• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be very surprised if the Heat don't make the playoffs. I actually think the Wizards are still a playoff team.

The Magic's carriage will be turning into a pumpkin in 2019. The Pistons are just waiting for the inevitable Griffin injury.
Magic, Clippers, Griz are my pumpkin picks.

I don't care if Lou Williams got hurt.

If you need every second of Overtime to beat the fucking Suns, you are a Shit team.

I'm actually fine with not making the playoffs again this year because I don't want the Celtics to get our pick.

Bring on the ping pong balls.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-houston-kicking-tires-j-014114147.html

Report: Houston kicking tires on J.R. Smith trade with Cavaliers

If the Rockets are really dumb enough to trade for JR Smith- and give the CAvs are a first round pick for taking back Knight- id be down with it

i was kinda hoping theyd save Smith's contract for the offseason where it has the most value---- but if shit- they can get rid of him and get some value and just move on- that would be fine. Especially because i didnt htink there was ANY way anyone would actually want Smith as a player, which it sounds like the Rockets might--- plus- the Rockets pick might not even be that bad.

itll be interesting to see.

They can't keep him around that long; he wants out and will be a negative influence the longer he sticks around.

Man, are the Rockets desperate. That Knight contract isn't great, but it's only for one more year if the Cavs choose to take it on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't keep him around that long; he wants out and will be a negative influence the longer he sticks around.

Man, are the Rockets desperate. That Knight contract isn't great, but it's only for one more year if the Cavs choose to take it on.
well Smith has been away for the team for a while now.....they agreed to "part ways" but he is obviously still on the payroll because of the strucuture of his contract...for all intents and purposes he is gone from the Cavs organization. I am just surprised a team would wnat him for anything more than his contract to get rido f bad long term money

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be very surprised if the Heat don't make the playoffs. I actually think the Wizards are still a playoff team.

The Magic's carriage will be turning into a pumpkin in 2019. The Pistons are just waiting for the inevitable Griffin injury.
i kinda hope the Wiz stay in the hunt for the playoffs so they dont do what they should do- sell it all off and bottom out and start over.

Its funny watching that dumpster fire of an organization consistently do nothing of consequence.

The worst place in the NBA to be is in the middle and it seems the Wiz strive to be in the middle.

John Wall's 4 year contract starts next year and its for 170M dollars.

Wall will be 29 years old when next season starts. He will make:

38M in his age 29 season;

41M in his age 30 season;

44M in his age 31 season; and

46M in his age 32 season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if i were the Cavs id even throw in Hood's 4M dollar contract and try and get a more valuable assest or two.....

Hood and Smith for Knights deal......Hood would actually help them a fair amount.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you need every second of Overtime to beat the fucking Suns, you are a Shit team.

I'm actually fine with not making the playoffs again this year because I don't want the Celtics to get our pick.

Thought you abandoned the Clipps for the new hometown Suns? I'm so confused.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda hope the Wiz stay in the hunt for the playoffs so they dont do what they should do- sell it all off and bottom out and start over.

Its funny watching that dumpster fire of an organization consistently do nothing of consequence.

The worst place in the NBA to be is in the middle and it seems the Wiz strive to be in the middle.

John Wall's 4 year contract starts next year and its for 170M dollars.

Wall will be 29 years old when next season starts. He will make:

38M in his age 29 season;

41M in his age 30 season;

44M in his age 31 season; and

46M in his age 32 season.

Yep, and I can't see why the Suns would want to take that on. There has to be another PG to pursue.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and I can't see why the Suns would want to take that on. There has to be another PG to pursue.

The Suns could make sense because they are unlikely to get a star level player via FA. Not sure if Booker and Wall could co-exist together though.

But, IMO, if I felt that they could co-exist, that would be a bold move to bring the Suns to relevance.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clipps need to re-sign Harris.....he's an under-rated player.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
esp. since Ayton and Booker will be up for deals before that deal has expired which would seriously handcuff them from resigning those guys.

The Suns would essentially sacrifice any flexibility they would ahve by taking Wall's deal.

Wall has not been the healthiest of guys either- and his game definitely is reliant on his athleticism---- he is not a great shooter by any means.

If his athleticism starts to go- he could go downhill quick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns could make sense because they are unlikely to get a star level player via FA. Not sure if Booker and Wall could co-exist together though.

But, IMO, if I felt that they could co-exist, that would be a bold move to bring the Suns to relevance.
the Suns could get in a spot where they could sign Rozier in the offseason. They have the assets to move contracts if they were motivated to do so.

id rather have a 25 year old Rozier making like say...18M a year....bya LONG Shot.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose's resurgence continues.....another 20-plus point game.

Wonder which team gives him a 2-3 year deal and overpays him.....????

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can't chance winning games this year though. They need one more young piece.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Suns could get in a spot where they could sign Rozier in the offseason. They have the assets to move contracts if they were motivated to do so.

id rather have a 25 year old Rozier making like say...18M a year....bya LONG Shot.

That's going to be an interesting situation for the Celtics. Does Kyrie stay or not?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Wall fan but he is dramatically better than Rozier. Rozier is not, IMO, a playoff PG.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't chance winning games this year though. They need one more young piece.

If they were to make that trade, which they probably won't, it won't happen until near the trade deadline. The Suns will be locked into a bottom 4 team by then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Wall fan but he is dramatically better than Rozier. Rozier is not, IMO, a playoff PG.
i watched him play pretty damn good in the playoffs last year- and it was his first year as a full time player for hte most part....id give the dude 16-18M and be my starter.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you abandoned the Clipps for the new hometown Suns? I'm so confused.
I'm not sure why you keep saying this Shit.

You called me a former Clippers fan weeks ago and I told you then that you were on sherm.