• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been seeing this a lot today "LeBron's teammates get all the blame".

I don't think its accurate at all.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 are all proof that that's just not true. When LeBron deserves blame, he gets it in heaps and bounds, as he should. That's part of being the best player on a team.

It just so happens that since 2011, LeBron hasn't lost a series without playing very, very, very well. And all of his series losses since then have come to very, very, very good teams.

Recently, his teammates have gotten more blame than him because it was deserved, not because its some theme with him.

If LeBron has a mediocre series in the 1st round and the Lakers go down to the Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies... you really think his teammates are getting one ounce of blame?
Agreed.

I am wondering if that opinion of him is in reference to him throwing his team mates under the bus from time to time and/or his passive aggressive social media & presser comments.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed re Lowry. Dray is definitely top 15 but on defense. Klay would be questionable if he played on any other team than GS. Boogie?? He definitely was top 15 prior to his injury...and could possibly get back to that level over time.

There was no mention of LBJ, AD or Giannis because the debate if teams with TWO top 15 players on one team.

I mentioned them because there 13 players listed as being top 15 without naming them (or Dame, or your suggestion Derozan). Where do you rank someone like Nokic?

I simply don't value Boogie like you do. He gets stats....and rarely wins. Sure, that will change on the Warriors, but will he actually fit, how much will he actually play, etc?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Denver healthy is a playoff team?

I think right now there are only 4 games separating 1st from 9th. There are too many teams in the mix right now to tell who is for real.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn't talk between his camp & the Lakers FO on him possibly joining the squad?

There may have been, but I don't think it was at that number (and the Lakers were still trying to keep Randle I believe).

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned them because there 13 players listed as being top 15 without naming them (or Dame, or your suggestion Derozan). Where do you rank someone like Nokic?

I simply don't value Boogie like you do. He gets stats....and rarely wins. Sure, that will change on the Warriors, but will he actually fit, how much will he actually play, etc?
Well I don't think Dame is a top 15 player so that's why I completely skipped over him. I'm not disagreeing that your list (excluding Dame) are top 15 - just saying that the debate was teams with two or more players in that category. Neither LBJ, Giannis or AD's teams have that.

Regarding Boogie, I don't think I'm alone when I say he was a top 15 player prior to his injury. I think though for some people his actual talent is lost behind his attitude & inability to keep his temper in check. But if you strip those two things & actually watch him play it's hard to miss.

Time will tell once he's back. Like you said it was a small risk gamble to get him. But if he's able to come back @ even 80% watch out. The second half of the season is going to be tough for the rest of the WC in particular.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think right now there are only 4 games separating 1st from 9th. There are too many teams in the mix right now to tell who is for real.
You could use your eyes and look at the rosters and not just the current standings....

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could use your eyes and look at the rosters and not just the current standings....
Looking at the teams, I might have the Nuggets as the 3rd best in the West behind the Warriors and Thunder. I also thought the Rockets would be better but there is still time for them to make the playoffs and even get a top 4 seed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s fucking raining 3’s in this bitch lolz

Up 6 at half and Curry has 25. That’s crazy. I expect GS to pull away in the 2nd half bc that’s what the Cavs have done all year. Get up early and lose in the 2nd half

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s fucking raining 3’s in this bitch lolz

Up 6 at half and Curry has 25. That’s crazy. I expect GS to pull away in the 2nd half bc that’s what the Cavs have done all year. Get up early and lose in the 2nd half

Cavs are just better than GS at this point in our rebuild lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question. Gun to my head I think Klay, Middleton and Horford are the ideal guys for the Lakers to go after. Lebron needs ancillary players who are able to play their roles perfectly. Those guys wouldn't really have to adjust their games to play along Lebron and still thrive. Butler, KD, Kawhi, Kemba, Kyrie, etc, all would have to have major adjustments to how they play.

Boogie is still an option, but the Lakers weren't willing to give him a deal before he went to the Warriors (which he inquired and the Lakers declined due to his injury). That could also be a factor with his free agency with respects to the Lakers as well.

It's kind of funny because I think Julius Randle would be great with Lebron right now as a running 3/4 tandem.

If KD leaves, I see him wanting to build his own squad. Brooklyn or NY would be ideal destinations. Big markets for his Nike endorsements and also the cap space to make things happen to suit Durant. I really can't see Kemba or Kawhi leaving their situations right now. Butler is more in the air.

KD, Porzy, and Wall in NY would be a pretty good trio IMO.

If NY could swing the trade for Wall....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 are all proof that that's just not true. When LeBron deserves blame, he gets it in heaps and bounds, as he should. That's part of being the best player on a team.

It just so happens that since 2011, LeBron hasn't lost a series without playing very, very, very well. And all of his series losses since then have come to very, very, very good teams.

Recently, his teammates have gotten more blame than him because it was deserved, not because its some theme with him.

If LeBron has a mediocre series in the 1st round and the Lakers go down to the Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies... you really think his teammates are getting one ounce of blame?

No. They'll go get LeBron some more help, a 2nd max guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was expected. Gotta have an amazing 4th lolz

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl season doesn't accurately represent what the teams were throughout the season. A month's rest can be great or awful for a team, and a month to focus on one opponent is ridiculous as well.

Just more excuses.

It's the same situations for both teams. They both have the same layoff and the same time to prepare. There is absolutely no reason that a higher ranked/better team can't prepare at least as well as the lower ranked team.

If they can't, they aren't as good as they thought.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

I am wondering if that opinion of him is in reference to him throwing his team mates under the bus from time to time and/or his passive aggressive social media & presser comments.

Yeah, thinking about it, I agree re: Lebron and blame. When the Heat lost to the Mavs, Lebron got destroyed. Everyone and their brother was calling him out.

Remember the "Never ask Lebron for change for a dollar because you'll only get 3 quarters back" type jokes? I do. I was making a lot of them. lol

Hell, he even got criticized after the 2 they won. Folks saying they should have an asterisk and that Ray Allen bailed him out.

The last 3 that he lost...can't really be put on him. In the first 2, folks were talking about the possibility of the MVP coming from the losing team. The only reason it wasn't talked about last year was because the Cavs got swept.

I think LAD's explanation is probably closer to the reason. He has been known to take cryptic and/or passive aggressive shots at his teammates. Could come back to bite him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors playing like dog shit, Kawhi is carrying this team way too much lately.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild finish in Brooklyn