• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone’s talking about the knicks as the NY destination but Brookly could be the dark horse. Any early words out there about potential FA targets, non KD category?

Kyrie is the main one. Before that Butler trade, there was talk about signing both so I have to think they will go hard after Kyrie.

I could see them going after Kemba and maybe Middleton.

Kemba is a NYC kid and if he doesn't resign with Charlotte then I won't be surprised if he signs with one of the NY teams.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone’s talking about the knicks as the NY destination but Brookly could be the dark horse. Any early words out there about potential FA targets, non KD category?

Forget non-KD category. Brooklyn could legit be the spot KD lands. Apparently he and Levert have become pretty good friends. They've worked out over some offseasons and KD has become a mentor of sorts to him. With some solid young players (Levert, Allen, maybe D'Lo if he's still around) and enough room to accommodate more pieces to go along with KD, it could be a very attractive spot to him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

Every other level of college football has a playoff.

Take away a regular season game if you want. But a 8 game, 3 team playoff would be easy to do.

Round 1 the week between Xmas and New Years, round 2 the week after, and round 3 when the championship normally is. No impact whatsoever on exams, or even the spring semester for most schools.

Problem is selling tickets to fans of the potential teams involved.
You have to consider travel, hotels, game tickets purchasing, etc.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The biggest problem, imo, is that we have 5 major conferences and only 4 playoff spots. So one conference champion gets left out no matter what. Some years (like last year) 2 get left out and had the committee gone with UGA, we would have had 3 left out this year.

By expanding to 8 (I don't see it ever going to 16) you incorporate all 5 conference champs and leave room for 3 "at large" teams. So you could give UGA a shot and also maybe give a shot to a team like UCF.

The problem with the logic of not expanding is in your "UGA is without a doubt a top 4 team in the country" statement.

If the point is to determine the #1 team in the country and you have a 4 team playoff, but a team that is a top 4 team is left out...you aren't deciding who's number 1 by playing off the 4 best teams.

Because you have enough data points on UGA to determine that they're not a #1 team. UGA lost by 30 to LSU and then had a chance to beat Bama, but lost. They have 2 losses. UGA looks better than Notre Dame, and to a lesser extent OU. But we haven't seen them against Bama (although I feel Bama would flat out destroy Notre Dame like they did in 2012). Also, conference champions shouldn't get an automatic bid. Sure, in your scenario, UCF would and should get a shot. But I'm not allowing the Pac 12 conference in this year because UW has 3 losses. I also feel that expanding this out takes away a bit from the overall importance of regular season wins. It used to be where 1 loss was the equivalent of a death blow. Now, it's not as critical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you have enough data points on UGA to determine that they're not a #1 team. UGA lost by 30 to LSU and then had a chance to beat Bama, but lost. They have 2 losses. UGA looks better than Notre Dame, and to a lesser extent OU. But we haven't seen them against Bama (although I feel Bama would flat out destroy Notre Dame like they did in 2012). Also, conference champions shouldn't get an automatic bid. Sure, in your scenario, UCF would and should get a shot. But I'm not allowing the Pac 12 conference in this year because UW has 3 losses. I also feel that expanding this out takes away a bit from the overall importance of regular season wins. It used to be where 1 loss was the equivalent of a death blow. Now, it's not as critical.
sounds like Urban is retiring at tOSU

if he goes itll be a bummmer, but it is what it is.

7 years at Ohio State, 7-0 vs. Michigan and a National Title. Honestly 7 years is longer than i initially expected when he signed here.

By far the biggest regret is the loss against Michigan State that kept them out of the CFP the year after they won it- since that team was one of the most talented college football teams of all time if you ask me.

But to go from the Vest to Urban was great.

I am not exactly thrilled about Daye just being handedd the reigns to a top 3 program in college football, but i think he deserves the chance. There will be a LOT of pressure on him next year to beat Michigan.

Harbaugh is crying tears of joy this morning that is for damn sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like 4 as well. If you go to anymore than the regular season loses a lot of its value.

Sorry but not really sorry a team like UCF does not get a chance.

The Big Ten Champ missed out again- a 1 loss Ohio State team and its a bummer but i think it was probably the right decision, though as i said- straight up i think they beat Notre Dame and probably OU as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like 4 as well. If you go to anymore than the regular season loses a lot of its value.

The Big Ten Champ missed out again- a 1 loss Ohio State team and its a bummer but i think it was probably the right decision, though as i said- straight up i think they beat Notre Dame and probably OU as well.

