• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. You can have the earlier rounds played at the home field of the higher ranked team with NC at a neutral site.

The home teams stadium would have plenty of attendance. For the visiting teams fans, it wouldn't be quite as easy as a regular season game because they may have to travel farther, but it wouldn't be that much more difficult.

It would certainly be easier than having to travel to 3 or 4 different neutral site games.

That would work, but ive never seen it proposed that way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the biggest difference between that and the basketball tourney is that the basketball tourney is typically in 1 venue for a couple of rounds at a time and, as much as possible, they try to keep teams within their own region.

So, for a USC fan like myself, if the basketball team is in the tourney and the first couple of rounds are in Anaheim (as they apparently are this year) and USC is placed in the west region, I can easily make those games and only have to plan for travel if they advance past the first couple of rounds. In fact, depending on the time of the game, I could work a full day, drive to the game after work, drive home after the game and still be in bed by 10:00 pm. lol

On the other hand, if they are in the football playoff and have to travel the East for a game and then have another game the next week in the Midwest or deep south, that becomes more problematic and expensive.

I do agree though that the NCAA is no longer about the athletes or fans...it's about money (which is another reason I think a move to 8 is inevitable).

Plus in basketball, once a team is emiminated, the fans of that team want to sell their tickets to fans of the teams advancing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they beat LSU then their fans will only get louder.

That will be B2B New Year 6 bowl wins vs Auburn and LSU

Yeah....and considering we got waxed by LSU in Dallas (had front row seats to that abortion), I wouldn't hear the end of it. Is it bad that I routinely cheer against my alma mater?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings held the Suns to 9 points in the first quarter and lead by 28 at halftime....and yet I still don't feel 100% confident that they'll win the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've loved for UCF to get in, because I just want UCF fans to shut up. Those dudes talk a big game, but I mentioned that they should play Bama then they all of a sudden make note of why they should be taking on OU or Notre Dame. Those guys want the easiest path to a national title as possible. But even at 8-teams, I'd still remain skeptical on UCF getting in most years given their schedule.

Most years they wouldn't get in. But I think that they'd definitely be in this year and probably last year too.

You should tell them that no matter what, it they want an NC, they'll eventually have to beat Bama anyway. Might as well get it out of the way asap. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work, but ive never seen it proposed that way.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure that I have either. Most of the ideas I've seen have been about trying to incorporate the bowl games into it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings held the Suns to 9 points in the first quarter and lead by 28 at halftime....and yet I still don't feel 100% confident that they'll win the game.
The Ballad Of The Die Hard Kings Fan

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mention it, I'm not sure that I have either. Most of the ideas I've seen have been about trying to incorporate the bowl games into it.

That's what I've seen, and then it won't work as far as teams being able to be represented by their fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. You can have the earlier rounds played at the home field of the higher ranked team with NC at a neutral site.

The home teams stadium would have plenty of attendance. For the visiting teams fans, it wouldn't be quite as easy as a regular season game because they may have to travel farther, but it wouldn't be that much more difficult.

It would certainly be easier than having to travel to 3 or 4 different neutral site games.
the thing i would like about this "home team" idea is that it would be a LOT of fun to see warm-weather teams actually have to come to the Shoe and play in December or January.

Instead of playing- say the Sugar Bowl in fucking New Orleans and playing LSU like the Buckeyes had to do in a title game- we could see a team like LSU or Stanford or Georgia or USC or Clemson or Miami have to go to the Shoe in December.

Id love to see Clemson have to come to Columbus and play in 25 degree weather with some snow falling and see how they deal with it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are quietly being one of the bigger disappointments in the league.

Lots of time to turn it around of course, but I saw them as a 45-50 win team.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are quietly being one of the bigger disappointments in the league.

Lots of time to turn it around of course, but I saw them as a 45-50 win team.

It is over. 45-50 wins is out of the picture

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo in news that should surprise no one, Markelle Fultz's agent said that Fultz has been diagnosed wth Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

Thoracic outlet syndrome - Symptoms and causes

Allegedly it is treatable with physical therapy and does not require surgery.

The soap opera that will never end.
My son is a college baseball player, he had to have thoracic outlet surgery. If Fultz ends up having to have surgery he's looking at 6 months

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the cost.
Its the planning.
How do you book hotels, flights and buy tickets if you arent sure if and where you will be playing?

That doesn't matter.

Every single major sport at both the college and pro levels have some type of national championship playoff that extends beyond 4 teams. That is all except D1 football.

If every other sport can make it work so can they. Baseball and basketball make it work. D1AA and D3 football makes it work.

I don't see anybody suggesting the NCAA basketball tournament should be limited to 4 or even 16 teams because of fan travel logistics. That is crazy.

Stop making excuses for what is clearly a bunch of stodgy power hungry aholes who don't want to give up control of their cash cow by expanding it and letting more people in on the action. There is no legitimate downside to playoff expansion to 8 teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I've seen, and then it won't work as far as teams being able to be represented by their fans.

I think it could work either way, but I don't really care how it gets done as long as it does.

That said, I would say semis should also be in neutral site. Just the round of 8 would be hosted by the top seed. Still gives a large advantage to the top 4, but gives others a shot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good win against the Dubs who were without 3 of their major pieces (Curry, Dray & Boogie)?? :dhd:

Don't think Boogie can be counted as one of their major pieces until he actually plays in some games, lol. 2019 at least.