• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic's NBA Power Rankings: Here comes LeBron and the...

this kinda confirms how i was saying that hte suns are just trashola-- the Waiters part is kinda funny too:

I would honestly be shocked if the Phoenix Suns move up from the 30th spot in the Power Rankings at any point the rest of the season. They’d have to win at least five games in a row for the committee to move them up. This isn’t because of any possible bias other than this team stinks aggressively. When Devin Booker doesn’t play, this team is utter garbage and completely unwatchable. When Devin Booker does play, they’re still garbage but at least they’re mildly watchable. The Suns get outscored by 4.9 points per 100 possessions when Booker is on the floor. Take him off the floor and opponents outscore the Suns by 16.8 points per 100 possessions. In the seven games he’s missed this season, they lost by 128 total points.

I’m still worried about the quality of usage he endures trying to carry this team. His usage rate is nearly identical to last season, but asking him to be more of a playmaker now means he takes a lower quality of 3-point shots. This has caused his 3-point percentage to plummet to 31.7 percent this season, largely due to how he’s performing on pull-up 3s. Of his 144 3-point attempts, 85 of them off come off the dribble. When he takes a catch-and-shoot 3-pointer, he knocks down 41.1 percent of them. That’s what you’d expect from such a good shooter. On those 85 pull-up 3-pointers, he’s made just 24.7 percent. That’s what you’d expect out of an overweight, one ankle’d Dion Waiters. Get this guy a second playmaker and allow someone to set him up from time to time.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wade with the kobe fadeaway

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt the Heat make the playoffs with this team at this point.

I duno- maybe they will be better than the MAgic over hte course of the season- but maybe not

When did the Detroit Pistons and Charlotte Hornets become eastern conference power house that are some lock to make the playoffs?

Seeds 6-8 in the East are very much up for grab and if the Heat continue to play like they have over the past 10+ days or so, I'm sure they will find a way to sneak in

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Grunfeld does.

No, of course not.

But it is a chance for them to get an allstar caliber PG. it would be a bit like the Pelicans dealing for Cousins last year. MAYbe it works, maybe it doesn't.

If Sarver is serious about building a winner in short order, that would be his best opportunity.

Kinda like that, only at 2x the salary. Cousins was on a $65M 4 year contract going into it's final season. Trading for Wall now is taking on that entire extension at silly money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-houston-kicking-tires-j-014114147.html

Report: Houston kicking tires on J.R. Smith trade with Cavaliers

If the Rockets are really dumb enough to trade for JR Smith- and give the CAvs are a first round pick for taking back Knight- id be down with it

i was kinda hoping theyd save Smith's contract for the offseason where it has the most value---- but if shit- they can get rid of him and get some value and just move on- that would be fine. Especially because i didnt htink there was ANY way anyone would actually want Smith as a player, which it sounds like the Rockets might--- plus- the Rockets pick might not even be that bad.

itll be interesting to see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephe...-landing-faked-just-case-cared-191033955.html

Stephen Curry is pretty sure the moon landing was faked, just in case you cared

is Curry really this fucking stupid? I hope not- but for shitsake- this is Kyrie level stupid.

“We ever been to the moon?” When everyone in the room responded in the negative, Curry agreed: “I don’t think so, either.” Cohost Annie Finberg asked if Curry was being serious, and Curry confirmed he was.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the Detroit Pistons and Charlotte Hornets become eastern conference power house that are some lock to make the playoffs?

Seeds 6-8 in the East are very much up for grab and if the Heat continue to play like they have over the past 10+ days or so, I'm sure they will find a way to sneak in

I will be very surprised if the Heat don't make the playoffs. I actually think the Wizards are still a playoff team.

The Magic's carriage will be turning into a pumpkin in 2019. The Pistons are just waiting for the inevitable Griffin injury.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephe...-landing-faked-just-case-cared-191033955.html

Stephen Curry is pretty sure the moon landing was faked, just in case you cared

is Curry really this fucking stupid? I hope not- but for shitsake- this is Kyrie level stupid.

“We ever been to the moon?” When everyone in the room responded in the negative, Curry agreed: “I don’t think so, either.” Cohost Annie Finberg asked if Curry was being serious, and Curry confirmed he was.

I couldn't care less about Curry's beliefs but that link has a video from one of my favorite YouTubers. JP Sears.

First his fake moon landing video is awesome..

But his other videos are awesome..

and

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up 96-90 and Lakers go on a 18-9 run to end it.....but the Heat were outmanned and on the road...not a bad effort, but kind of gagged it too.

Outmanned yet had a lead. So, was their opponent playing down to their level would you say?

:trash:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 6 point lead is absolutely nothing in this NBA.

To say they gagged because they had a 6 point lead with about half of the 4th to go is such a ridiculous statement.

A 6 point game is literally a 2 possession game.

You can't possibly be this stupid.

(thinks bks didn't look at who he was responding to)

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 6 point lead is absolutely nothing in this NBA.

To say they gagged because they had a 6 point lead with about half of the 4th to go is such a ridiculous statement.

A 6 point game is literally a 2 possession game.

You can't possibly be this stupid.

You challenged Wiggy? He's going to tell you to hold his coffee now.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-houston-kicking-tires-j-014114147.html

Report: Houston kicking tires on J.R. Smith trade with Cavaliers

If the Rockets are really dumb enough to trade for JR Smith- and give the CAvs are a first round pick for taking back Knight- id be down with it

i was kinda hoping theyd save Smith's contract for the offseason where it has the most value---- but if shit- they can get rid of him and get some value and just move on- that would be fine. Especially because i didnt htink there was ANY way anyone would actually want Smith as a player, which it sounds like the Rockets might--- plus- the Rockets pick might not even be that bad.

itll be interesting to see.

"While there is some logic to this, we are a long way from it being a reality. Smith does not exactly have a positive trade value, at least as a player right now."