• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed with the loss after a strong start......

#Fuckmylife

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows?

A couple of years ago, who thought he'd be playing for the Warriors?

If he played with Lebron, it would be for what? 3 years? Maybe grab another title or 2?

Then Lebron retires or is no longer the Lebron we see today and KD is the team leader just as Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart are entering their primes.

What could possibly be attractive about that? lol
Well, there is no guarantee they're able to keep all of those guys 2 - 3 years down the line. KD is winning NOW & is ALREADY in a situation where he can be the man when needed. Why would he want to start all over with the youngsters in LA when LBJ is done?

I think it works with GS because none of the guys are sticking their chests out and/or showing dominance against each other. LBJ carries a sense of "I AM KING" where ever he goes. As of late that has turned some of the top tier guys off in terms of wanting to play with him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball's numbers will drop as long as he is coming off the bench but he could learn a lot this season and eventually be a very good player.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ-

Neither surprised nor did I expect it. Here's why.

Not surprised because he's always talked about his goal being winning a title. GS had done that & at that time of KD's FA was primed to be in position to do it again.

Was not expecting it because of his known relationship with RW, and also the backlash he would face.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball's numbers will drop as long as he is coming off the bench but he could learn a lot this season and eventually be a very good player.
you sound like me trying to rationalize Waiters a few years back....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Randle's game with the Pelicans?
they got a steal for 2 years 18M

LAkers developed that guy and then got rid of him right when he was turning the corner.

he has his defensive limitations- but his rebounding and scoring and passing is pretty damn good....almost like a poor mans Love. lol
Yes, he's going to only get better. IMO he's already better than Love right now in the sense that he's WAY more athletic than Love EVER was. Randle wasn't able to shine in LA like he can with AD.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 2, I think I'd rather have Korver. I love me some Swaggy P, but unless he grew up a whole lot with the Warriors, I don't see him really fitting in with what the Lakers are trying to do. He just doesn't seem to understand when it's time to get serious.
He was serious enough to be a rotation guy for a championship team - and is now sporting some serious bling. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes a draft class just doesn't have star players.

....and sometimes guys like Mitchell and Tatum go thermonuclear.

Anyone who says they saw Mitchell coming is lying.

But, Tatum.....

He is what makes Lonzo look like a reach.

But, that's Monday Morning quarterbacking.

Plus, the Lakers had Ingram.
I also will point out one clear difference between Ball/Tatum. Tatum was working on his game during his summer with a vet that was once the face of the NBA while Ball was getting surgery to try to lower his stock and avoid being traded after LA acquired Rondo. Let that sink in.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering where LBJ is going to find the ability to sustain the level of energy the entire season that team is playing with. I understand last night's game was probably not the norm but when we look at their stats from last season they were #2 in the league in fast break points & in the top 10 in terms of pace.

LBJ can barley last during a series against GS - and has needed an oxygen tank/IV on a couple occasions in the past. Laker fans better hope Luke is a wizard & can find a way to work it out - otherwise the 2nd half of Laker games will result in disappointment for many.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sound like me trying to rationalize Waiters a few years back....

32-35mpg or 18-22mpg?

Simple math. No way you average same or better numbers in fewer mpg. It's just not possible.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great games tonight on ESPN... Boston vs Toronto, Golden State vs Utah...

Eastern Conference Finals preview followed by Western Conference Finals preview?

:think:

:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is no guarantee they're able to keep all of those guys 2 - 3 years down the line. KD is winning NOW & is ALREADY in a situation where he can be the man when needed. Why would he want to start all over with the youngsters in LA when LBJ is done?

Obviously, there are no guarantees about anything. The reason to start over with youngsters would be because of credit for winning.

With the Warriors he has a great situation, but he also doesn't really get credit for them winning titles because he joined a team that had already been to 2 finals and won 1. Heck, some have suggested that going to the Warriors actually diminishes his perceived greatness.

If he goes to a team of youngsters, doesn't necessarily have to be the Lakers, then he is the team leader and gets a lot more of the credit if they win a title.

I think it works with GS because none of the guys are sticking their chests out and/or showing dominance against each other. LBJ carries a sense of "I AM KING" where ever he goes. As of late that has turned some of the top tier guys off in terms of wanting to play with him.

I know why it works with the Warriors. I disagree to a point re: Lebron. Paul George staying in OKC, according to him, had to do with the Lakers not trading for him and nothing to do with Lebron.

To my knowledge, Kawhi hasn't said anything one way or the other. He's not in Toronto because he didn't want to play with Lebron. He's in Toronto because the Spurs weren't going to send their best player to a rival.

The only player that I've heard saying he didn't want to play with Lebron was Butler...who would be pretty far down the Lakers wish list any way.

Some of you Warriors fans crack me up. 2 years ago, no one (including most Warriors fans) thought there was any chance you'd have KD. Now suddenly, there's no way he'll leave.

The Warriors and some of their key players are about to have to make some very tough financial decisions. Klay has apparently already said, he's not giving a discount. If KD, etc. take the same approach....it's going to be unbelievably expensive to keep the team together. Even if everyone gave a discount, how big a discount will they be willing to take and will it be enough to keep the band together?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was serious enough to be a rotation guy for a championship team - and is now sporting some serious bling. :dhd:

He also wasn't used as much during the playoffs and wasn't invited back.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great games tonight on ESPN... Boston vs Toronto, Golden State vs Utah...

Eastern Conference Finals preview followed by Western Conference Finals preview?

:think:

:nod:
Very plausible yep

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, there are no guarantees about anything. The reason to start over with youngsters would be because of credit for winning.

With the Warriors he has a great situation, but he also doesn't really get credit for them winning titles because he joined a team that had already been to 2 finals and won 1. Heck, some have suggested that going to the Warriors actually diminishes his perceived greatness.

If he goes to a team of youngsters, doesn't necessarily have to be the Lakers, then he is the team leader and gets a lot more of the credit if they win a title.

I know why it works with the Warriors. I disagree to a point re: Lebron. Paul George staying in OKC, according to him, had to do with the Lakers not trading for him and nothing to do with Lebron.

To my knowledge, Kawhi hasn't said anything one way or the other. He's not in Toronto because he didn't want to play with Lebron. He's in Toronto because the Spurs weren't going to send their best player to a rival.

The only player that I've heard saying he didn't want to play with Lebron was Butler...who would be pretty far down the Lakers wish list any way.

Some of you Warriors fans crack me up. 2 years ago, no one (including most Warriors fans) thought there was any chance you'd have KD. Now suddenly, there's no way he'll leave.

The Warriors and some of their key players are about to have to make some very tough financial decisions. Klay has apparently already said, he's not giving a discount. If KD, etc. take the same approach....it's going to be unbelievably expensive to keep the team together. Even if everyone gave a discount, how big a discount will they be willing to take and will it be enough to keep the band together?
wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute

so joining LeBron and he would get more credit for winning?

lol

duuuuude.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

The Knicks- yah

the Lakers- uhh

dude.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did. Check the receipts.

:kermit:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Check the receipts.

:kermit:
If Durant leaves at least that pretty much guarantees Klay stays.

If Durant leaves- I can see him going East- and that means Klay stays.

It looks like Kawhi will most likely either be a Clipper or Raptor according to Woj.

It looks like Butler has his eyes on the Clippers or Nets or Knicks.

Im cool with all of it as long as the Lakers get fucked.