• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the many reasons I don't care much about college football (yes I know some people are into it especially SEC fans) is that not only does the playoff make the bowl games mean dick, but these days the best players actually sit out the bowl games. It's all so meh. I don't think I would feel that differently if my team was one of the 10 contenders every year. Oh yeah that's another reason, there's only the same 10 teams in the mix every year.

I'm not into it much other than watching Syracuse and the occasional bowl games or big matchups. I'm much more interested in the draft lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Caris, Dinwiddie and Allen should be the guys they build around.

Spencer is an unrestricted free agent next season, so that could be interesting. Allen is on his rookie contract thru 2021 and Caris has one more year before becoming an RFA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets are in, and a lock for a top 4 seed IMO. Ask bksballer I had the Rockets scouted last year this early too :)

LOL. The Rockets were only a measly 3rd seed the year prior. Not a big jump. The Nuggets are coming from 9th and are only 4 games out of returning there. The west is so clumped up right now that nobody is sure thing other than the consensus Warriors.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proves that they can play with the big boys at least in a one game scenario.

I'm not sure if LSU is disappointed with their season.

They started the season at 25 and ended the year in a big bowl game. Not sure what is there to be disappointed about. 9 wins was a good year for them.

The whole disappointed by their season excuse is so freaking lame. Turned down the bowl game then if you're so "disappointed" by your season.

As for Auburn last season, they won the SEC West and had a 10-2 regular season. That's a great year for them

University wants the payday, so they won't turn down a bowl game. Doesn't mean the players will be engaged (or if any draftable players will even play).

Playing with the big boys for one game doesn't prove anything in terms of being good enough for the playoffs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The Rockets were only a measly 3rd seed the year prior. Not a big jump. The Nuggets are coming from 9th and are only 4 games out of returning there. The west is so clumped up right now that nobody is sure thing other than the consensus Warriors.
Disagree on the Nuggets. Calling it now, top 4 seed barring major injury.

My Rockets call last year was because they were actually playing defense, which was weird for a Dantoni team. Picked them to go to the WCF and they of course did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on the Nuggets. Calling it now, top 4 seed barring major injury.

My Rockets call last year was because they were actually playing defense, which was weird for a Dantoni team. Picked them to go to the WCF and they of course did.

The Nuggets team is kinda like that Rockets team. I wouldnt say offensively they are as deadly but they play some great defense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer is an unrestricted free agent next season, so that could be interesting. Allen is on his rookie contract thru 2021 and Caris has one more year before becoming an RFA.
Yeah, Spencer is eligible for an extension starting next week.

But, if they give it to him, I believe it puts them over the cap.

So, do they do it or risk being outbid this Summer?

Magic and Suns are lurking.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University wants the payday, so they won't turn down a bowl game. Doesn't mean the players will be engaged (or if any draftable players will even play).

Playing with the big boys for one game doesn't prove anything in terms of being good enough for the playoffs.

I agree with your last sentence. I don't think they can ever be in the top 4 but if it was a top 8, I think teams like them would get a chance once in a while.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets team is kinda like that Rockets team. I wouldnt say offensively they are as deadly but they play some great defense.

It's still very early, and any injuries of consequence could really shake up things up, especially in the tight West. I don't think anyone is a lock this early in the West outside of the Warriors (would take a rash of injuries to knock them out IMO).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Doesn't Anyone Want to Play with LeBron Anymore?

"If I was a free agent, I would have to consider everything," veteran swingman Trevor Ariza said. "But my role is different than PG and Kawhi. They ask them to do different things than they ask of me. Guys similar to [LeBron], why would they want to play with somebody who does all the same things? I can see why they would want to play elsewhere."

"It depends on what kind of player you are," Durant said. "If you're Kyle Korver, then it makes sense. Because Kyle Korver in Atlanta was the bulk of the offense, and he's not a No. 1 option at all, not even close. So his talents benefit more from a guy who can pass and penetrate and get him open.

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense. Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

Other players at this point, though, may not be willing to trade their stardom for a chance to win a championship with LeBron because it would also mean winning one for LeBron. As one scout said, "Some stars are looking at it and saying, 'Why do I want to add to his legacy?'"

