• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...

Jabari Parker was drafted in June of '14....

he then of course was under contract for

the '14-'15 season

the '15-'16 season

the '16-'17 seaon

the '17-'18 season

and was then an RFA

so that confirms it--- a first round pick is under contract for 4 years and is then an RFA.

After next season Ingram will be an RFA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is it in the NBA?

are you an RFA after your third or fourth season?

I think you are an RFA after your 4th season if you are a first round draft pick.

So after next year Ingram will be an RFA.

It's right there in the link. 4 years, qualifying offer, then free agency (RFA). If no qualifying offer, then UFA a year sooner.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he's a free agent.

I said he's up for a extension.

* See KAT this year.
as me and @shopson67 are saying- and i am sure you concur with

4 years than an RFA

After year 4 he can defiinitely be stolen by other teams if other teams make large offers.

Would the Lakers match a huge offer sheet for Ingram if a team tried to gamble on him?

What would you pay Ingram?

I could see a desperate team with cap space giving him 4 years between 60 and 72

its one reason why i just dont think his trade value is that high

if you are trading for him this summer you get him 1 year at a good price bfore you have to pay him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another-report-echoing-pelicans-zero-203024079.html

The Pelicans aren’t interested in trading Davis and instead have been engaged in trade talks to try to improve their team around him. They are currently in 12th in the standings but, as is the nature of the Western Conference, they are just three games out of fourth place….

Certainly they recognize their situation with Davis is tenuous, and they feel the pressure. But they absolutely want to get to the summer, when they can potentially offer Davis a supermax extension that would potentially pay him $70 million more than he can get anywhere else. If they do have to face the reality of a trade at some point down the line — a definite possibility if Davis rejects the extension — they would want to make sure the Celtics are able to make a bid. Not because it’s a foregone conclusion that’s where Davis would go, but so that it would juice the marketplace.

Davis has given no indication he wants to leave New Orleans. In fact, he has been dedicating himself toward the team over the past year more than ever before. He’s playing through injuries. He’s playing out of his preferred position. He has shown noticeable leadership growth. He’s having a career season and has a real chance at the MVP award.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 years than an RFA

After year 4 he can defiinitely be stolen by other teams if other teams make large offers.

Would the Lakers match a huge offer sheet for Ingram if a team tried to gamble on him?

I could see a desperate team with cap space giving him 4 years between 60 and 72

if you are trading for him this summer you get him 1 year at a good price bfore you have to pay him.

Given Ingram's age, I'd say he'd be more than likely to receive an offer in the 20M+ range per year if a team wanted him. Reason being is that I think anywhere in the 60-70 range, the Lakers don't hesitate to match. That is solid starter money, when you really think about it. Then you have to consider future upside as well. It would take 20M at least to get the Lakers to think about potentially not matching.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 years than an RFA

You are missing my point.

My Original post stated I would not want a package built around Ingram because he is eligible for a extension and I have no idea what he's worth.

Him being a rfa is neither here nor there.

Even if he shows improvement, he's closer to Harry Barnes than Durant and I wouldn't want to be caught in a Wiggins, Porter overpay based on potential that may not ever be realized.

His free agency status is just moving the goalposts.

A Davis trade with Ingram as the centerpiece is a heist.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's right there in the link. 4 years, qualifying offer, then free agency (RFA). If no qualifying offer, then UFA a year sooner.
That wasn't what I said.

D Lo, Porzingis, KAT, Turner, Booker drafted in 2015 all up for extensions this past Summer.

KAT, Turner, Booker were extended.

Simmons, Ingram, Brown, Heild drafted 2016, all eligible for contract extensions next Summer.

Free Agency wasn't even mentioned.

My point still stands.

A Davis trade with Ingram as the centerpiece is grand theft.

There is no way NOLA would be able to let him walk.

So, they would have to overpay to keep him.

Doesn't matter if it's this year or next....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another-report-echoing-pelicans-zero-203024079.html

The Pelicans aren’t interested in trading Davis and instead have been engaged in trade talks to try to improve their team around him. They are currently in 12th in the standings but, as is the nature of the Western Conference, they are just three games out of fourth place….

Certainly they recognize their situation with Davis is tenuous, and they feel the pressure. But they absolutely want to get to the summer, when they can potentially offer Davis a supermax extension that would potentially pay him $70 million more than he can get anywhere else. If they do have to face the reality of a trade at some point down the line — a definite possibility if Davis rejects the extension — they would want to make sure the Celtics are able to make a bid. Not because it’s a foregone conclusion that’s where Davis would go, but so that it would juice the marketplace.

Davis has given no indication he wants to leave New Orleans. In fact, he has been dedicating himself toward the team over the past year more than ever before. He’s playing through injuries. He’s playing out of his preferred position. He has shown noticeable leadership growth. He’s having a career season and has a real chance at the MVP award.

