for Lakers Centers...lol
i mean this is basically what i said and is logical and fairly realistic.

all though- the Bucks did clear 20M in salary by getting rid of Delly and Henson next year i am sure with an eye to sign Middleton.

I think trading for Beal and signing either Cousins or Vucevic is probably the most likely course.

That defensive front court, whether its Cousisn or Vucevic with Kuzma will just be a sieve though.

The thing is- once the Lakers acutally fill out their cap space they can begin working deals that dont have to take the cap into consideration- trading for guys.

The longer they wait to fill out their cap space- the longer that process begins.

Say what you will about the Cavs and Dan G. - but he filled out his cap space quick and then kept on adding pieces despite the tax ramifcations.

If the Lakers say get Beal and Vucevic- then you can go out and trade for a 3rd defensive big- like a Henson from the Cavs- that would play D and come off the bench for 25 minues a game.

That is where they have to get to before too long. The clock is ticking- lebron looks great but father time is undefeated.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know if they can make the Pelcians a "very nice, very fair offer"--- what would you consider that to be?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Still doing this?

All anybody ever said was that he could be a solid rotational player because of his defense.

Like usual, you were wrong. Because he was a rotational player.
in the last 2 years he averaged 7 minutes a game in the playoffs.

in '16-'17 against the CAvs he averaged under 7 minutes a game

in '17-'18 against the Cavs he averaged UNDER 3 minutes a game

rotation player? eat my ass rotation player. LOL

in the last 2 regular seasons he averaged 15 minutes and 16 minutes a game

eat my ass rotation player! you have got to be fucking kidding me...you hitting the ole egg nog a lil early there old boy?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

But if you ask all 32 GMs to rank the QBs based on who they would most want to start a franchise with, how many would answer anyone but Mahomes at #1?

My bet is less than 10%. And nobody is putting Baker over Mahomes. Nobody.

Yeah the weapons and play calling help him produce. That is obvious. But I have seen maybe 1 or 2 other QBs in my lifetime with anything close to Mahomes' play making ability.

And yeah, if Mahomes were on the Browns and Mayfield on the Chiefs right now, it would be a pickem matchup. Because Mahomes is that good.

Mahomes is that good but he also is 0-3 vs the best QB's on his schedule, even though he has the better team, more weapons...arguably the best weapons in football. No doubt I would pick him over any other young QB but Baker is right there. I like Baker's leadership more, I like his toughness, both have great accuracy and he plays his best in pressure situations. But right now we are comparing a rookie to a guy that sat behind Alex Smith for one year and had one year to learn the offense. It is still very close in my book.

It would NOT be a pick'em lolz. Hunt, Hill, Watkins and Kelce. Mayfield would have a field day as well. Mahomes numbers are ridiculous but Mayfield even as a rookie, without the one year, would most likely be putting up some damn good numbers as well. I mean the Browns have been through a lot---the Josh Gordon thing, fire HC and OC mid-season, new OC, the fact Cleveland has won 3 games in two season, etc. I am surprised his numbers are this good considering all he has gone through, I wouldn't exactly say he has very reliable weapons other than Landry (who isn't much of a deep threat).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah I know this is the NBA forum lolzzz

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eat my ass rotation player! you have got to be fucking kidding me...you hitting the ole egg nog a lil early there old boy?
You deserve a little credit for not overvaluing this guy. But you get so many wrong that it's hard to take you seriously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is that good but he also is 0-3 vs the best QB's on his schedule, even though he has the better team, more weapons...arguably the best weapons in football. No doubt I would pick him over any other young QB but Baker is right there. I like Baker's leadership more, I like his toughness, both have great accuracy and he plays his best in pressure situations. But right now we are comparing a rookie to a guy that sat behind Alex Smith for one year and had one year to learn the offense. It is still very close in my book.