What comes with that is the knowledge that if the team wins, it will be credited mostly to James; and if the team loses, it will be blamed on everyone around him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If I was a free agent, I would have to consider everything," veteran swingman Trevor Ariza said. "But my role is different than PG and Kawhi. They ask them to do different things than they ask of me. Guys similar to [LeBron], why would they want to play with somebody who does all the same things? I can see why they would want to play elsewhere."

"It depends on what kind of player you are," Durant said. "If you're Kyle Korver, then it makes sense. Because Kyle Korver in Atlanta was the bulk of the offense, and he's not a No. 1 option at all, not even close. So his talents benefit more from a guy who can pass and penetrate and get him open.

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense. Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

Other players at this point, though, may not be willing to trade their stardom for a chance to win a championship with LeBron because it would also mean winning one for LeBron. As one scout said, "Some stars are looking at it and saying, 'Why do I want to add to his legacy?'"

What comes with that is the knowledge that if the team wins, it will be credited mostly to James; and if the team loses, it will be blamed on everyone around him.

This is why Dwyane Wade needs WAAAAAY more love for what he sacrificed in Miami. He was in his prime and a top 3-5 player in the NBA at the time. He's almost like an afterthought now for those Miami teams.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't it a good win? Are Durant and Thompson not 2 of the top 15 players in the league?

Let's quit acting like the Warriors are the Suns because they're missing a few players
lol ok.

Why was that not a good win in my opinion? Well let's see...

While they did have KD & Klay they were clearly missing two MAJOR

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't it a good win? Are Durant and Thompson not 2 of the top 15 players in the league?

Let's quit acting like the Warriors are the Suns because they're missing a few players
So, Curry & Dray being out shouldn't be a big deal? You are so ridiculous.

IMO that wasn't a good win for the Raptors when we consider they led the entire game only to go into OT and barley win despite GS being down two of their main rotation guys.

I'm not a betting person, but I'm willing to bet the Raptors didn't go back into the locker room after that game thinking it was a good win. I would imagine it was more along the lines of how did it go to OT when they were in control the entire game without Steph & Dray on the floor.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Boogie can be counted as one of their major pieces until he actually plays in some games, lol. 2019 at least.
Only because he chose GS instead of the Lakers, right? lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only 3 teams you can ASSUME will make the playoffs are the Warriors, Nuggets and Thunder at this point. The Thunder could sustain a major injury to George or RW and still be relatively decent. The Nuggets are deep.

The Clippers are overacheiving, the Lakers are over dependent on LeBron, the Jazz have struggled, the Rockets have struggled, the Grizz are just not that great etc....

I still have a lot of faith in the Jazz and think Korver will help them and that they have had a really tough schedule thus far and I of course believe in the Rockets, and to a certain extent believe in the Blazers.
Yea, if RW goes down so does OKC's season. We saw how badly they looked early this season when they had only PG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Dwyane Wade needs WAAAAAY more love for what he sacrificed in Miami. He was in his prime and a top 3-5 player in the NBA at the time. He's almost like an afterthought now for those Miami teams.
I think it is going to be a lot harder than some people may think to find a 2nd max player to go with LeBron in LA.

We shall see what happens in the offseason- but articles like this succinctly lay out the case why other younger super stars are just not all that interested in playing with LeBron. Not only that, but towards the beginning of next year LeBron will be 35.

If you are say, Kawhi Leonard, do you want to tie your future to LeBron in his age 35, 36, 37 seasons?

It will be fascinating to watch and see what happens.

If you were to just flat out guess right now @CitySushi , who do the Lakers sign in the offseason? Out of Durant, Klay, Kyrie, Butler, Kawhi, Kemba, Cousins, Middleton, Horford, etc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the most underrated players of all-time. 3 best SG of all-time imo

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is the reason I think if KD decides to leave GS he wouldn't be going to the Lakers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wade wanted to play with LBJ rather than against him (being that they were in the same conference) which would also gain him more titles in the process. If you ask me, it was a pretty smart plan. :D

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wade wanted to play with LBJ rather than against him (being that they were in the same conference) which would also gain him more titles in the process. If you ask me, it was a pretty smart plan. :D

Well of course he wanted to play with him. At the time it was forseen the difficulty they would have meshing together. It's why they didn't win the ship their first year as a "superteam". But it shouldn't take away from the fact that Wade had to majorly step back from his role and adjust to playing with Lebron, rather than the other way around.