• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCS has a lot of talent and his rim running/lob catching has helped this team play at the pace they have. That said, his shot blocking and rebounding efforts are bad more often than not and I don't know if the Kings should be giving a big contract to a center who gets abused on the glass. Maybe he can be used in a trade for Otto Porter if the Wizards make him available. This is not the best thing to say after giving up a 20-20 game.
Not him.

I'd pay Vuvecic instead.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Celtics would, but they should.

Because as I have said multiple times, this is a really good core. Maybe even a Finals caliber core. But it isn't a championship core in the super team era. There will always be somebody better.

AD would be the trump card that could put the Celtics over the top and make them a super team.

True. But, if they can put together a trade package good enough to land AD, they can also put together one to land a top FA that will actually re-sign with them.

So, assuming that Klutch would make it clear that AD isn't re-signing, they could have a super team for 2 years...or they could put together a deal to get another top FA and have a super team for longer.

Another interesting thing to consider would be whether or not the Pelicans would be willing to trade him during the season, or make him turn down the supermax.

If I understand the situation correctly, if the Pelicans trade him during the season, then the Celtics have to find a way to move Kyrie. But, if they decide to wait and make AD turn down the supermax, the Celtics can trade for him and keep Kyrie.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road PG with 43, Adams with 20 and 23, Westbrook with 19, 11 and 17. Leading the league in defense, the Thunder are arguably playing their best basketball ever right now. They need a shooter but if they get one look out Warriors, my 42-1 ticket in Vegas is gaining value.
They look really good.

Could we interest you in a
" Gently Used " Gallo?

Y'all already have a 90 million tax bill.

Might as well go all in.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But, if they can put together a trade package good enough to land AD, they can also put together one to land a top FA that will actually re-sign with them.

So, assuming that Klutch would make it clear that AD isn't re-signing, they could have a super team for 2 years...or they could put together a deal to get another top FA and have a super team for longer.

Another interesting thing to consider would be whether or not the Pelicans would be willing to trade him during the season, or make him turn down the supermax.

If I understand the situation correctly, if the Pelicans trade him during the season, then the Celtics have to find a way to move Kyrie. But, if they decide to wait and make AD turn down the supermax, the Celtics can trade for him and keep Kyrie.
Yup.

People who think hiring Klutch is a coincidence are very naive.

Why make the change now?

Why choose Klutch?

It's not a coincidence.

Do I think it's the Lakers or bust?

No.

Do I think that's his preferred destination?

Absolutely.

You can see it on his face that he's tired of losing.

Either NOLA finds a way to make a drastic change, or he's out.

Where he goes is dependent on when he's traded.

Like Kawhi, George....

There will be a surprise team or two that throws their hat into the ring.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you've said here.

Maybe there's a team out there willing to break the bank and gamble.

Maybe there isn't.

But, he would need to be traded during the Season to give the Lakers the edge over Boston.

You have to think that Ingram is the centerpiece of any trade.

I really like him. But, NOLA would be backed into the corner with giving him a extension.

So, Unless Davis excludes them from his list, I think the Celtics will break the bank to try and get him this Summer.

They have better young talent and could possibly have as many as 3 first round picks this year.

That's tough to compete with.
I kind of think he is going to sign a mini extension in New Orleans to be honest...we shall see.

Like a 2+1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not him.

I'd pay Vuvecic instead.
ya know id probably pay vucevic over cousins tbh

an achilees on a big man is no joke, and cousins plays zero d, and doesnt exactly play team ball--- and thats to say nothing of his emotional issues.

i read a report the other day that said cousins is "dragging" his foot.

that aint good.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Kawhi, George....

Turning down those extra millions to leave town becomes pretty hard when that decision is staring you in the face (and you aren't someone like LBJ who has his lifetime Nike etc. deals to cover the shortfall). If the situation you're in is comfortable, why not secure the bag?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

People who think hiring Klutch is a coincidence are very naive.

Why make the change now?

Why choose Klutch?

It's not a coincidence.

Do I think it's the Lakers or bust?

No.

Do I think that's his preferred destination?

Absolutely.

You can see it on his face that he's tired of losing.

Either NOLA finds a way to make a drastic change, or he's out.

Like Kawhi, George....

Yeah, the Klutch thing is the "kicker" for me.

Imo, it could make it pretty close to Lakers or bust.

PG and Kawhi have representation that wasn't beholden to Lebron. Klutch, to an extent, is beholden to Lebron.

Ultimately of course, it will come down to what AD really wants. But it's also not exactly a secret that signing with Klutch is signing with Lebron.

He may ultimately stay in NOLA or go somewhere other than the Lakers, but you know that Klutch is going to hard sell him on the Lakers.