It would NOT be a pick'em lolz. Hunt, Hill, Watkins and Kelce. Mayfield would have a field day as well. Mahomes numbers are ridiculous but Mayfield even as a rookie, without the one year, would most likely be putting up some damn good numbers as well. I mean the Browns have been through a lot---the Josh Gordon thing, fire HC and OC mid-season, new OC, the fact Cleveland has won 3 games in two season, etc. I am surprised his numbers are this good considering all he has gone through, I wouldn't exactly say he has very reliable weapons other than Landry (who isn't much of a deep threat).

The Chiefs have a much better offense and the Browns have a much better defense. The Chiefs have won more games because of Mahomes than the Browns have won because of Mayfield.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

er, wrong. He whipped Rivers his first game this season...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please look up the defintion of "rotation player". Then get back to me.

I will give you a hint. It has absolutely nothing to do with scoring average.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, why do you feel the need to do this?

There are 2 people in the sports world I dislike more than Ernie Grundlfeld. They are Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder. Unlike you, I am realistic about my teams.

And for the record, the Redskins have 3 super Bowl wins in my lifetime and 2 I am old enough to remember watching. Let me know when the Browns get there.

And like always, Baker has been good, but he is far from great. You are WAY overstating his actual value.

He might get there and his contract is valuable for sure. But because YOU wouldn't trade Mayfield for anybody else in the NFL that does not equate to what his value is. Because you don't exactly have a good track record for objectively valuing Cleveland players.
you are the certified moron that said the Cavs would be better off without Kyrie Irving . lol

The other QB's in the NFL:

You EASILY take Mayfield over:

Allen in BUF, Tannehill in MIA, Darnold in NYJ, Jackson in BALT, Dalton in CIN, Borltes in JAX, Mariota in TEN, Keenum in DEN, Carr in OAK, Prescott in DAL, Eli in NYG, Smith/McCoy in WSH, Trubiskey in CHI, Winston in TAM, Rosen in ARI, Garapolo in SAN FRAN. thats 16- already thats TOP half of the league

The old guys that are great but are old that you would never trade Baker for since they will be retired within 1-3 years (3 years MAX for many of these guys:

Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rothlisberger ---- so thats 20 QB's down that you would NOT trade Baker for.

the in between guys that have been good to great but have their faults and you can make cases either way for:

Matt Stafford DET, Matt Ryan ATL, Cousins MIN, Wilson SEA, Newton in CAR---all incredibly expensive--- cousins has taken a step back. If money was not a factor id take Wilson over Baker but thats prob about it. I just watched Baker smoke Newton with less weapons, way less experience, way less salary, way less injury issues. Ryan has been nothing special lately.

the young studs:

Mahomes in KC, Goff in LA, Wentz in PHI, Watson in TEX. Goff sucked year one, great year 2, and has been great and slumped badly in year 3. Wentz has had 2 seasons end with serious serious injuries. Watson has had a serious injury.

the best:

Aaron Rodgers- he is 35, but thats still a lot younger than Brees at 39, Brady at 41, Rivers at 37, Rothlisberger at 36 (who has at most 2 years left).

Guys that you would have a compelling case to trade Baker for: Mahomes, 35 year old Rodgers probably, maybe Watson, maybe Wilson

I mean, what part of Baker is 5 TDs from breaking the rookie record on a Browns team that won 0 games last year and he didnt even start the first 3 games do you not comprehend? What is wrong with your brain?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look up the defintion of "rotation player". Then get back to me.

I will give you a hint. It has absolutely nothing to do with scoring average.
a rotation player does not play 6 minutes a game- kiss my ass, 6 minutes a game, lol.....he was lucky to get 15 minutes a game in the regular season mostly due to garbage time- when it counted- he didnt play DICK in the playoffs the last 2 years...barely played more than me or you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
er, wrong. He whipped Rivers his first game this season...

And honestly, Andy Reid got super conservative with play calling or he would have whipped him again.

The 4th and 3 punt from the 43 in the second quarter was mind boggling given the situation. That punt allowed the Chargers to eat up the last 9 minutes of the 1st half and turned momentum. They also went pretty conservative in the 4th.