• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, there are no guarantees about anything. The reason to start over with youngsters would be because of credit for winning.

With the Warriors he has a great situation, but he also doesn't really get credit for them winning titles because he joined a team that had already been to 2 finals and won 1. Heck, some have suggested that going to the Warriors actually diminishes his perceived greatness.

If he goes to a team of youngsters, doesn't necessarily have to be the Lakers, then he is the team leader and gets a lot more of the credit if they win a title.

I know why it works with the Warriors. I disagree to a point re: Lebron. Paul George staying in OKC, according to him, had to do with the Lakers not trading for him and nothing to do with Lebron.

To my knowledge, Kawhi hasn't said anything one way or the other. He's not in Toronto because he didn't want to play with Lebron. He's in Toronto because the Spurs weren't going to send their best player to a rival.

The only player that I've heard saying he didn't want to play with Lebron was Butler...who would be pretty far down the Lakers wish list any way.

Some of you Warriors fans crack me up. 2 years ago, no one (including most Warriors fans) thought there was any chance you'd have KD. Now suddenly, there's no way he'll leave.

The Warriors and some of their key players are about to have to make some very tough financial decisions. Klay has apparently already said, he's not giving a discount. If KD, etc. take the same approach....it's going to be unbelievably expensive to keep the team together. Even if everyone gave a discount, how big a discount will they be willing to take and will it be enough to keep the band together?
See, the problem with your theory of wanting "credit" is KD jus wants to WIN. He's already said he doesn't need the credit. So again, why would he leave his current situation to play in LA?

To your point about LBJ, if KD wanted to play with him so badly why do you think he didn't push for that during his FA? Only common sense answer is because he didn't want to.

Regarding Butler, you already know what I think about him & his lacking leadership skills.

Warriors fans crack you up? Lakers get LBJ & all of a sudden every top player should want to play in LA? lol Of course we couldn't foresee KD coming to GS, but he did. Now Laker fans think he wants to bolt to LA just to play with LBJ & do the heavy lifting? If so clearly you don't understand the reason he left OKC. None of us said there's no way he'd leave. We clearly say there's no way he wants to play with LBJ in LA. Those are two different things my friend.

As far as what is actually on the record as a quote from Klay is, he's WILLING to give the team a small discount. Everything else (unless you can provide a quote from Klay saying otherwise) is just the opinion of dreamers. I get why most are focusing on Klay other than the obvious reason of his looming FA. He is 1/3 of GS's offensive threat...and without him it would give the rest of the league a chance at actually dethroning them. But given the history we've seen play out on the court, where is the indication he'd even go to LA?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also wasn't used as much during the playoffs and wasn't invited back.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but since winning their back 2 back titles LA FO hasn't been too prideful in taking on a former Warrior - whom happens to have a worse reputation than Swaggy, ahem, McGee.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the problem with your theory of wanting "credit" is KD jus wants to WIN. He's already said he doesn't need the credit. So again, why would he leave his current situation to play in LA?

To your point about LBJ, if KD wanted to play with him so badly why do you think he didn't push for that during his FA? Only common sense answer is because he didn't want to.

Regarding Butler, you already know what I think about him & his lacking leadership skills.

Warriors fans crack you up? Lakers get LBJ & all of a sudden every top player should want to play in LA? lol Of course we couldn't foresee KD coming to GS, but he did. Now Laker fans think he wants to bolt to LA just to play with LBJ & do the heavy lifting? If so clearly you don't understand the reason he left OKC. None of us said there's no way he'd leave. We clearly say there's no way he wants to play with LBJ in LA. Those are two different things my friend.

As far as what is actually on the record as a quote from Klay is, he's WILLING to give the team a small discount. Everything else (unless you can provide a quote from Klay saying otherwise) is just the opinion of dreamers. I get why most are focusing on Klay other than the obvious reason of his looming FA. He is 1/3 of GS's offensive threat...and without him it would give the rest of the league a chance at actually dethroning them. But given the history we've seen play out on the court, where is the indication he'd even go to LA?
it does not seem that guys are falling over themselves to join a 34 year old LeBron and deal with his ego, a reduction of their role, and the media circus that would go with playing with LeBron that is only magnified now that he is in LA.