Because of that, a the "he won't re-sign with you" threat may carry more weight coming from Klutch than from other agencies and drive down what teams are willing to offer.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Klutch thing is the "kicker" for me.

Imo, it could make it pretty close to Lakers or bust.

PG and Kawhi have representation that wasn't beholden to Lebron. Klutch, to an extent, is beholden to Lebron.

Ultimately of course, it will come down to what AD really wants. But it's also not exactly a secret that signing with Klutch is signing with Lebron.

He may ultimately stay in NOLA or go somewhere other than the Lakers, but you know that Klutch is going to hard sell him on the Lakers.

Because of that, a the "he won't re-sign with you" threat may carry more weight coming from Klutch than from other agencies and drive down what teams are willing to offer.

Yep, the Klutch thing is the unique part of this whole scenario....PG and Leonard didn't have that.

AD in Los Angeles would be soooooooooooooo awesome.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the Klutch thing is the unique part of this whole scenario....PG and Leonard didn't have that.

AD in Los Angeles would be soooooooooooooo awesome.

Yeah, it would.

End of the day, Klutch is obligated to do what it best for their client over what is best for Lebron. If they want to remain a viable sports agency after Lebron retires, that's how they will handle AD's situation.

But if AD is at all interested in playing for the Lakers, having Klutch certainly doesn't hurt the Lakers chances.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj essentially threw a wet blanket over the "Lebron wants Melo" rumors.

He was on Dan Patrick and said that if Lebron and the Lakers wanted Melo, he would already be on the team.

He said that "it's going to be hard to get Anthony Davis, but it's easy to get Melo. All they have to do is call the Rockets, the Rockets waive Melo and the Lakers pick him up. If he wanted Melo, he'd be in the layup line with him tomorrow night".

He said that Lebron and Melo are friends that he thinks he was just doing Melo a solid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason #3.

I wouldn't want BI.

He has value and he still teases major upside.

But, he's due for a contract extension.

Fuq do you even pay a guy like him?

I'd be afraid of getting stuck with a Wiggins, Otto Porter overpay based on potential.

He's looking more like Harrison Barnes, less like Kevin Durant.

Pass

Assuming his qualifying offer is picked up, Ingram isn't a free agent until the 2021-2022 season.

Brandon Ingram

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean- i dont know anyone that things thee is even a .000001 chance that Davis is moved anytime soon. I would say that there is 0.0 % chance that he is moved before the offseason so the Kyrie thing is really irrelevant

I cant imagine under any circumstances sthat they would deal him before having the opportunity to offer him a supermax this offseason.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning down those extra millions to leave town becomes pretty hard when that decision is staring you in the face (and you aren't someone like LBJ who has his lifetime Nike etc. deals to cover the shortfall). If the situation you're in is comfortable, why not secure the bag?
Not to mention the fact that he missed out on his last Super Max.

This situation is similar to the Westbrook situation in OKC.

All signs pointed to Westbrook leaving.

He even drug the Shit out of his feet when they put that Supermax on the table.

Inevitably, they made moves to pacify him and he signed it.

But, that deal sat there for awhile.

In fairness, Kawhi didn't care one bit about leaving 70 mil on the table

So, we shall see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns are undefeated ever since Greta Rogers ripped Rob Sarver in the city council meeting. 4 game win streak baby!!! Also, Oubre >>>> Ariza

So, they're happy to be moving soon?

The only way Oubre is better than Ariza is that Ariza had no interest in playing for the worst team in the NBA at this point in his career (which begs the question why he signed there in the first place).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming his qualifying offer is picked up, Ingram isn't a free agent until the 2021-2022 season.

Brandon Ingram
what is it in the NBA?

are you an RFA after your third or fourth season?

I think you are an RFA after your 4th season if you are a first round draft pick.

So after next year Ingram will be an RFA.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- i dont know anyone that things thee is even a .000001 chance that Davis is moved anytime soon. I would say that there is 0.0 % chance that he is moved before the offseason so the Kyrie thing is really irrelevant

I cant imagine under any circumstances sthat they would deal him before having the opportunity to offer him a supermax this offseason.
I wouldn't say 0% chance that he's moved this year.

But, I would be comfortable betting half my savings that it won't happen.

Until he turns down the Supermax, he will remain in NOLA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say 0% that he's moved this year.

But, I would be comfortable betting half my savings that it won't happen.

Until he turns down the Supermax, he will remain in NOLA.
id say there is a smidgeon of a chance that he is moved this summer but i cannot see under any circumstances that he is moved before the trade deadline

they will want to offer him teh supermax this offseason and see his response before they even entertain a deal.