Lakers will take Randle back; they can have Rondo back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing my point.

My Original post stated I would not want a package built around Ingram because he is eligible for a extension and I have no idea what he's worth.

Him being a rfa is neither here nor there.

Even if he shows improvement, he's closer to Harry Barnes than Durant and I wouldn't want to be caught in a Wiggins, Porter overpay based on potential that may not ever be realized.

His free agency status is just moving the goalposts.

A Davis trade with Ingram as the centerpiece is a heist.
I totally a gree with everything yo usaid

Ingram only has cost certainty for 1 more year and then will be an RFA and anything can happen at that point

If I was the Pleicans and traded for him- and some team gave him an offer sheet of like 4 years 72M i might not eve nwant to keep him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 years than an RFA

Here's what Spotrac shows his contract terms as:

16/17: $5,281,680
17/18: $5,519,400
18/19: $5,757,120
19/20: $7,265,485
20/21: $9,481,458 (qualifying offer)
2020: RFA

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't what I said.

D Lo, Porzingis, KAT, Turner, Booker drafted in 2015 all up for extensions this past Summer.

KAT, Turner, Booker were extended.

Simmons, Ingram, Brown, Heild drafted 2016, all eligible for contract extensions next Summer.

Free Agency wasn't even mentioned.

My point still stands.

A Davis trade with Ingram as the centerpiece is grand theft.

There is no way NOLA would be able to let him walk.

So, they would have to overpay to keep him.

Doesn't matter if it's this year or next....

Those are early extensions, RFA year isn't until the year following.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we're in agreement that it's impossible to compare a rookie on a bad team to a second-year player on a fantastic team.

Ok.

But if you ask all 32 GMs to rank the QBs based on who they would most want to start a franchise with, how many would answer anyone but Mahomes at #1?

My bet is less than 10%. And nobody is putting Baker over Mahomes. Nobody.

Yeah the weapons and play calling help him produce. That is obvious. But I have seen maybe 1 or 2 other QBs in my lifetime with anything close to Mahomes' play making ability.

And yeah, if Mahomes were on the Browns and Mayfield on the Chiefs right now, it would be a pickem matchup. Because Mahomes is that good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what Spotrac shows his contract terms as:

16/17: $5,281,680
17/18: $5,519,400
18/19: $5,757,120
19/20: $7,265,485
20/21: $9,481,458 (qualifying offer)
2020: RFA
this is his 3rd year right?

he has 4 years and is than an RFA at the end of 4 years.

You dont get 5 years before restricted free agency

unless I am totally mistaken but i am almost positive its 4 years, and then you are an RFA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But, if they can put together a trade package good enough to land AD, they can also put together one to land a top FA that will actually re-sign with them.

So, assuming that Klutch would make it clear that AD isn't re-signing, they could have a super team for 2 years...or they could put together a deal to get another top FA and have a super team for longer.

Another interesting thing to consider would be whether or not the Pelicans would be willing to trade him during the season, or make him turn down the supermax.

If I understand the situation correctly, if the Pelicans trade him during the season, then the Celtics have to find a way to move Kyrie. But, if they decide to wait and make AD turn down the supermax, the Celtics can trade for him and keep Kyrie.

I don't think the Klutch signing is meaningless.

But we have also learned that no matter how much a player indicates they won't resign long term, teams close to championship level are still willing to take that risk because:

1) banners fly forever
2) players change their minds (see Paul George)

Besides, like others have said, I don't think the Lakers best offer would be all that interesting to NO. Other teams like the Celtics will have better assets to give up. And I do think Ainge would be willing to risk it for a player of AD's caliber.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are early extensions, RFA year isn't until the year following.
I'm aware.

You brought up free agency, not me.

All I said is I wouldn't want a package centered around him for Davis because who knows what Ingram is even worth.

Nola would have to pay him.

But, he's nowhere near worth a max.

If another team offers that, they have to match and he's not worth it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie contracts (only for first round picks) have a guaranteed two years, then two option years. Following the four years, the team can submit a one year qualifying offer to make the player a restricted free agent. If the player accepts the qualifying offer, they will become an unrestricted free agent following their fifth season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is his 3rd year right?

he has 4 years and is than an RFA at the end of 4 years.

You dont get 5 years before restricted free agency

unless I am totally mistaken but i am almost positive its 4 years, and then you are an RFA.
He is getting himself caught up in semantics.

I never mentioned free agency...lol

Contract extension.

My exact words!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the qualifying offer is linked to restricted free agency.

rookie contracts expire after 4 years

after 4 years a team can give a qualifying offer-the qualifying offer MAKES the player a restricted free agent with matching rights to any offer sheet signed by that player.

Instead of signing an offer sheet or an extension the player can take the Qualifying offer and leave via UFA after 5 years

but after 4 years- if a guy is given a QO, is he an RFA- and other teams can bid for his services and force the origina lteam to match the offer sheet.