If say Kawhi has to choose between the circus that is LA with LeBron- or say going to paly with Butler and Tobias Harris and Lou Williams in LAC, i mean- i can see why he would choose LAC.

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but since winning their back 2 back titles LA FO hasn't been too prideful in taking on a former Warrior - whom happens to have a worse reputation than Swaggy, ahem, McGee.

I was just wondering since you've dumped the Lakers as your team what does your screen name mean now, L.A. Dodgers?:heh: I mean how have you been? Welp I better get outta here. I gotta plane to catch. Adios!

:plane:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

If you're willing to get a # 23 Lakers jeresy I'll do the unthinkable & get a Lakers jersey also. But it can only be of 1 player. The bestest damn dancer to ever play for the Purple 'n Gold.

tenor.gif

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

If you're willing to get a # 23 Lakers jeresy I'll do the unthinkable & get a Lakers jersey also. But it can only be of 1 player. The bestest damn dancer to ever play for the Purple 'n Gold.

guess you won't be getting that Mark Madsen jersey any time soon, then...

sorry, bro...

View attachment 189179

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does not seem that guys are falling over themselves to join a 34 year old LeBron and deal with his ego, a reduction of their role, and the media circus that would go with playing with LeBron that is only magnified now that he is in LA.

If say Kawhi has to choose between the circus that is LA with LeBron- or say going to paly with Butler and Tobias Harris and Lou Williams in LAC, i mean- i can see why he would choose LAC.

I wonder if Kawhi saying he doesn't wanna play w/ LeBron have anything to do w/ the fact they're both SF's? I know that's some really crazy thinking. But it does make some sense.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO it started with Kyrie forcing his way out of Cle. When we factor in things like they were actually winning (obviously not multiple titles) but in the sense they owned the EC it makes some wonder about the real reasons Kyrie left - especially we when consider that many believe that "winning cures all things". I think LBJ is taking a different approach with his team mates in LA because we all know he cares about his image more than he lets on & having another team mate speak out against his leadership would start to create a stain on his legacy in relation to the one characteristic fans like to brag about the most when compared to other greats such as Kobe & MJ.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just wondering since you've dumped the Lakers as your team what does your screen name mean now, L.A. Dodgers?:heh: I mean how have you been? Welp I better get outta here. I gotta plane to catch. Adios!

lol Well I was kinda forced to dump the Lakers & so never really thought about a name change. But since now I'm being forced to how about this:

GSAD
Golden State All Day.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Kawhi saying he doesn't wanna play w/ LeBron have anything to do w/ the fact they're both SF's? I know that's some really crazy thinking. But it does make some sense.
According to some Kawhi never said that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap! The Blazers have beaten the Lakers 16 straight times. That was just said on PTI.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some Kawhi never said that.

Interesting. Speaking of Kawhi he's still my favorite NBAer but I gotta root against him & his Raptors tonight. Boston had to leave the country to play a game! The NBA needs to do something about this.

GO CELTICS!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao.....I didn't even think of that.

Lakers ain't Dick?

Change the " D " on the end to a " W" and add a "S"....

Lakers ain't winning Shit?

Okay, I think I'm enjoying this a bit too much.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao.....I didn't even think of that.

Lakers ain't Dick?

Change the " D " on the end to a " W" and add a "S"....

Lakers ain't winning Shit?

Okay, I think I'm enjoying this a bit too much.

The possibilities could be endless. LeBron's A Douchebag?:noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Well I was kinda forced to dump the Lakers & so never really thought about a name change. But since now I'm being forced to how about this:

GSAD
Golden State All Day.

In before @Heatles84 , @trojanfan12 , @Cyder , @ChiefsLakers67 ....

Well, just as long as you stay away from " Wad " .....you should be okay.

Could you imagine all the " shoot my wad " jokes you'd have to endure?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute

so joining LeBron and he would get more credit for winning?

lol

duuuuude.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

The Knicks- yah

the Lakers- uhh

dude.

Go back and re-read the post, then correct yours. This is your last warning about taking things out of context.