• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2019 pick swap would be a non-starter for me.

Because as of now, it looks like there are 3 potential franchise cornerstone type players in the class. Any deal that would reduce the possibilty of landing one of those players or impacts Phoenix's ability to choose between them is a bad deal, IMO.
i mean, moving down AT MOST - 3-4 spots does not seem prohibitive eto clear 46M in guarantees....

but we shall see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what a bunch of dumb asses....for some reason this seems to me like how actors think they know a bunch about politics just because they are famous---- a lot of NBA baskebtall players think they are actually really smart deep thinkers because they play basketball---- which i mean-- just makes no fucking sense.

if Steph Curry couldn't shoot a 3 what would he be doing? I wonder.

I've never understood that. If anything, they are likely less informed because in order to reach that level, you have to focus on it to the exclusion of almost anything else.

Can't blame it 100% on them though. A lot of people seem to buy into the idea that being a celebrity somehow makes them smarter about everything else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Suns do this when nobody is coming to sign there?

I could see them going after guys like Dinwiddie.

But, why add a 40 mil guy like Wall to infect your already disheveled locker room with his petulance?

Why add a guy like Jr. when you have 5 young wings that he'd be taking minutes from?

Why add Hood when he's a walking injury who is up for a extension?

They have no need for a salary dump when there isn't anyone to sign.
plus i dont necesarily think "no one is signing there".....a lot of young talent, phoenix is not a bad place to live....i mean, id rather sign there than Milwaukee.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was years ago on Fannation.

I have clearly rooted for the Clippers while we have been on this site.

You must have a chronic case of the itis and it's affecting your memory....lol

#OverEater

I don't eat breakfast, only coffee.....just lunch and dinner.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Suns do this when nobody is coming to sign there?

I could see them going after guys like Dinwiddie.

But, why add a 40 mil guy like Wall to infect your already disheveled locker room with his petulance?

Why add a guy like Jr. when you have 5 young wings that he'd be taking minutes from?

Why add Hood when he's a walking injury who is up for a extension?

They have no need for a salary dump when there isn't anyone to sign.

I don't think they should don't this, they should trade for Wall.

And trust me. I am not biased on this at all. Wall will be great for the locker room!

Seriously though, it would be the best way for Phoenix to get both an all star level player in trade and still land that top 3 pick.

Because you know Wall would find a way to be miss games shortly after arriving.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geezus...how many young pieces does that team need?

Booker, Jackson, Ayton, Bridges, Warren.....

At least one more, especially when you're in line for one of (if not the pick of) the Duke threesome.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, moving down AT MOST - 3-4 spots does not seem prohibitive eto clear 46M in guarantees....

but we shall see.

It is when the class has 3 potentially elite players and not much depth.

But you know that and that is why you included it. Because it serves Cleveland.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what team has the most wins in the last 30 days?

Its the Lakers with 12.
(6ers, Clips, and Mavs have 11. Raps and Thunder have 10.)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were to make that trade, which they probably won't, it won't happen until near the trade deadline. The Suns will be locked into a bottom 4 team by then.

Bottom four in a 3 player draft (at least to my knowledge so far) still scares me a bit.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in that case trade them Kevin Love and take back Anderson's bad deal! he will only make 30M and has a game that has never been based on ahtleticism....nice floor stretcher for Ayton, rebounder and ball mover...etc.

Kevin Love has to start playing before anyone would even think about trading for him. His injury risk really hurts his value.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really gotta stop using this lame ass excuse anytime a team who isn't a title contender play with the lakers

Agree. The Lakers didn't "play down" to anything. The Heat may not be the most talented team in the league, but I don't think there's a team that plays harder every single game than they do.

Add to that the fact that Lebron and D-Wade were 15-15 playing against each other and it's the last time they'd ever face each other...you know the Heat wanted to get him those lifetime bragging rights.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going round and round about KCP, but the answer is really simple.

Phoenix needs a point guard. Devin Booker is not a primary ball handler. Getting a player capable of running an offense would go a long way toward helping Booker and Ayton develop.

Problem is, almost all of the non-mediocre PGs out there are either already on contending teams, or young players unlikely to be dealt for a veteran by a rebuilder.

All except 1. John Wall.

It would be a gamble for sure, and the contract sucks, but because of the bargain basement cost, it could be exactly what the Suns need.

Ariza + Troy Daniels and a future pick (not this year's and with some protections) for John Wall

The Suns can then rest him and Booker enough to lock up a bottom 3 seed, then head into next season with a lineup of:

Wall, Booker, Bridges, Zion/Barret/Reddish, and Ayton

With TJ Warren, Josh Jackson plus whatever vets they can sign for leadership purposes coming off the bench. Not too shabby.

Wouldn't the Wiz be looking for something better than a future protected 1st for Wall?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Walton is a shitty coach if the Lakers are playing down to their competition as often as you guys claim they are....25+ games into a season with basically a brand new roster still learning how to win.

Who exactly are "you guys"?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these Phoenix trade scenarios really depend on 2 things:

1) how dumb is Robert Sarver?
2) how desperate is he to win by next season?

?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one big problem for the Suns payroll is the 21M owed to Anderson next year.

if they could get off of that somehow it would really open up thigns for them.

Ill suggest a homerstic trade with the Cavs.

the Cavs take back Anderson's contract, and if the Suns want- Warren's contract as well- lets say the Suns want that and to get rid of Warren's K as well as Anderson's to open up about 33M in cap space.

The CAvs send Jr Smith 15M, Burks and Henson. Jr is of course only guaranteed 3.5M next year, Burks is 11M expiring, and Henson makes 9M next year, but would actually be a decent rotation piece for the Suns front court next to Ayton. Or, if they would rather have the cap room, swap Hood for Henson.

The Cavs get the right to swap picks with the Suns this year--- which, depending on the lotto- may not even be something they WANT to do, and then get the Suns first round pick top 5 protected NEXT year.

You were right, homeristic. Doubtful the Suns will want to risk losing their draft position.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom four in a 3 player draft (at least to my knowledge so far) still scares me a bit.

The odds for the worst team to get the No. 1 pick are 14%.
The odds for the 4th worst team to get the No. 1 pick are 12.5%

The odds of the worst team getting a top 3 pick are 40%
The odds of the 4th worst team getting a top 3 pick are 37%

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really gotta stop using this lame ass excuse anytime a team who isn't a title contender play with the lakers

Agreed, but I also think there are only 4 teams bad enough not to be able to hang around with any team on any given night.

Suns, Bulls, Cavs, Hawks. Everyone else is solid and a win is a win to be proud of regardless of how close the game is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood that. If anything, they are likely less informed because in order to reach that level, you have to focus on it to the exclusion of almost anything else.

Can't blame it 100% on them though. A lot of people seem to buy into the idea that being a celebrity somehow makes them smarter about everything else.

People love conspiracy theories to try to act smarter than the "mindless masses" that simply accept what they are told. Of course, they usually turn out to be absolute bunk. People think it looks fake because they don't know how to interpret seeing a lower gravity environment for the first time.