• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto losing 3 of 4 in a week where they played 3 of 4 at home may come back and bite them in the ass due to their upcoming schedule.

This is their schedule leading up to Christmas

AT LAC
AT GSW
AT POR
AT DEN
VS INDY
VS CLE
AT PHI

I feel like the schedule makers have a mean streak sometimes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL how about your vast knowledge about how the Cavs would have been better off without Kyrie? lol

what did coaching children give you insight for on that one? LOL

and Mccaw never was in the rotation- not even close. and Kevin Love is one of the better players in the EAst- esp. among big men...20 and 10 and being one of the most prolific big man shooters of all time doesnt grow on trees....lol

cmon...you gotta tell me- did you watch the rebuilding Cavs, tearing their team down humiliate your Wiz last night? LOL

I did not ever say they were better without him. What I said was that he only made them marginally better because he was a disinterested defender and a ball stopper.

AND- NEWS FLASH- I also admitted I was wrong on his impact. Something you could never do. My take on Kyrie wouldn't even make your top 10 list of dumb posts.

But guess what? You were wrong about Kyrie too. The truth is somewhere between your "burgeoning superstar" claims and my "only makes teams marginally better". Because his impact in Cleveland was at least somewhat muted by the truths I listed above.

And you still claim that a player who averaged 15 minutes a game across 71 contests and appeared in all 5 Finals games was not in the rotation?

Man you really have a problem.

Play#3: Make stuff up

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite was

"I'll give up my right nut if lebron goes to LA without a second star player"

One-nut wiggy is a suitable nickname for the little fella

I almost forgot about that one!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he is not good and makes 12 million dollars this year

Guess who else isn't good?

George Hill

2 more:

Delly and Henson

But, when their contracts are expiring they will have the same type value that KCP has right now. None are essential cogs, each could play a role in the right spot, and all 3 are overpaid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabbe would help match with Wall....if the Nets struck out on the FA market maybe they would look at Wall?

personally id rather pay Dinwiddie a 1/4 of Wall- esp. because he is cheaper, not injury prone, and not a whiner like Wall.

lol....The Wiz owe Wall fucking 160M over 4 years STARTING next year.....geezus.....just think about that. A PG that relies on his ahtleticism, that has had a plethora of injury issues, and is kind of a shit leader.

This post summarizes why you are a bad poster.

At the beginning of the season, I was talking with somebody about a potential Wall trade. It was something like Josh Jackson + contacts and a lottery protected first.

You impulsively jumped all over me with name calling talking about what a terrible deal that would be for the Wizards and they needed "a much better return" for an all star PG.

You assume that you know everything and you are unable to interact peacefully. And you clearly don't know everything. Because now you know, like I did months ago, that Wall's contract is going to be a problem in the future.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem.

The Lakers want to move off of KCP and bring in Ariza. Honestly they may not even care whether they move off of KCP but is a matching contract that they could include and would be comfortable with that.

The Suns likely want to get SOMETHING for Ariza because they most likely will buyout his contract in a couple of months if he is still on the team. Everyone knows that so Ariza's value is diminished. So they are willing to make a deal.

Taking on KCP doesn't make any sense. Puts them in the same boat.

So now they want to find a 3rd party to take on KCP. But the problem is that KCP has limited value. He's an expiring, so that's good. But in itself that doesn't mean much. Some other team would want to take KCP and dump a player like Galo or Hardaway or Crabbe. So now the Suns would need to take on MORE contract to trade Ariza.

But if this is just a salary dump move then why would the Suns even need to bring the Lakers into the mix? I guess it's possible that some team really wants KCP and no one else but that seems really unlikely.

It seems to me that the Lakers leaked this information in order to let other teams know that they are willing to make a deal.

Can anyone think of a plausible trade scenario?

KCP + a 1st for Ariza

Honestly though, and I said this over the summer.

The Suns should not be afraid of taking on money for next season if they can get assets out of it. They won't be able to sign any real impact players next off season anyway without grossly overpaying. Ryan Anderson comes off the books in 2020. They should be eyeing that summer and maximizing cap apace for a 2020 max offer.

They can sign an actual PG on a 1 year deal and give Booker/Ayton/Bridges + however they draft this season time to prove they could be a good team with a couple more pieces.

Phoenix could be a player in free agency, but not until they prove capable of winning a few games. That ain't happening this year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In and Out isn't bad. But it's not worth the line you have to wait in to get one. I've never understood the fascination. When I tell folks out here what I think of it, they look at me like I grew a 3rd eye or something.

