• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17th DEF EFF is just fine for a D'Antoni team. The problem is very clearly their offense. Most Rockets fans will be perfectly fine if you told them they finish middle of the road in defense and top 10 in ppg allowed (currently 7th).

Last year they allowed 46% from the field and did just fine. Once again, the problem is on offense.

Another quote on the Houston defense I made last month. Not once did I say anything about their defense being better than it was last season.

@DJ out here making up shit

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was better. Once again, the search bar is your friend so you don't come in here making up lies.

This was my exact quote at that time:

Never once said the DEF EFF was better than it was last year.

Well, myself and somebody else were saying they missed Ariza and Luc......you countered that so you clearly were implying defense wasn't the issue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, myself and somebody else were saying they missed Ariza and Luc......you countered that so you clearly were implying defense wasn't the issue.

It wasn't at that time of my post on November 11th. The offense was ranked 27th and def ranked 17th

Things obviously changed since

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olajuwon. Nowitsky
Admittedly I don't know much about Olajuwon & the circumstances surrounding his wins but with Dirk I can tell you that was a fluke. What's he won since?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do w/ LeBron. Why even bring him up? But since you did yes LeBron teamed up w/ 2 All Stars & people were critical of him. Yet KD teamed up w/ 3 All Stars. Plus he joined a team that were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the 2x League MVP. He joined a better & more loaded team.

I don't like LeBron or KD. But KD looks much worse. Now can you imagine the backlash if LeBron used a fake social media account to defend himself?
Why bring up LBJ? Because he did the VERY SAME thing you hate KD for...and he did it BEFORE KD. But, you don't blast LBJ for doing it. That's why I bring it up. How can you not think that is relevant to this conversation? SMH

You & others that want to compare accomplishments of the teams these players chose to join is why I call it semantics. Every teams loses. That is fact.

Furthermore, If a player is looking for the best chance to win, why wouldn't they pick the BEST team to join? So was he supposed to pick a losing team instead? To argue he was wrong to pick the best team in the league to play for while on his journey to win is just really asinine IMO.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? Because they didn't want to spend to bring in a guy who wouldn't be available to them until what? January?

If the Lakers were in the Warriors position, I'm sure they would have taken a flyer on Boogie like the Warriors did. But the Lakers needed guys who could play now.
Because they weren't willing to take a chance on him. It's really as simple as that.

IMO it was a bad choice. Yea you have guys who are playing now, but what is that going to look like during the second half of the season and/or post season if they make it? How many of those guys have the talent that Boogies has? Even if he only comes back @ 80% he's still better than JaVale & Lance.

Let's remember, it's not like the best players in the league are tripping over themselves to go play with LBJ.

Side note: I had to throw that last line in there cause I'm feeling myself right now! :heh:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TimevindicatestheDeej

:hammer:

Seriously, they could still get it together but something seems really wrong there....the 3% shooting is bad.

@bksballer89 countered me earlier this season (as he usually does since we never agree) saying their defensive efficiency is better than last season.
You just couldn't take the win, huh?

I already said you were right.

Why drag @bksballer89 into it ?

You didn't make it one post passed saying passive DJ, no arguing.....lmfao

Never change, my cyber-friend...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's his approach, then he better hope KD leaves or he better be willing to take an enormous amount less than he is going to be asking for to stay with the Warriors become no one was exactly beating down his door to sign him.
Yea KD leaving is probably the only way Boogie could stay. But I don't see that happening.

But if Boogie comes back looking good I'm willing to bet there will be teams that will take a chance on him & pay him closer to what he's looking for.

IMO Boogie played this right. He accepted a very low salary to get back on the court with a team that can help him heal completely and also provide the biggest stage for him to showcase what he can do post injury. His patience will help bring his goal to fruition.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert is a retard.

Ejected less than 3 minutes into the game.
I have to wonder what Harden did to him. That was totally out of character of Gobert - even the pushing of Harden. Harden is known for doing little things like pinching guys in areas he shouldn't be touching them. That kind of stuff can piss someone off. I'm not defending Gobert's bad attitude but I certain can understand it if those were the circumstances. Harden tried it with Dray a couple of seasons ago so wouldn't put it past him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Bubba.

He got you.

You and @WiggyRuss will do anything to avoid admitting that you are wrong...lol

1-funny-how-to-avoid-human-interaction.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry isn't sitting out back to backs as a rule.

If the Raps continue to sit him, it will hurt his chances.

Not sure what part of this is confusing nor debatable.
Remember when I said something about them "resting" him in the first week of the season? Something isn't clean in the milk there.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I got the point

But whats the difference on how you miss the games. Its the amount you end up playing no?

So if Curry plays less then 65 he will get votes while Kawhi wont?
It just looks different when a guy sits just to "rest" vs. actually being hurt. Kinda points to his "effort" IMO.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder what Harden did to him. That was totally out of character of Gobert - even the pushing of Harden. Harden is known for doing little things like pinching guys in areas he shouldn't be touching them. That kind of stuff can piss someone off. I'm not defending Gobert's bad attitude but I certain can understand it if those were the circumstances. Harden tried it with Dray a couple of seasons ago so wouldn't put it past him.
I think he was pissed about that foul call on the Jump ball.

He did bump Harden.

But, Harden has a tendency to act like he was clubbed with a baseball bat.

This wasn't even one of his award winning flops.

So, Rudy probably felt he was being targeted.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think the refs had it out for him. Just got fined on Sunday after the game vs Miami

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks Favors has a SportsHoopla account...lol

*******Attention all you disgusting Lakers fans *******

Remember when I said the Rockets were head and shoulders better ?

giphy.gif
I watched that Hou/Utah game last night & MY GAWD Houston looks terrible. They should be concerned.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when I said something about them "resting" him in the first week of the season? Something isn't clean in the milk there.
I think he's fine.

They are just pulling a reverse Spurs.

We care so much about your long-term health that we are going to be overly cautious, even though it's possible your future isn't with us.

Not a bad strategy...imo

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I don't know much about Olajuwon & the circumstances surrounding his wins but with Dirk I can tell you that was a fluke. What's he won since?
Way to move the goalposts. You asked who won a ring without major help, Dirk did. Now, what, gotta win multiple rings that way to prove your point?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Bubba.

He got you.

You and @WiggyRuss will do anything to avoid admitting that you are wrong...lol

1-funny-how-to-avoid-human-interaction.gif
iits freaking December 7th...id be shocked if the Rockets finish behind the Lakers in the standings or the Rockets had anything less than a 5 seed AT WORST.

just think about in previous seasons- nothing that happens before February basically even matters the vast majority of the time.

Last year at this time the Cavs had Wade and Rose and were just integrating Isiah Thomas into their lineup.

I am DEF. not giving up on the Jazz and Rockets