• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not take away the importance of the regular season at all. We are talking about 8 teams from all of division 1.

Where is the importance of the regular season for Ohio State and UCF? Are you telling me neither of those teams is deserving of a shot?

All the power conference champs should be in and that is mathematically impossible with the current system. So yeah, they need to expand.

UCF? They need to schedule tougher games out of conference or they will never be taken seriously. 83rd toughest schedule out of 130 teams.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so surprisingly......the best part?

The maple.

I thought the maple was a bit much. Maybe if they added some heat to the maple (maybe I should've ordered it with spicy chicken instead of homestyle).

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the maple was a bit much. Maybe if they added some heat to the maple (maybe I should've ordered it with spicy chicken instead of homestyle).

They needed the maple to make it sweet and savory....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed the maple to make it sweet and savory....

Tried the chicken and waffles from KFC. Not near as good as Roscoe's (or even mine when I make it at home), but a solid effort and would get them again.

I recommend a little Franks Red Hot on them as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried the chicken and waffles from KFC. Not near as good as Roscoe's (or even mine when I make it at home), but a solid effort and would get them again.

I recommend a little Franks Red Hot on them as well.

I was very disappointed that KFC no longer had the boneless chicken breasts. Tenders are OK, but often not much to them beyond the batter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF? They need to schedule tougher games out of conference or they will never be taken seriously. 83rd toughest schedule out of 130 teams.

This is another reason why I favor an 8 team playoff. I agree that UCF needs to schedule better in OOC in order to prove themselves under the current system.

The problem, imo, is that it's a lot easier for them to say than do. Look at Boise when they were having their run. They won bowl games vs. P5 programs, scheduled a couple of P5 programs (most notably Oregon) and won those. Suddenly, no one wanted to play them.

For the top level teams, there's no real incentive to schedule a team like UCF because if they win by a couple of touchdowns, they did what they were supposed to do, so it doesn't really help them.

But if they lose or even if the game is close, it hurts them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another reason why I favor an 8 team playoff. I agree that UCF needs to schedule better in OOC in order to prove themselves under the current system.

The problem, imo, is that it's a lot easier for them to say than do. Look at Boise when they were having their run. They won bowl games vs. P5 programs, scheduled a couple of P5 programs (most notably Oregon) and won those. Suddenly, no one wanted to play them.

For the top level teams, there's no real incentive to schedule a team like UCF because if they win by a couple of touchdowns, they did what they were supposed to do, so it doesn't really help them.

But if they lose or even if the game is close, it hurts them.

They can do better than North Carolina and Cincinnati though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very disappointed that KFC no longer had the boneless chicken breasts. Tenders are OK, but often not much to them beyond the batter.

Yeah, I usually go to Popeyes. I like their spicy chicken and their sides are a lot better, imo.

But when I saw KFC had chicken and waffles, I had to try them. They offer it with 3 tenders, or a leg and thigh, or 1 breast. Went with the tenders and agre re: the batter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can do better than North Carolina and Cincinnati though.

Maybe. Boise couldn't once they actually became a threat.

To be fair, some of that may have been on Boise. They got a little big for their britches and started demanding home and homes even though their stadium wasn't very big (at least stadium size was the excuse that the big schools were using lol).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

Every other level of college football has a playoff.

Take away a regular season game if you want. But a 8 game, 3 team playoff would be easy to do.

Round 1 the week between Xmas and New Years, round 2 the week after, and round 3 when the championship normally is. No impact whatsoever on exams, or even the spring semester for most schools.

Semi-related note: I HATE the gap between the regular season and bowl season. The outcome of bowl games often has little continuity with the regular season due to the month of prep. Well coached teams are over-prepared, and disappointed teams just took a month off ignoring their coaches. I understand the timing re: exams, but I have the extra week before the super bowl too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Boise couldn't once they actually became a threat.

To be fair, some of that may have been on Boise. They got a little big for their britches and started demanding home and homes even though their stadium wasn't very big (at least stadium size was the excuse that the big schools were using lol).

Teams didn't want to damage their vision playing in Smurfville.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could move back. Spent about 6 months there in 97/98.
Last time I was there it was very tough to leave, need to be ready to stay when I get back.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, in Orlando.

Boy did the Magic Shit the bed trading those 2.

I know I got blasted for saying I didn't want Kevin Durant on the Pacers, but frankly he would just be a short-term band-aid. Because we would not be a championship team even if he wanted to come here, and KD himself even said he plans to retire by 35.

If we're not going to win a championship in the near future as it stands, wouldn't it make more sense to bring in someone that could grow with the team???

Harris fits the age and chemistry of the Pacers roster and Durant doesn't. Not exactly rocket science...
Come on Clippers...Start losing soon. :clap::yahoo:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible finals preview tonight between Raptors and Nuggets. Raptors got a good win vs. the Warriors on Thursday, see if they can get the win vs. Denver tonight.
That was a good win against the Dubs who were without 3 of their major pieces (Curry, Dray & Boogie)?? :dhd:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good win against the Dubs who were without 3 of their major pieces (Curry, Dray & Boogie)?? :dhd:
Still a W