• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be an interesting situation for the Celtics. Does Kyrie stay or not?
the one big problem for the Suns payroll is the 21M owed to Anderson next year.

if they could get off of that somehow it would really open up thigns for them.

Ill suggest a homerstic trade with the Cavs.

the Cavs take back Anderson's contract, and if the Suns want- Warren's contract as well- lets say the Suns want that and to get rid of Warren's K as well as Anderson's to open up about 33M in cap space.

The CAvs send Jr Smith 15M, Burks and Henson. Jr is of course only guaranteed 3.5M next year, Burks is 11M expiring, and Henson makes 9M next year, but would actually be a decent rotation piece for the Suns front court next to Ayton. Or, if they would rather have the cap room, swap Hood for Henson.

The Cavs get the right to swap picks with the Suns this year--- which, depending on the lotto- may not even be something they WANT to do, and then get the Suns first round pick top 5 protected NEXT year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched him play pretty damn good in the playoffs last year- and it was his first year as a full time player for hte most part....id give the dude 16-18M and be my starter.

Rozier could turn into a pretty good PG. But he's never going to be an all-star PG.

To be clear, Rozier may be the better option because Wall comes with a ton of baggage, which is why the Wiz would trade him. But from a pure talent perspective there is a huge gulf between the two.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like that, only at 2x the salary. Cousins was on a $65M 4 year contract going into it's final season. Trading for Wall now is taking on that entire extension at silly money.

Sure.

But they would also be getting him for almost nothing. Because of the contract.

Then again, that is the point. The Suns have cap space and need a point guard.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were to make that trade, which they probably won't, it won't happen until near the trade deadline. The Suns will be locked into a bottom 4 team by then.
Wall isn't going anywhere this year...imo

The Wiz have to give him almost 20 mil in a trade kicker, up front, if they trade him before his max extension kicks in.

Why in God's name would they do that when he's only making that much for the entire year?

Honestly, I have the Raps as a dark horse destination next year.

They have to be sick of Lowry's Shit and Wall can't walk if he's unhappy.

Still, this trade fantasy is problematic if Kawhi stays.

Wall pounds the ball too much.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier could turn into a pretty good PG. But he's never going to be an all-star PG.

To be clear, Rozier may be the better option because Wall comes with a ton of baggage, which is why the Wiz would trade him. But from a pure talent perspective there is a huge gulf between the two.
Dimwiddie, Rozier, Wall.....in that order.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lets just say this:

Suns get: Jr Smith, Alex Burks, Rodney Hood

Cavs get: Ryan Anderson, TJ Warren, right to swap picks in 2019 draft, and 1st round pick in the 2020 draft with some kind of protection.

Suns clear about 32M in payroll next year and about 46m in total guarantees- and the pick swap may not even happen because of the lotto odds

Suns then have a BOATLOAD of cap space, and could EASILY sign Rozier AND another big time player and off they go- and still have AT LEAST a top 6 pick this year probably AT LEAST top 4

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda hope the Wiz stay in the hunt for the playoffs so they dont do what they should do- sell it all off and bottom out and start over.

Its funny watching that dumpster fire of an organization consistently do nothing of consequence.

The worst place in the NBA to be is in the middle and it seems the Wiz strive to be in the middle.

John Wall's 4 year contract starts next year and its for 170M dollars.

Wall will be 29 years old when next season starts. He will make:

38M in his age 29 season;

41M in his age 30 season;

44M in his age 31 season; and

46M in his age 32 season.

I have been saying this for over 20 years.

The Wizards just want to contend for a playoff spot. It is a miserable franchise goal. But it has been that way since the 80s.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca is a former Clipps fan and she's even admitted the Lakers WILL NEVER be the 2nd best team in Staples Center.

Why do you include me in this nonsense?

Former Clippers fan?

Change the station Dj.

I'm not sure what has you confused.

I break up with the Clippers every year for 5 mins.

I always come back.

#Stockholm syndrome.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lets just say this:

Cavs get: Ryan Anderson, TJ Warren, right to swap picks in 2019 draft, and 1st round pick in the 2020 draft with some kind of protection.

Suns clear about 32M in payroll next year and about 46m in total guarantees- and the pick swap may not even happen because of the lotto odds

What would the Suns do with that money? No star players are signing there next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying this for over 20 years.

The Wizards just want to contend for a playoff spot. It is a miserable franchise goal. But it has been that way since the 80s.