College football should have a 16 playoff. 10 conference champions plus 6 at large bids.

Or, if that is too much, 10 conference champions plus 3 at large bids. Top 3 teams get a bye.

IMO, every conference champion should be given a chance at the title. Even if they have no actual chance of winning it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football should have a 16 playoff. 10 conference champions plus 6 at large bids.

Or, if that is too much, 10 conference champions plus 3 at large bids. Top 3 teams get a bye.

IMO, every conference champion should be given a chance at the title. Even if they have no actual chance of winning it.
just makes the season so long though and erodes the importance of the regular season.

It would be fun- dont get me wrong- but its hard to ask college athletes to play so many freaking games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just makes the season so long though and erodes the importance of the regular season.

It would be fun- dont get me wrong- but its hard to ask college athletes to play so many freaking games.

The FCS has 8 teams in its playoff. College basketball has a month and a half of tournaments.

How bout colleges get rid of the ridiculous money grab games against FCS teams and shorten their regular season.

I don't see how this makes the regular season less important. It makes conference games super important.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to UCF, I have to hear it everyday from UCF fans on how deserving they are. The funny thing about our conversations is they typically go like this:

UCF Fans: We should be in the playoffs. This is BS!
Me: Ok, who do you think UCF should get in over?
UCF Fans: Notre Dame. They're the worst team of the 4.
Me: Ok, so you're going to take an undefeated P5 team out of the playoffs.
UCF Fans: Bro, their schedule was weak this year.
Me: *Blank stare*

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Urban is retiring at tOSU

if he goes itll be a bummmer, but it is what it is.

7 years at Ohio State, 7-0 vs. Michigan and a National Title. Honestly 7 years is longer than i initially expected when he signed here.

By far the biggest regret is the loss against Michigan State that kept them out of the CFP the year after they won it- since that team was one of the most talented college football teams of all time if you ask me.

But to go from the Vest to Urban was great.

I am not exactly thrilled about Daye just being handedd the reigns to a top 3 program in college football, but i think he deserves the chance. There will be a LOT of pressure on him next year to beat Michigan.

Harbaugh is crying tears of joy this morning that is for damn sure.

I think Ohio State will be fine in the grand scheme of things. Ryan Day is going to have growing pains, but, it sounds like he has the blessing of the presidents, board, etc... Ohio State recruits itself and already has a solid foundation in place. I sure would've loved to have been an Ohio State fan where your worst year was 7-6 where it was a transition from Tressell (had him for over a decade) to Urban Meyer.

Having said that, and I'm calling it now, Urban's going to be the HC for USC in 2020.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy P isn't on a team......he do something in the off-season to get blackballed from the League.....?????

He's not great but at 33 he could still provide scoring punch off the bench as a 7th or 8th man. Definitely, a capable rotation guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ohio State will be fine in the grand scheme of things. Ryan Day is going to have growing pains, but, it sounds like he has the blessing of the presidents, board, etc... Ohio State recruits itself and already has a solid foundation in place. I sure would've loved to have been an Ohio State fan where your worst year was 7-6 where it was a transition from Tressell (had him for over a decade) to Urban Meyer.

Having said that, and I'm calling it now, Urban's going to be the HC for USC in 2020.
it wouldnt surprise me......all though i dont think it will happen- as his family is from Ohio etc....it wouldnt surprise me. If his brain cyst is as serious as i have been hearing, where he has literally went to his knees on the sidelines at times, its hard for me to believe he wants all this stress. If he could truly just deal with it i think he would have done 1 more year at OSU and then called it. I think thats what most people expected.

USC would be interesting- more laid back out there, easier conference, less rabid fan base.

We shall see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am a little bummed they didnt look at Matt Campbell.

They must like Day though- and he obviously has a relationship already with the recruits.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for basketball

fucking Cavs won

these fuckers better make sure they are one of the 3 worst teams in the league. I didnt think i would ahve much to worry about, but we shall see - esp. when Love comes back.

The 3 worst teams all ahve the same lotto odds so lets hope they fucking end as a top 3 worst team and can get Zion, Reddish or Barrett.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Daniels is an analyst? LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for basketball

fucking Cavs won

these fuckers better make sure they are one of the 3 worst teams in the league. I didnt think i would ahve much to worry about, but we shall see - esp. when Love comes back.

The 3 worst teams all ahve the same lotto odds so lets hope they fucking end as a top 3 worst team and can get Zion, Reddish or Barrett.

Cedi owns what......your nuts?