• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we shall see what the Suns get for him and compare it to waht the Cavs got for Korver even though Korver has guaranteed money next year and Ariza doesnt.....

ill have one of these ready:

#timevindicates

It's funny because you were confident that the Cavs were going to fetch a 1st rounder for Korver a few months ago. Now you seem thrilled because a team got desperate and they gave the Cavs 2 2nds. 2 2nds <> 1 1st.

I don't know what the Suns want from an Ariza trade. And I don't know how much teams are willing to wait until he hits the buyout market.

I could see the Sixers and Suns making a deal in which the Sixers get Ariza and Josh Jackson and the Suns get Fultz and Amir Johnson. I would have absolutely no idea how to grade that trade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because you were confident that the Cavs were going to fetch a 1st rounder for Korver a few months ago. Now you seem thrilled because a team got desperate and they gave the Cavs 2 2nds. 2 2nds <> 1 1st.

I don't know what the Suns want from an Ariza trade. And I don't know how much teams are willing to wait until he hits the buyout market.

I could see the Sixers and Suns making a deal in which the Sixers get Ariza and Josh Jackson and the Suns get Fultz and Amir Johnson. I would have absolutely no idea how to grade that trade.
tahts bullshit...please show me ONE post where I said that about Korver adn the Cavs getting a 1st for him...that is 100% complete and total bullshit.

just think about what you are saying--- "teams may wait for them to buy him out"-- if they are going to buy him out and let him go for nothing- how much fucking value could he possibly have? its common sense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The internet needs to turn on these fuckers that keep trying to piss on these peoples moments.

Somebody knows who they are.

Lay their asses bare.

Seriously. You know how much dumb shit I said when I was 14? I got smacked a couple of times because how much of a shit head I was. Looking back, I should've got the shit whipped out of me more than I did. In regards to Murry, he seems like a well spoken kid. At 20/21, I was in the Marine Corps and was nowhere as mature as he is (from public perception).

People need to stop looking up others past and act like they're so fucking perfect. I appreciate a guy like Murray who looks like he's matured and grown a lot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tahts bullshit...please show me ONE post where I said that about Korver adn the Cavs getting a 1st for him...that is 100% complete and total bullshit.

just think about what you are saying--- "teams may wait for them to buy him out"-- if they are going to buy him out and let him go for nothing- how much fucking value could he possibly have? its common sense.

I don't feel like parsing through posts for your comment so I'll retract the claim.

The Suns should have never signed Ariza. They fired the guy that did that. Now they are in a weird situation where they are looking to deal a guy they signed for $15 million in the offseason on a one year deal. It is the sort of move a team vying for a deep playoff run makes. Not a team that just drafted No. 1 overall.

His contract, right now, makes him less desirable because teams can't just take on that sort of contract. So the Suns need to either take on salary or get someone else to do it for a deal to make sense.

If Ariza was making his normal 7 mill this season he probably would already be traded.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheesy tater tots and their shakes are the shit.

I had the cheesy tater tots and a chili cheese hot dog I think.....with a frozen icey drink if I recall correctly.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My favorite was

"I'll give up my right nut if lebron goes to LA without a second star player"

One-nut wiggy is a suitable nickname for the little fella."

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza is significantly more valuable than Korver.

He is a legit starter who plays both ends of the floor. Can space offensively and can guard wings effectively. Not even close really.

This, he's also quite a bit younger than Korver.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a real boom or bust trade for the Suns. Very interesting

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the Cavs, Hawks and Bulls are going to end up in a battle over which 2 teams join the Suns for the best lottery odds.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the Cavs, Hawks and Bulls are going to end up in a battle over which 2 teams join the Suns for the best lottery odds.

Unfortunately for the Suns there aren't any top 5 pure point guards worth their time...at least none that have presented themselves as of yet.

So if they get the one do they go with the slam dunk pro in Zion?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a real boom or bust trade for the Suns. Very interesting

Both Jackson and Fultz could use a change of scenery. Fultz has shown a ton of upside in every aspect of his game EXCEPT shooting which is kind of a "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" sort of statement. But I think there is no question that he could have a long and productive career in the NBA. Jackson seems be a limited ceiling guy at this point who could be useful in the right role.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it will end up being the Hawks.

Bulls have more talent. They have dealt with a ton of injuries to start the year.

The issue we are probably 10 games or so away from teams engaging in pure tanking, once the playoffs are out of reach.

IMO, the Hawks, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, and Suns are all likely to lean into tanking in a fierce way once we hit the new year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue we are probably 10 games or so away from teams engaging in pure tanking, once the playoffs are out of reach.

IMO, the Hawks, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, and Suns are all likely to lean into tanking in a fierce way once we hit the new year.

The Bulls just fired their coach and have yet to play a game with their full roster.

Maarkanen is recently back, but Portis and Dunn have missed most of the season too. I think they will be less motivated to tank before seeing what they actually have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that could work certainly. If the Lakers were willing to give up a 1st round pick to sweeten the deal I would imagine the Suns would do that in an instant. Basically they would get a free 1st round pick. They could then buy out KCP if they wanted.

I think the Lakers are trying to come up with a way where they get Ariza and only lose KCP which I don't see happening.

I think that trying to get Ariza without giving up picks is why they are looking to get a 3rd team involved.

But I agree, I don't think they are getting Ariza without giving up a pick. If they manage that, then Magic is even more persuasive than I thought. lol

Imo, it would be worth it. While KCP, after a slow start, has been playing well of late, I like Ariza better and the Lakers may be able to bring him back on a team friendly deal next year if they want to.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that trying to get Ariza without giving up picks is why they are looking to get a 3rd team involved.

But I agree, I don't think they are getting Ariza without giving up a pick. If they manage that, then Magic is even more persuasive than I thought. lol

Imo, it would be worth it. While KCP, after a slow start, has been playing well of late, I like Ariza better and the Lakers may be able to bring him back on a team friendly deal next year if they want to.

I get why they would do the deal. I don't get why the Suns would do the deal unless some team is absolutely in love with KCP and willing to give up the assets to get him.