It's such a bizarre approach. Is the owner that scared of dipping attendance numbers?

IMO, I think Wizards fans would EMBRACE tankapalooza for a couple of years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the Suns do with that money? No star players are signing there next year.
if they did that deal the only players they would have under contract would be:

Ayton- 10M
Jackson- 7M
Booker- 27M
Bridges- 4M
Okobo- 1.5M
Melton- 1.5M

they could easily go out and sign Rozier and say, Al Horford who would be a great compliment to Ayton and provide some leadership and they would still have a likely top 5 pick. If they didnt like Horford go sign Middleton....something like that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall isn't going anywhere this year...imo

The Wiz have to give him almost 20 mil in a trade kicker, up front, if they trade him before his max extension kicks in.

Why in God's name would they do that when he's only making that much for the entire year?

Honestly, I have the Raps as a dark horse destination next year.

They have to be sick of Lowry's Shit and Wall can't walk if he's unhappy.

Still, this trade fantasy is problematic if Kawhi stays.

Wall pounds the ball too much.

Because the prospect of paying him almost $50 million in 2023 is potentially a lot worse.

In 2 years this could be a Luol Deng level toxic contract. Now is the time to move him, trade kicker or no.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you keep saying this Shit.

You called me a former Clippers fan weeks ago and I told you then that you were on sherm.

Thought it was after the Sterling fiasco.....my bad.

Must be getting short term memory loss....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is so good.

He really is. It'll be interesting to see if he has reached his ceiling or not. I thought he hit it last year. I was wrong.

All of the young guys have embraced Lebron being there and are trying to learn from him. But none of them more than Kuz. He has, by far, done the best job of adjusting to fit next to Lebron. I guess he's pretty much been following Lebron around like a puppy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lets just say this:

Suns then have a BOATLOAD of cap space, and could EASILY sign Rozier AND another big time player and off they go- and still have AT LEAST a top 6 pick this year probably AT LEAST top 4
Why would the Suns do this when nobody is coming to sign there?

I could see them going after guys like Dinwiddie.

But, why add a 40 mil guy like Wall to infect your already disheveled locker room with his petulance?

Why add a guy like Jr. when you have 5 young wings that he'd be taking minutes from?

Why add Hood when he's a walking injury who is up for a extension?

They have no need for a salary dump when there isn't anyone to sign.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they did that deal the only players they would have under contract would be:

Ayton- 10M
Jackson- 7M
Booker- 27M
Bridges- 4M
Okobo- 1.5M
Melton- 1.5M

they could easily go out and sign Rozier and say, Al Horford who would be a great compliment to Ayton and provide some leadership and they would still have a likely top 5 pick. If they didnt like Horford go sign Middleton....something like that.

Why in the world would Middleton go to Phoenix? Middleton is going to get offers from a bunch of teams including the Bucks.

Heck, I doubt Rozier would sign with them.

Horford might because he's on the cusp of being washed. He would take a last payday that contenders wouldn't give him.

Lots of bottom feeders have tons of cap space that they can't use.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lets just say this:

The 2019 pick swap would be a non-starter for me.

Because as of now, it looks like there are 3 potential franchise cornerstone type players in the class. Any deal that would reduce the possibilty of landing one of those players or impacts Phoenix's ability to choose between them is a bad deal, IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would Middleton go to Phoenix? Middleton is going to get offers from a bunch of teams including the Bucks.

Heck, I doubt Rozier would sign with them.

Horford might because he's on the cusp of being washed. He would take a last payday that contenders wouldn't give him.

Lots of bottom feeders have tons of cap space that they can't use.
in that case trade them Kevin Love and take back Anderson's bad deal! he will only make 30M and has a game that has never been based on ahtleticism....nice floor stretcher for Ayton, rebounder and ball mover...etc.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is. It'll be interesting to see if he has reached his ceiling or not. I thought he hit it last year. I was wrong.

All of the young guys have embraced Lebron being there and are trying to learn from him. But none of them more than Kuz. He has, by far, done the best job of adjusting to fit next to Lebron. I guess he's pretty much been following Lebron around like a puppy.

This.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was after the Sterling fiasco.....my bad.

Must be getting short term memory loss....
That was years ago on Fannation.

I have clearly rooted for the Clippers while we have been on this site.

You must have a chronic case of the itis and it's affecting your memory....lol

#OverEater