Used to go to Steak and Shake when I lived in Florida. It's a mandatory stop every time I go back.

lol you GOTTA hit the Hog's Breath Saloon if you're ever in the Ft. Walton Beach area. smoked oysters were THE bomb...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP + a 1st for Ariza

Honestly though, and I said this over the summer.

The Suns should not be afraid of taking on money for next season if they can get assets out of it. They won't be able to sign any real impact players next off season anyway without grossly overpaying. Ryan Anderson comes off the books in 2020. They should be eyeing that summer and maximizing cap apace for a 2020 max offer.

They can sign an actual PG on a 1 year deal and give Booker/Ayton/Bridges + however they draft this season time to prove they could be a good team with a couple more pieces.

Phoenix could be a player in free agency, but not until they prove capable of winning a few games. That ain't happening this year.

Oh that could work certainly. If the Lakers were willing to give up a 1st round pick to sweeten the deal I would imagine the Suns would do that in an instant. Basically they would get a free 1st round pick. They could then buy out KCP if they wanted.

I think the Lakers are trying to come up with a way where they get Ariza and only lose KCP which I don't see happening.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers get: Ariza
Suns get: Jeremy Lin
Hawks get: KCP

The money works. It's not long term PG help for Phoenix as Lin is a free agent in 2019 (just like KCP and Ariza) but it does give the Suns a PG, which is something they don't have.

This only makes sense if the Hawks wanted KCP much more than they would want Lin and Ariza. It's possible, I guess, but I would think that the Hawks would be more interested in getting assets than getting expiring contracts.

Also, KCP has a no trade clause

Personally, I'd rather not see the Lakers trade for Ariza. They aren't winning a title this year anyway. What difference does it make if you get slightly better production from Ariza over KCP? If they do make a trade, they damn well better not give up any draft picks in the deal. They need to hold on to all of those to use in potential bigger trades down the road. But this just goes back to how shitty of a job Magic/Pelinka did last summer Post-Lebron. They could have signed Ariza. Instead, they overpayed KCP and signed a bunch of scraps.

Yeah I agree that the FAs that they signed last year post-Lebron were head scratching moves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who else isn't good?

George Hill

2 more:

Delly and Henson

But, when their contracts are expiring they will have the same type value that KCP has right now. None are essential cogs, each could play a role in the right spot, and all 3 are overpaid.
henson, next year, will definitetly have more value as an expiring than kcp as an expiring.

Henson at 9M on an expiring might actually be attractive to a contender that needs a big man who can play some D and rebound a little. I actually mentioned him as a Cavs trade target multiple times during the LeBron era.

The Bucks dealt him because they have much bigger fish to fry with Bledsoe, middleton, Brogdon all to be FA's, and since Henson is injured for at least the next month or two.

Hill had value because the Cavs were willing to take long term money---- unless the Lakers are willing to take long term money back to tarde KCP, what the fuck is the point? no one is trading expiring contract for expiring contract just for shits and giggles. That- and Henson and Delly didnt spend time in jail between games last year. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not ever say they were better without him. What I said was that he only made them marginally better because he was a disinterested defender and a ball stopper.

AND- NEWS FLASH- I also admitted I was wrong on his impact. Something you could never do. My take on Kyrie wouldn't even make your top 10 list of dumb posts.

But guess what? You were wrong about Kyrie too. The truth is somewhere between your "burgeoning superstar" claims and my "only makes teams marginally better". Because his impact in Cleveland was at least somewhat muted by the truths I listed above.

And you still claim that a player who averaged 15 minutes a game across 71 contests and appeared in all 5 Finals games was not in the rotation?

Man you really have a problem.

Play#3: Make stuff up
Kyrie is without a doubt a top 10-15 player. His value rises exponentially in the playoffs where defenses get tougher, and the half court game comes more into play.

You love extolling the virtues of "pure" point guards and passing and rah rah basketball- probably because you think yo uahve some great insight from coaching children- and team game, blah blah blah.

but NBA Gms, players, coacches- know Kyrie's true value as one of the top in the game- we saw it in the playoffs. That kind of high end offensive talent is more valuable than any other skil lset out there and matters exponentially more when the playoffs start. This is what you either fail to understand, or just choose to turn a blind eye to.

If KLyrie is healthy- which is without a doubt a big if- especially after 2 more surgeries after he left the Cavs---- but he is one of the very best talents in the game because when you get in a dog fight in the postseason and those defenses toughen up- he is one of a SMALL handful of guys that can completely take over a game. Many other skill sets are a dime a dozen. What Kyrie can do is special- and we all saw it and he madeyou look like the fool you are.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

how about the Brownies?

