• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could have won with RW

Most players don't want to join the team the beat you

This was the team that just beat him too lol
Most likely more to do with circumstance & opportunity. GS didn't want neither LBJ nor RW...they wanted KD.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money should be no object for the Woloshins, Giller implies in the suit.

“Lindsay Glazer is a member of the Glazer family, which owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Manchester United Football (Soccer) team,” Giller’s suit points out. “Collectively, the family’s net worth exceeds $4.5 billion.”

That assertion led Glazer Woloshin to crack, through her publicist, “If I’m a member of that Glazer family, that’s news to me. If that were the case, we would have leased from Michael Jordan instead
.”
i lost it with this statement

Read more here: NBA champ sues comedian ‘The Alphabitch’ for trashing his Fort Lauderdale mansion

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you'd get a 2nd rounder for Smith.

Hou is already in a financial bind.

That's one of the Reasons they didn't pay Ariza.

If anything, I'd try to get him back.

Good would give shooting.

But, do they need another matador defender?
* Hood would give shooting

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Hood would give shooting
LBJ should've encouraged the two teams to do a sign & trade instead of just walking away. What would the lakers look like right now had he been able to take Hood & Nance with him? If you're the Cavs would it have been ideal to ask for Ingram, Ball & a pick in return?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I did...but there was no mention of trading for him to waive him, or buy him out. So were you saying a team should trade for him to bench him & lose a roster spot?
no- they should say----- take JR Smiths contract that is basically expiring, and trade - say Brandon Knights contract that extends till next year----- and give up a pick....

that way they save 15M next year, cut Jr Smith, have a roster spot and have Knights 15M a year contract gone for next year.

maybe also ask for Rodney Hood or Nwaba or something in the process.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ should've encouraged the two teams to do a sign & trade instead of just walking away. What would the lakers look like right now had he been able to take Hood & Nance with him? If you're the Cavs would it have been ideal to ask for Ingram, Ball & a pick in return?
You think the Lakers would have done that deal?

I don't for a few reasons..

1. They just traded Nance to the Cavs a few months earlier.

2. They were not going to muck up their capspace on fringe starters that aren't better than the guys they would be trading away.

Remember: Nance got an extension and Hood tried to do the same.

I'd much rather have Mcgee and Tyson for 5 mil over Nance at 12.

Also, They were trying to land another all star with Lebron.

If not last year, the plan was always to roll that money to this Summer.

3. Why on earth would LeBron ever help Gilbert?

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you'd get a 2nd rounder for Smith.

Hou is already in a financial bind.

That's one of the Reasons they didn't pay Ariza.

If anything, I'd try to get him back.

Good would give shooting.

But, do they need another matador defender?
i mean -say they dealt Smith for Knight

Knight makes 15M next year

you can BUY a high 2nd roudner for like 3-4 million dollars

the LEASt you get in a deal like that is a first rounder for basically 15 million bucks.,

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean -say they dealt Smith for Knight

Knight makes 15M next year

you can BUY a high 2nd roudner for like 3-4 million dollars

the LEASt you get in a deal like that is a first rounder for basically 15 million bucks.,
Yeah, I see your point.

I thought Brandon was expiring.

So, yeah....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they weren't willing to take a chance on him. It's really as simple as that.

In order to take a chance on someone, you have to have the ability to take the chance that it won't work.

The Warriors are in that position, the Lakers aren't. It's one thing to take a chance on guys like McGee, Rondo, etc. who can actually play right now. They could find out quickly about those guys and move on from them quickly if it doesn't work out.

With Boogie, they'd have to wait until January or February before they would even get to put him on the court. Then it would likely be March or April before they even started to get a good idea of what he actually has left after that injury.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Boogie comes back looking good I'm willing to bet there will be teams that will take a chance on him & pay him closer to what he's looking for.

And assuming they don't get KD or Kawhi and/or the rumors about trading for the Brow don't go anywhere...the Lakers will likely be one of the teams offering what he's asking for.

IMO Boogie played this right. He accepted a very low salary to get back on the court with a team that can help him heal completely and also provide the biggest stage for him to showcase what he can do post injury. His patience will help bring his goal to fruition.

Agree 100%. Worst case...the injury leaves him a shell of himself, he made a few more million and likely gets a ring too.

Best case...he is at least close to what he was before the injury, likely gets a ring and then gets a max contract or very close to it.

Considering that no one was offering him anything...he couldn't have played it any better, imo.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Lakers would have done that deal?

I don't for a few reasons..

1. They just traded Nance to the Cavs a few months earlier.

2. They were not going to muck up their capspace on fringe starters that aren't better than the guys they would be trading away.

Remember: Nance got an extension and Hood tried to do the same.

I'd much rather have Mcgee and Tyson for 5 mil over Nance at 12.

Also, They were trying to land another all star with Lebron.

If not last year, the plan was always to roll that money to this Summer.

3. Why on earth would LeBron ever help Gilbert?
Well I think if that' what LBJ wanted then the Lakers most likely go along with it.

If it meant getting Nance & Hood in LA with him it wouldn't just be helping Gilbert- he'd been helping himself first. Not saying this had to be the exact deal, my point really was more of a sign & trade that would've brought help along with him to LA. You have a point that maybe neither team would've went for it. It was just a thought I had.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to take a chance on someone, you have to have the ability to take the chance that it won't work.

The Warriors are in that position, the Lakers aren't. It's one thing to take a chance on guys like McGee, Rondo, etc. who can actually play right now. They could find out quickly about those guys and move on from them quickly if it doesn't work out.

With Boogie, they'd have to wait until January or February before they would even get to put him on the court. Then it would likely be March or April before they even started to get a good idea of what he actually has left after that injury.
I get that and am obviously looking at this with 20/20 hindsight vision. Based on where they are now of course.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was fine. This wasn't like Kyrie or Love who actually missed entire series. Stop making girly excuses. If Curry wasn't playing you may have a point but he played in every game and was better than he was the year before when he was "perfectly fine." He also joined that team that beat him

LMAO @"Curry was fine"...