• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers want AD
they will end up over paying Boogie Cousins
If the Wiz blow it up, Beal.

But, if its a straight free agent signing?

Middleton, Kemba, Boogie, Vuvecic.

I would have listed Kanter.

But, LeBron hates him.

He got over the Lance thing.

So, maybe...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lonzo is Slightly better.

Better rebounder, better court vision.

But, similar numbers.

They'd be redundant on the same roster.

Lonzo is 21 and Elfrid 24.

So, both can still get better.
i totally agree

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCS has a lot of talent and his rim running/lob catching has helped this team play at the pace they have. That said, his shot blocking and rebounding efforts are bad more often than not and I don't know if the Kings should be giving a big contract to a center who gets abused on the glass. Maybe he can be used in a trade for Otto Porter if the Wizards make him available. This is not the best thing to say after giving up a 20-20 game.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns are undefeated ever since Greta Rogers ripped Rob Sarver in the city council meeting. 4 game win streak baby!!! Also, Oubre >>>> Ariza

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road PG with 43, Adams with 20 and 23, Westbrook with 19, 11 and 17. Leading the league in defense, the Thunder are arguably playing their best basketball ever right now. They need a shooter but if they get one look out Warriors, my 42-1 ticket in Vegas is gaining value.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is playing on a team that's made the playoffs four of the last five years and hasn't had a losing record since 2012. The Chiefs had as many wins last season as the Browns had in the last 4 combined.

That's like saying Darko was better than Lebron because the Pistons put some whoopins on the Cavs in 03-04.

No it isn't like that at all.

Pat Mahomes should be the NFL MVP this year. He probably won't get it because Brees will earn the lifetime achievement award.

Mayfield has been good for a rookie. But Mahomes has been flat out great. There is no comparison here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying a team can't turn things around? Interesting. How did the Saints & the Bucs each win a S.B. then?

Teams can absolutely turn it around in the NFL when they are well managed.

But that has always been the issue for the Browns. Same as my Redskins. Even when you finally get a good personnel guy in there, shitty owners have a way of doing shitty things to impede growth and cripple the future of the organization.

So, Baker will probably lead the Browns to the playoffs at some point. Maybe even next year.

But I am betting against them ever being a champion for the same reason I bet against my Redskins. Crappy ownership.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is going to have to straight out say, I'm going to the Lakers.

Even then, Teams could roll the dice because they have him for a year, minimum and can try to change his mind.

* See Kawhi, George, Kyrie

The one difference between AD, PG and Kawhi (assuming he stays in Toronto), is that AD is a Klutch client.

As you've pointed out in the past, there really doesn't seem to be much reason for that change other than getting teamed up with Lebron.

The Lakers can put together a nice package, but the Celtics can put together a better one. There are probably a couple of other teams that can too, but the rumors seem to have settled on the Lakers and Celtics.

The questions would be...Would the Pelicans do AD a "solid" and take a lesser deal from the Lakers to send him where he wants to go (similar to the T-Wolves sending KG to Boston)?

Or, if Klutch makes it clear that AD won't re-sign, will the Celtics still be willing to outbid the Lakers for a 2 year rental?

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one difference between AD, PG and Kawhi (assuming he stays in Toronto), is that AD is a Klutch client.

The Lakers can put together a nice package, but the Celtics can put together a better one. There are probably a couple of other teams that can too, but the rumors seem to have settled on the Lakers and Celtics.

The questions would be...Would the Pelicans do AD a "solid" and take a lesser deal from the Lakers to send him where he wants to go (similar to the T-Wolves sending KG to Boston)?

Or, if Klutch makes it clear that AD won't re-sign, will the Celtics still be willing to outbid the Lakers for a 2 year rental?

BOOM.

That's what it comes down to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As you've pointed out in the past, there really doesn't seem to be much reason for that change other than getting teamed up with Lebron.

I don't know if the Celtics would, but they should.

Because as I have said multiple times, this is a really good core. Maybe even a Finals caliber core. But it isn't a championship core in the super team era. There will always be somebody better.

AD would be the trump card that could put the Celtics over the top and make them a super team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with everything you've said here.

Maybe there's a team out there willing to break the bank and gamble.

Maybe there isn't.

But, he would need to be traded during the Season to give the Lakers the edge over Boston.

You have to think that Ingram is the centerpiece of any trade.

I really like him. But, NOLA would be backed into the corner with giving him a extension.

So, Unless Davis excludes them from his list, I think the Celtics will break the bank to try and get him this Summer.

They have better young talent and could possibly have as many as 3 first round picks this year.

That's tough to compete with.