• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, to me it goes without saying injuries can change everything. When we play prediction games don't we automatically assume we're talking about the team being healthy? If healthy Denver is a top 4 lock.

And the Warriors are not as robust as you say. We just saw without one guy, Curry, they are very beatable.
I have to agree about Denver. I think they are real contenders this season. I can see them seeding top 5 this season.

As far as the Dubs, the expectation of some (or maybe just one) is they should still be unbeatable even when key guys are hurt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree about Denver. I think they are real contenders this season. I can see them seeding top 5 this season.

As far as the Dubs, the expectation of some (or maybe just one) is they should still be unbeatable even when key guys are hurt.

Agree on Denver.

As for the Dubs. I think there are a couple of things that have to be considered.

They have essentially 4 all stars, but their 2 best are Steph and KD. As long as they don't lose both Steph and KD, they should be able to withstand the loss of 2 of them better than they did.

Which brings me to the 2nd thing to consider...the Warriors know that getting to the playoffs rested and healthy is more important than seeding. So they may not have been playing with the same kind of urgency while Steph and Dray were out that they'd have if it were the playoffs and they lost them.

In short, I'm not sure that how the Warriors played while Steph and Dray were out really means very much.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Denver.

As for the Dubs. I think there are a couple of things that have to be considered.

They have essentially 4 all stars, but their 2 best are Steph and KD. As long as they don't lose both Steph and KD, they should be able to withstand the loss of 2 of them better than they did.

Which brings me to the 2nd thing to consider...the Warriors know that getting to the playoffs rested and healthy is more important than seeding. So they may not have been playing with the same kind of urgency while Steph and Dray were out that they'd have if it were the playoffs and they lost them.

In short, I'm not sure that how the Warriors played while Steph and Dray were out really means very much.
We've seen KD & Klay do well in the past without Steph. IMO the difference this time is that Dray was also out. I think Dray is the wild card because he literally impacts the game on both sides of the floor. A good example of this is how we see Klay handling the ball more, bringing the ball up the floor after a made basket. That is not what he does well & takes him out of his normal routine IMO since he's not really good at passing or dribbling. lol

Add to that there isn't another player on that roster that can fill Dray's shoes (e.g. KD can fill in for Steph in terms of carrying the team, Steph can fill in for Klay in terms of shooting...etc.). Dray + one of their stars out for a lengthy period of time makes them very vulnerable.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. Point was the Warriors should still be a good team without those guys. Durant and Klay are 2 of the top 15 players in the league.

Not many teams can say they have 2 top 15 players on their roster.

Yep. Who are the teams that could be in the discussion of having multiple top-15 players?

- Warriors (Durant, Curry, Klay) (Boogie and Dray are arguable as well)
- Thunder (Westbrook, George)
- Rockets (Harden, Paul)
- Raptors (Kawhi, Lowry)
- 76ers (Embiid, Butler)

That's about all I can think of.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because he chose GS instead of the Lakers, right? lol

No. Because he's injured. I would only have considered him for the Lakers this year on a bargain, prove-it deal, and even then only if all other targets dried up. He's a cancer until proven otherwise IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, to me it goes without saying injuries can change everything. When we play prediction games don't we automatically assume we're talking about the team being healthy? If healthy Denver is a top 4 lock.

And the Warriors are not as robust as you say. We just saw without one guy, Curry, they are very beatable.

I simply disagree about Denver (and GS).

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Because he's injured. I would only have considered him for the Lakers this year on a bargain, prove-it deal,
Kind of like that 5mil deal he made with GS?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a similar article quoting Durant, but also other players saying the same thing---

Why Doesn't Anyone Want to Play with LeBron Anymore?

as we are seeing in LA, as itwas in CLE and MIA- its LeBron's show.....you will get all the blame and little of the credit, and have to sacrifice your own game to a large extent.

young guys just dont seem that interested in doing that as maybe they once used to it seems.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Who are the teams that could be in the discussion of having multiple top-15 players?

- Rockets (Harden, Paul)
- Raptors (Kawhi, Lowry)
- 76ers (Embiid, Butler)

Are all 13 of those guys top 15? I don't think so. No Antetokoumpo, AD, and Lebron just to name 3 definite top 10 players. Maybe Dame as well? Lowry, Klay, Boogie and Dray definitely not. George and Butler are around 15.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like that 5mil deal he made with GS?

Yes, but that deal wasn't offered to everyone. When he didn't get offers he liked, he went to GS and offered them that deal. Again, we don't know how much he can even play this year, and at what level. At that cost, it's a solid risk to take.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. That "they didn't want to be there/they were disappointed" nonsense was started by SEC fans a couple of years or so ago when the conference didn't perform as well as expected during bowl season.

If a team can't get themselves up to win their bowl game against a supposedly inferior opponent to have a positive end to their season, then that doesn't say much about their team or their coaches. And it certainly doesn't downgrade the opponents win.

Bowl season doesn't accurately represent what the teams were throughout the season. A month's rest can be great or awful for a team, and a month to focus on one opponent is ridiculous as well.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Rockets (Harden, Paul)
- Raptors (Kawhi, Lowry)
- 76ers (Embiid, Butler)

Hmmm, you think Lowry is a top 15 player? I think it's DeRozen. And if Kawhi & Lowry make it then we probably have a case for LA & DeRozen.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are all 13 of those guys top 15? I don't think so. No Antetokoumpo, AD, and Lebron just to name 3 definite top 10 players. Maybe Dame as well? Lowry, Klay, Boogie and Dray definitely not. George and Butler are around 15.
yeah most of those guys are debatable. I was trying to think of any teams you could make an argument for having more than 1 top-15 guy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, you think Lowry is a top 15 player? I think it's DeRozen. And if Kawhi & Lowry make it then we probably have a case for LA & DeRozen.

Borderline. Before this season I would've said "no", but he's been top-15 this year so far.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed re Lowry. Dray is definitely top 15 but on defense. Klay would be questionable if he played on any other team than GS. Boogie?? He definitely was top 15 prior to his injury...and could possibly get back to that level over time.

There was no mention of LBJ, AD or Giannis because the debate if teams with TWO top 15 players on one team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will get all the blame

I've been seeing this a lot today "LeBron's teammates get all the blame".

I don't think its accurate at all.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 are all proof that that's just not true. When LeBron deserves blame, he gets it in heaps and bounds, as he should. That's part of being the best player on a team.

It just so happens that since 2011, LeBron hasn't lost a series without playing very, very, very well. And all of his series losses since then have come to very, very, very good teams.

Recently, his teammates have gotten more blame than him because it was deserved, not because its some theme with him.

If LeBron has a mediocre series in the 1st round and the Lakers go down to the Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies... you really think his teammates are getting one ounce of blame?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but that deal wasn't offered to everyone. When he didn't get offers he liked, he went to GS and offered them that deal. Again, we don't know how much he can even play this year, and at what level. At that cost, it's a solid risk to take.
There wasn't talk between his camp & the Lakers FO on him possibly joining the squad?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borderline. Before this season I would've said "no", but he's been top-15 this year so far.
Ehhh, he's been mediocre for so many season's in the past that he has a lot of ground to make up IMO before he can even be considered for that list. Plus, there are still so many other guys that can easily be listed before him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh, he's been mediocre for so many season's in the past that he has a lot of ground to make up IMO before he can even be considered for that list. Plus, there are still so many other guys that can easily be listed before him.
thats fair

Reactions: LAD