• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have great commercials for sure....

Tried their food when I was in Kansas.....just okay IMO.
Cheesy tater tots and their shakes are the shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W, L, W, L, W, EVISCERATION, W.

Philly is the only game I'm on the fence about.

I agree with this for the most part.

Clippers will be on the 2nd night of a B2B so that's a tough one for your boys

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I can't say about the Heat often is that the effort wasn't there. Usually it is poor execution or just playing a better team.
part of the reason why i never thought crazies like Waiters and Whitside were good fits there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be very sweet of LBJ if he lets Miami win tomorrow

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of the reason why i never thought crazies like Waiters and Whitside were good fits there.

Haven't seen much of Waiters due to that freaking ankle injury but from what I've seen, I will never question his effort. He plays hard

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sit Giannis.

Wouldn't want to risk Delly reverting back to his masher ways.
the last rebuild the Cavs had some real shit heads and some guys that were not great leaders- like Waiters/Kyrie etc...and it got bad sometimes- bad attitude, bad for development etc.

This time- they have guys who are going to play hard and not whine and not get as effected by the losing--- Osman, Sexton, Nance Jr., Delly, TT, Nwaba...even Clarkson...these are all guys that have great attitudes and work ethics and arent going to feel sorry for themselvs and mope around.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been to the west coast since i was a kid but i heard lots of shitty reviews about in and out.

Shake Shack is my shit though. Like 5 guys but that's almost like an immediate heart attack lol

In and Out isn't bad. But it's not worth the line you have to wait in to get one. I've never understood the fascination. When I tell folks out here what I think of it, they look at me like I grew a 3rd eye or something.

Used to go to Steak and Shake when I lived in Florida. It's a mandatory stop every time I go back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 jrch mustve been playing with that bad shoulder for a while because his shooting has been ass lately.

That's what I'm thinking. Been shooting the ball pretty terrible lately so I was very happy to see him with a right shoulder injury.....It all made sense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Wade avg 15 in limited minutes in his one last dance.

I bet he wouldn't have retired if he & Gabby didn't just have that newborn.

I think he would have waited until his son graduated HS

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With half Miami's team out, including their best two players...

I highly doubt it.

We should be more healthy tomorrow. Dragic is a go, Ellington is back from his grandma funeral and J-Rich/Tyler are questionable. My guess is at least one of them will go.

Much better situation than last night vs the Clippers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to rely on athleticism when you start the year fucking fat.

He is awful.

Awful teammate.

Awful attitude.

Awful leader.

Awful contract.

So, I expect him to be a Clipper by mid July.

Isn't Jerry West supposed to stop that shit? And wasn't he the guy who got KD to the Ws? KD to the Clips confirmed!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a stupid deal for the Suns who already have Booker, Crawford, Okobo, Melton and Bridges.

Gotta be something in it for them.

Unless they told Ariza they'd send him where he wanted if it didn't work out.

This is the problem.

The Lakers want to move off of KCP and bring in Ariza. Honestly they may not even care whether they move off of KCP but is a matching contract that they could include and would be comfortable with that.

The Suns likely want to get SOMETHING for Ariza because they most likely will buyout his contract in a couple of months if he is still on the team. Everyone knows that so Ariza's value is diminished. So they are willing to make a deal.

Taking on KCP doesn't make any sense. Puts them in the same boat.

So now they want to find a 3rd party to take on KCP. But the problem is that KCP has limited value. He's an expiring, so that's good. But in itself that doesn't mean much. Some other team would want to take KCP and dump a player like Galo or Hardaway or Crabbe. So now the Suns would need to take on MORE contract to trade Ariza.

But if this is just a salary dump move then why would the Suns even need to bring the Lakers into the mix? I guess it's possible that some team really wants KCP and no one else but that seems really unlikely.

It seems to me that the Lakers leaked this information in order to let other teams know that they are willing to make a deal.

Can anyone think of a plausible trade scenario?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem.

The Lakers want to move off of KCP and bring in Ariza. Honestly they may not even care whether they move off of KCP but is a matching contract that they could include and would be comfortable with that.

The Suns likely want to get SOMETHING for Ariza because they most likely will buyout his contract in a couple of months if he is still on the team. Everyone knows that so Ariza's value is diminished. So they are willing to make a deal.

Taking on KCP doesn't make any sense. Puts them in the same boat.

So now they want to find a 3rd party to take on KCP. But the problem is that KCP has limited value. He's an expiring, so that's good. But in itself that doesn't mean much. Some other team would want to take KCP and dump a player like Galo or Hardaway or Crabbe. So now the Suns would need to take on MORE contract to trade Ariza.

But if this is just a salary dump move then why would the Suns even need to bring the Lakers into the mix? I guess it's possible that some team really wants KCP and no one else but that seems really unlikely.

It seems to me that the Lakers leaked this information in order to let other teams know that they are willing to make a deal.

Can anyone think of a plausible trade scenario?

Lakers get: Ariza
Suns get: Jeremy Lin
Hawks get: KCP

The money works. It's not long term PG help for Phoenix as Lin is a free agent in 2019 (just like KCP and Ariza) but it does give the Suns a PG, which is something they don't have.

Personally, I'd rather not see the Lakers trade for Ariza. They aren't winning a title this year anyway. What difference does it make if you get slightly better production from Ariza over KCP? If they do make a trade, they damn well better not give up any draft picks in the deal. They need to hold on to all of those to use in potential bigger trades down the road. But this just goes back to how shitty of a job Magic/Pelinka did last summer Post-Lebron. They could have signed Ariza. Instead, they overpayed KCP and signed a bunch of scraps.