5 wins!!! LOL....i mean, that feels like 3 seasons worth of wins! lol....

Baker is the real deal. Myles Garret is one of the best defensive players in the league. Browns have got the 2 biggest positions filled with big time talents.

its still gonna take a year or two--- next year to fill some holes, get Baker some experience etc....

but the following year--- Baker's year 3...its playoffs baby!!!! lol...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe even next year if they get lucky.

Mayfield has surpassed the expectations I had for him this year. Although it's weird to look @ the standings & not see the Browns in last place in the league. Thought it was funny all the teams in the AFCc lost except Cleveland.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely the most I've ever seen John Henson discussed.

Hill should be a nice fit backing up both guard spots

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that could work certainly. If the Lakers were willing to give up a 1st round pick to sweeten the deal I would imagine the Suns would do that in an instant. Basically they would get a free 1st round pick. They could then buy out KCP if they wanted.

I think the Lakers are trying to come up with a way where they get Ariza and only lose KCP which I don't see happening.
exactly

id think that a team like hte Pelicans would have interest in Ariza as well- as could a half dozen other teams. Its not like they will just throw him away for nothing when other teams are interested in him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield has surpassed the expectations I had for him this year. Although it's weird to look @ the standings & not see the Browns in last place in the league. Thought it was funny all the teams in the AFCc lost except Cleveland.

If not for that meltdown against the Raiders or if our kicker could make an XP in New Orleans playoffs would not be too crazy

But all in all major strides made

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is without a doubt a top 10-15 player. His value rises exponentially in the playoffs where defenses get tougher, and the half court game comes more into play.

You love extolling the virtues of "pure" point guards and passing and rah rah basketball- probably because you think yo uahve some great insight from coaching children- and team game, blah blah blah.

but NBA Gms, players, coacches- know Kyrie's true value as one of the top in the game- we saw it in the playoffs. That kind of high end offensive talent is more valuable than any other skil lset out there and matters exponentially more when the playoffs start. This is what you either fail to understand, or just choose to turn a blind eye to.

If KLyrie is healthy- which is without a doubt a big if- especially after 2 more surgeries after he left the Cavs---- but he is one of the very best talents in the game because when you get in a dog fight in the postseason and those defenses toughen up- he is one of a SMALL handful of guys that can completely take over a game. Many other skill sets are a dime a dozen. What Kyrie can do is special- and we all saw it and he madeyou look like the fool you are.

Dude.

You love putting words in people's mouths don't you?

You keep talking about me "loving pure PG"

Please find where I ever said that? I never once have.

I have said Kyrie doesn't create that well for others, which was certainly true in the past. He has gotten better in that area. I also said Kyrie wasn't a true PG. Also true.

I have also all throughout my criticism of him maintained that Kyrie is a top 2-3 scorer in the entire league and defintely a top 20 player. Now he probably is a top 12 or 13 player.

But instead of actually talking about what I said, you take the piece you don't agree with and repeat it over and over. Each time twisting it more and more to fit your narrative and make it seem like the other person said something stupid when in fact they didn't.

Play #1- taking partial quotes out of context.
Play #2- name calling
Play #3- making stuff up

#typicalwiggy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Mayfield was 18 of 22 yesterday....among his incompletions were 1 drop to Higgins (that would have been a TD), a drop by Njoku (that would have went for like 20 yards), and a drop by Chubb- the other incompletion was a throw-away.

his accuracy and ability to move around the pocket and make throwing lanes is unreal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for that meltdown against the Raiders or if our kicker could make an XP in New Orleans playoffs would not be too crazy

But all in all major strides made

It's still bizarre that Hue Jackson didn't know that former K was injured the 1st two weeks of the season. Misses a FG in OT vs. the Steelers & 2 FG's & 2 PAT's in a 3 point loss to the Saints.

And I get a great laughing outta the fact Jackson will be the Bungles HC next season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHOA!!! There is absolutely doubt as to whether Kyrie is a top 15 player.

Lebron
Giannis
KD
Curry
Kawhi
Embiid
Harden
Westbrook
Jokic
Brow
Lillard
Butler
Oladipo
Griffin
Wall
Love
DeRozan
Porzingas

The top 12 or so are no brainers above Kyrie. He's a tremendous talent but his game comes with some costs.

How is Kyrie different than John Wall or Kemba Walker or Westbrook? Other than he got to play with one of the greatest players of all time?