• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he paid a lot of money to some very mediocre basketball players.

Sure every team has bad contracts, Cleveland had a lot they are still paying but they are also getting some off the books or trying. Most of those contracts were key players in a championship though.

This is their last year paying for Bosh, so that should help a lot but still...

upload_2018-12-19_14-5-53.png

Those 3 are hurting them. Dragic is ok in my book, he is a very good player. Olynyk is ok, but $12 mil isn't a bad contract in the market. JRich is a great contract and Waiters I can live with if he ever sees the floor, (if he doesn't it is obviously another bad one to add to the list).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it sure does rustle your jimmies. You are just compelled, totally under some kind of absolute compunction to comment.

Jimmie%2BRustle.jpg
Hmm, if compunction to comment = rustled jimmies then you might not want to remind us considering your own proclivities.

Also, one of us is known for getting so rustled that they melt down with a long crying jag post and then disappear for a few weeks.

Spoiler alert: it's you

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to disagree on how Kobe would've played his career out.

Based on what we know about Kobe and his competitive side, coupled with his strive for perfection, I think he would've continued to play defense if he hadn't been hurt. I don't think he would've wanted to be remembered as not competing on the defensive end as long as he was capable.

It's not a matter of whether or not they want to. Lebron doesn't want to be resting on defense. They simply don't have a choice.

What Kobe wanted, was to win, and they still have to be able to outscore the other team to do that.

So Kobe would have conserved energy for the end of the floor where he can most impact his teams chances and that's on offense.

Also, "pacing themselves" or "resting" on defense isn't only about offense. It's also about having the energy to step up their play on both ends of the floor at the end of games and in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dunno about that....its a mediocre expensive team with ltitle ot no flexibility. there "best" player jrich is shooting barely over 40%...Dragic is getting older...Whiteside is shooting an awful 52%.....

i just dont see that much talent on this team.

Bam, Winslow and JRich are the only pieces that would excite me as a fan and its not like any 3 of them are world beaters.

johnson, johnson, waiters, whiteside, olnyk, are all overpaid and mediocre. wade is mediocre/washed.

ellington has some value since hes a knock down shooter.

Other than being about the Heat. None of this has anything to do with what I posted.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, if compunction to comment = rustled jimmies then you might not want to remind us considering your own proclivities.

Also, one of us is known for getting so rustled that they melt down with a long crying jag post and then disappear for a few weeks.

Hmm, evidence seems to stack against the lawyer... :dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure every team has bad contracts, Cleveland had a lot they are still paying but they are also getting some off the books or trying. Most of those contracts were key players in a championship though.

View attachment 193517

Those 3 are hurting them. Dragic is ok in my book, he is a very good player. Olynyk is ok, but $12 mil isn't a bad contract in the market. JRich is a great contract and Waiters I can live with if he ever sees the floor, (if he doesn't it is obviously another bad one to add to the list).
i believe that is the hoopsyhype chart and it sucks

use spotrac

its awesome

its accurate and its updated almost to the hour.

bosh, becuase of the new cba has not been *off their cap in a while.

there issues are that they are paying Whiteside 27M next year, Johnson 19M next year, James Johnson 15M next year, Olnyk 12M next year and Waiters 12M next year etc.....Dragic has a 19M dollar player option that will be interesting to see if he picks up. Whatever- I mean- just Whitside/TJohnson and JJohnson alone are making 62M next year

Even the following year they have some pretty significant commitments

for the 2020/2021 season the Heat are already commited to:

-James Johnson for 16M (unless he opts out which there is no chance in fuck)
-Olnyk for 12M (ehhh doubt he opts out of that but i suppose there is a chance)
-Winslow for 13M (which isnt terrible- could be good if he continues to develop)
-Waiters for 13M
-Richardson for 11M (which is pretty damn good)
-Adebayo will be due a raise from his 5M

those 6 guys alone- for not NEXT year, but the FOLLOWING year, total 70M and thats without Bam's probably raise.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs next year have some big time commitments- esp. after trading for Delly and Henson....but the following year its EXTREMELY clean book wise.

For 2020/2021 the only commitments the Cavs have are:

-Love for 31M
-Nance for 11M
-Sexton for 5M

The Cavs have the following expiring contracts next year:

Thompson 18M
Delly 10M
Henson 9M
Clarkson 13M
Osman 3M

Thats interesting--- those guys will all have some value to contenders both as expiring deals and as guys taht could help playoff runs. If they roll those expirings over for long term bad money they can really start to stack picks very quickly.

itll be interesting to see what they do. Id be in favor or bringing back Thompson on a new deal thats more reasonable, Osman on a new deal, and maybe even Delly and Clarkson too

but who knows- thats a long way away.

They still have a lot of work to do this season with the contracts of Burks, Jr, Hood etc. to try and get some more picks

like i said- id take back Solomon Hill from the Pelicans and Brandon Knight from the Rockets and send them wing help of JR, Hood, Burks for some picks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting rumor on Cowherd today.

They said there's a rumor that the Rockets are very interested in KCP. Didn't say what the Lakers would be getting back though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting rumor on Cowherd today.

They said there's a rumor that the Rockets are very interested in KCP. Didn't say what the Lakers would be getting back though.
yah i saw that as well

the problem is they want to get rid of Knight- which the Lakers absolutely cannot take back.

There would have to be a 3rd team that takes knights deal off of the Rockets and KCP gets re-routed to Houston. And you are right- what would the Lakers gets?

its why this deal just does not make a lot of sense.

Rockets really dont have anyone they can give away contract wise to match besides Knight.

It would have ot be something like--- the Rockets get KCP, the Cavs get a 1st rounder from the Rockets and knight, and the Lakers get Alex Burks or something like that-- just an example.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of whether or not they want to. Lebron doesn't want to be resting on defense. They simply don't have a choice.

What Kobe wanted, was to win, and they still have to be able to outscore the other team to do that.

So Kobe would have conserved energy for the end of the floor where he can most impact his teams chances and that's on offense.

Also, "pacing themselves" or "resting" on defense isn't only about offense. It's also about having the energy to step up their play on both ends of the floor at the end of games and in the playoffs.
This isn't the only way to get it done- so again I disagree. Games can be won on the defensive end as well.

As early as LBJ stopped playing defense he still had a choice IMO. Especially when we consider how much everyone thinks he's the "king". Kobe on the other didn't have a choice due to his injuries.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A troll trolling a troll...too funny

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow some way the Lakers get AD......I'll go ape shit.....

I realize it's not 100% totally realistic.....but there's a chance.

Just saying.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 193517

Good God who the fuck signed James Johnson to that deal

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A troll trolling a troll...too funny
Not only that, a master troll trying to teach a weak one how to step up his game. But does he thank me? Nooooooo.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw the kitchen sink at the Pelicans......don't risk it getting to July 1st, 2019.....