• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

It's a 3 All star roster now.

* Simmons will probably get the nod this year *

So, he gets less credit.
Is that why no one puts Durant or Curry in the top 5?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like a top 5 player again.

Brow, Bron, Freak, Kawhi, Curry, Durant.....

Shit, that's 6.

Who doesn't make the top 5?

Embiid is creeping into the conversation too.

In all honestly, it's probably Curry, which is extremely unfair. The talent at the top is just amazing.

IMO, behind Lebron, Curry has the biggest TEAM impact. The other players all have higher individual impact in their play.

If you're going team impact, I'd have Brow on the outside, just by the narrowest of margins. I just think he's put up monster numbers for so long, but they haven't really translated to any real success. Granted he he hasn't had the supporting cast that the others have had in the past, but results are what matters. Giannis is pairing his fantastic season with a great record. Same with Kawhi. We've all seen the impact Curry has on the Warriors which everyone now clearly sees. He's more valuable to the Warriors than Durant, even though individually Durant has a higher skill set.

So I think the top 5 is subjective based on what you're valuing.

Top 5 Individual players by skillset:
Lebron
KD
Giannis
AD
Kawhi

Top 5 Individual players by team impact:
Lebron
Curry
KD
Kawhi
Giannis

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya because those circumstances are the same right
So now the circumstances of why they're out matter to you? Weren't you just saying on the last page that circumstances of why players miss games shouldn't matter, that they should be judged the same?? hahahahaha
:bullshit:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea they just better hope holding him back early doesn't affect him later when he has to play consecutive/back to backs. We've seen this strategy with Miami & Wade...it resulted in LBJ leaving the next season.
Kawhi is in the LeBron role.

So, it's a different situation.

He's the franchise player that they are resetting and the free agent this Summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly, it's probably Curry, which is extremely unfair. The talent at the top is just amazing.

IMO, behind Lebron, Curry has the biggest TEAM impact. The other players all have higher individual impact in their play.

If you're going team impact, I'd have Brow on the outside, just by the narrowest of margins. I just think he's put up monster numbers for so long, but they haven't really translated to any real success. Granted he he hasn't had the supporting cast that the others have had in the past, but results are what matters. Giannis is pairing his fantastic season with a great record. Same with Kawhi. We've all seen the impact Curry has on the Warriors which everyone now clearly sees. He's more valuable to the Warriors than Durant, even though individually Durant has a higher skill set.

So I think the top 5 is subjective based on what you're valuing.

Top 5 Individual players by skillset:
Lebron
KD
Giannis
AD
Kawhi

Top 5 Individual players by team impact:
Lebron
Curry
KD
Kawhi
Giannis
Well done, My Fishy Friend.

* in before @ChiefsLakers67 his name is Sushi, he doesn't smell like Fish...at least not over the internet....lol *

I can't dispute a thing.

Giannis and Bron would rank high on both lists for me.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you're talking about.

They're always mentioned in the top 5, but they're not consistently present. Well at least not Curry. Durant is usually there unless you're Max Kellerman.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're always mentioned in the top 5, but they're not consistently present. Well at least not Curry. Durant is usually there unless you're Max Kellerman.
Dude....

Stephen A just said...

Not on a every game basis...

But, in a must win, last shot situation...

He would rather have Magic Johnson take the shot over CURRY.

Love me some Magic.

But......:stephena:

Is that why no one puts Durant or Curry in the top 5?

Yep.

But, I hold it against Durant more than Curry because Curry has already proven he can win it all without Kevin.

Curry is the most unselfish Super Star in the NBA....imo

He could average 40 plus ppg if he wasn't willing to share with Durant and Klay.

He could shine more.

But, the Warriors would win less.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is in the LeBron role.

So, it's a different situation.

He's the franchise player that they are resetting and the free agent this Summer.
So do you think if they weren't at the top of their conference right now he'd be resting on back to backs?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the circumstances of why they're out matter to you? Weren't you just saying on the last page that circumstances of why players miss games shouldn't matter, that they should be judged the same?? hahahahaha
:bullshit:
Why do you do this? You just argued with me about "circumstances" declaring Dirk's title a "fluke". You seem to like to argue for its own sake.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done, My Fishy Friend.

* in before @ChiefsLakers67 his name is Sushi, he doesn't smell like Fish...at least not over the internet....lol *

I can't dispute a thing.

Giannis and Bron would rank high on both lists for me.
Can't lie, I lol at "my fishy friend" too

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....

Stephen A just said...

Not on a every game basis...

But, in a must win, last shot situation...

He would rather have Magic Johnson take the shot over CURRY.

Love me some Magic.

But......:stephena:

Yep.

But, I hold it against Durant more than Curry because Curry has already proven he can win it all without Kevin.

Curry is the most unselfish Super Star in the NBA....imo

He could average 40 plus ppg if he wasn't willing to share with the Durant and Klay.

But, the Warriors would win less.

If the entire universe was at stake, and you needed to put together a 12 man roster of players in their primes, is there any chance you're leaving Steph off that team? Serious question.

That's not to say he's one of the 12 greatest players of all time, but what he does and how he impacts the game, can you afford not to put him there?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you do this? You just argued with me about "circumstances" declaring Dirk's title a "fluke". You seem to like to argue for its own sake.
First off, I didn't argue with you about anything. Second, he argued about circumstances. Why do you butt in without reading the posts in question?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I didn't argue with you about anything. Second, he argued about circumstances. Why do you butt in without reading the posts in question?
Why not?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why bring up LBJ? Because he did the VERY SAME thing you hate KD for...and he did it BEFORE KD. But, you don't blast LBJ for doing it. That's why I bring it up. How can you not think that is relevant to this conversation? SMH

You & others that want to compare accomplishments of the teams these players chose to join is why I call it semantics. Every teams loses. That is fact.

Furthermore, If a player is looking for the best chance to win, why wouldn't they pick the BEST team to join? So was he supposed to pick a losing team instead? To argue he was wrong to pick the best team in the league to play for while on his journey to win is just really asinine IMO.

No LeBron didn't join a team that were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the 2x League MVP. He didn't create a fake social media account to defend himself. I already mentioned that but you seem to want to ignore it.

I never said KD was wrong for joining a team he couldn't beat. You said that. To say otherwise is as you put it is asinine.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think if they weren't at the top of their conference right now he'd be resting on back to backs?
Yes, he would still be resting because it's the first week of December.

If he can't play back to backs in March, then I'd worry.

By all accounts, it's not that he can't play in them now.

Is more, risk it for what?

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the entire universe was at stake, and you needed to put together a 12 man roster of players in their primes, is there any chance you're leaving Steph off that team? Serious question.

That's not to say he's one of the 12 greatest players of all time, but what he does and how he impacts the game, can you afford not to put him there?
You don't leave , arguably by some, not me, the best shooter in the history of the Sport off the roster.

I think my biggest issue would be leaving off one of Shaq, Wilt, Dream.

Call me crazy, I don't think it would be dream.

Bird is off for LeBron.

I don't even need to think about that one.

If I have LeBron, do I need Magic?

Jordan is also a no brainer.

So, peace out Kobe.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No LeBron didn't join a team that were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the 2x League MVP. He didn't create a fake social media account to defend himself. I already mentioned that but you seem to want to ignore it.

I never said KD was wrong for joining a team he couldn't beat. You said that. To say otherwise is as you put it is asinine.
Clearly there's a challenge when you read my posts, so moving on.