• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston should just give up this season.

Let CP3 retire and trade Harden to the Lakers for Svi and Zubac and just start all over again.

Note: Lakers would need a 1st rounder too to make it fair.
I told my friend they wouldn't be as good without Trevor Ariza, and didn't believe me, he now sees they should have kept Ariza - I didn't expect them to suck this badly though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD wants to get credit he needs to win on a team other than GS. I honestly don't know if he is capable of that.

The only thing we really know about KD is he couldn't win with a pretty damn good team, and joined the best team that he could win with (basically anyone could have joined that team and had a pretty good shot at winning imo)

If he ever wants to be listed with the top greats, he needs to win outside of GS...and what tam he chooses will def be a factor

The thing that is pissing me off about KD is he talks a lot of crap for someone who imo hasn't backed it up. He wants to be the best player in the NBA, well go prove it off of GS. His comments about lebron seem a little jealous tbh

Did you actually read KD's comments?

Because while the media is predictably spinning it the way they want to, KD went out of his way to say that the "toxic environment" around LeBron was because of media, fanboys and haters and had nothing to do with LeBron himself. The toxic environment is created by the distractions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No help? He had RW, Ibaka, Kanter, Steven Adams and a nice bench. He was up 3-1 on GW.

If you can’t beat em, join em

Up 3-1 against a hobbled Curry alongside a ball hog co-star he didn't want to play with anymore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be funny if he doesn't even give LA a second thought next year...and would serve them right.

Why is that? Because they didn't want to spend to bring in a guy who wouldn't be available to them until what? January?

If the Lakers were in the Warriors position, I'm sure they would have taken a flyer on Boogie like the Warriors did. But the Lakers needed guys who could play now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, here they are in 5th place thus far. Maybe they actually could've afforded the risk while Cousins recovered?? Now, there's a possibility Cousins won't give them the time of day once he's healthy since they weren't willing to take a chance on him. If any player thinks like that I would have to guess it would be Cousins.

If that's his approach, then he better hope KD leaves or he better be willing to take an enormous amount less than he is going to be asking for to stay with the Warriors become no one was exactly beating down his door to sign him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was purely about his health and availability.

Exactly, when you consider what he ended up being willing to sign for, if the Lakers felt they were in a position to be able to wait for him, they'd have likely signed him or tried to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I got the point

But whats the difference on how you miss the games. Its the amount you end up playing no?

So if Curry plays less then 65 he will get votes while Kawhi wont?

Yes and no on the bold. The difference is, Steph has missed games with a legit injury. Kawhi has been sitting out on b2b's because either he or the team (or both) are choosing for that to happen.

Having said that, imo, any player who plays less than 65 games should be out of the MVP running. But in cases where players have missed games, why they missed the games should be taken into consideration.

So if Steph and Kawhi both play in 65-70 games, but Steph's missed games were because of a legit injury and Kawhi's are due to rest... the edge should go to Curry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow they lost by 27 even though Gobert got thrown out in the 1st lolzzz

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually read KD's comments?

Because while the media is predictably spinning it the way they want to, KD went out of his way to say that the "toxic environment" around LeBron was because of media, fanboys and haters and had nothing to do with LeBron himself. The toxic environment is created by the distractions.

Exactly. As the guy who wrote the article pointed out on Dan Patrick yesterday..."unfortunately, the media doesn't seem willing to include that part of the quote".

They're intentionally trying to make it look like it's all about Lebron and create some kind of beef between Lebron and KD.

And they wonder why players and coaches are sometimes assholes towards them.

I loved that Lebron said that he wants to see the full quote in it's proper context before reacting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*******Attention all you disgusting Lakers fans *******

Remember when I said the Rockets were head and shoulders better ?

Pretty sure that all of us disgusting Lakers fans agreed with you. On paper, they should be better than the Lakers. But something is wrong there.

I think most thought that losing Ariza and Mbah A Moute was going to hurt them, but I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad.

To be fair though, they are 11-13, so they could certainly go on a run and end up right about where we all thought they would before the season started.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks Favors has a SportsHoopla account...lol

*******Attention all you disgusting Lakers fans *******

Remember when I said the Rockets were head and shoulders better ?

giphy.gif

Daaaaanng...

why we gotta be THAT...? :heh:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, when you consider what he ended up being willing to sign for, if the Lakers felt they were in a position to be able to wait for him, they'd have likely signed him or tried to.
Like seriously....

I heart you.

* please don't @ me Mrs. TF12 *

:behindsofa:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that all of us disgusting Lakers fans agreed with you. On paper, they should be better than the Lakers. But something is wrong there.

I think most thought that losing Ariza and Mbah A Moute was going to hurt them, but I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad.

To be fair though, they are 11-13, so they could certainly go on a run and end up right about where we all thought they would before the season started.
Fyi....

The disgusting part was meant for that Damn @DJ.

Admitting that he bested me is becoming a habit as of late...lol

But, yeah....

They could turn it around.

But, they have to actually care.

It doesn't look like they do.

Cp3 made a statement about not believing teams can beat them 4 out of 7 times.

Don't you have to make the playoffs first?

Looks like We have another team who thinks they can just flip the switch.

It happened to be right with Lebron in the East last year.

But, even then it was touch and go.

This isn't the East and even the teams that shouldn't be in spitting distance of the playoffs at years end are no easy win in the West....

Outside of the Suns.

The Spurs, Clippers, Kings and Mavs should be on the outside looking in.

Yet, They can beat any team on any given day outside of a healthy, full strength Warriors and maybe Toronto.

So, that's foolish thinking on the Rox part.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi....

But, yeah....

Don't you have o make the playoffs first?

We have another team who thinks they can just flip the switch.

This isn't the East and even the teams that shouldn't be in spitting distance of the playoffs at years end are no easy win in the West....

Outside of the Suns.

Yet, They can beat any team in any given day outside of a healthy, full strength Warriors.

Agree. There is evidence of teams "flipping the switch", but it seems very "Rockets-like" for them to think they are one of those teams. All of the teams in the past that have "flipped the switch" that I can think of, had at least 1 title under their belts before taking that approach.

The Rockets haven't even been to the finals. They should be doing everything in their power to get as high a seed as they can.

Reactions: LAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called off work....not feeling well.....And going to lunch with my oldest sister....was going to leave work a little early to drive to Arcadia and see her new condo since I missed the condo-warming a month or so ago.

No arguing from me today, passive DJ mode.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi....

But, yeah....

Don't you have to make the playoffs first?

Looks like We have another team who thinks they can just flip the switch.

Outside of the Suns.

Yet, They can beat any team on any given day outside of a healthy, full strength Warriors and maybe Toronto.

#TimevindicatestheDeej

:hammer:

Seriously, they could still get it together but something seems really wrong there....the 3% shooting is bad.

@bksballer89 countered me earlier this season (as he usually does since we never agree) saying their defensive efficiency is better than last season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Houston's record without Melo?

He may not have been the issue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TimevindicatestheDeej

:hammer:

Seriously, they could still get it together but something seems really wrong there....the 3% shooting is bad.

@bksballer89 countered me earlier this season (as he usually does since we never agree) saying their defensive efficiency is better than last season.

I never said it was better. Once again, the search bar is your friend so you don't come in here making up lies.

This was my exact quote at that time:

In their last 4 games they have scored 89,80,98, and 96. They did not give up 100+ points in any of those games.

Houston is ranked 27th in OFF EFF while they're ranked 17th in DEF EFF.

Never once said the DEF EFF was better than it was last year.