• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I could see the Lakers even considering Korver is if they were to trade KCP for him. KCP is kind of unnecessary with Hart's emergence.

There are rumors that Swaggy P wants back...that would be a cheaper thought as the Lakers have an empty roster spot and an easy cut if he doesn't work out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers will have a tough time making minutes for a shooter unless they trade away someone like Lance or KCP. Hart eventually got his jumper going, and Kuzma will too. Always some jitters on opening night, especially the first game with Lebron, on the road in Portland where the Lakers always seem to struggle, etc.
It will be interesting to see what Luke does with his rotations.

Kuz at the 5 is a fucking disaster.

Stop trying to run the death lineup when you don't have a Draymond Green.

Maybe Mo will take that spot when healthy?

I get trying to get Kuz minutes. But, that is not going to work.

Collins is a nice young player. He looked like prime Pau Gasol against Kuz.

Lonzo looks confident.

But, Rondo should definitely be the starter.

Anyone taking minutes from Hart better get ready for future disappointment.

That kid is going to get minutes and he will have a fantastic Season.

Hopefully, Luke has the stomach to make the hard decisions and prayers that your Vets won't rock the boat when he does.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I could see the Lakers even considering Korver is if they were to trade KCP for him. KCP is kind of unnecessary with Hart's emergence.

There are rumors that Swaggy P wants back...that would be a cheaper thought as the Lakers have an empty roster spot and an easy cut if he doesn't work out.

Of the 2, I think I'd rather have Korver. I love me some Swaggy P, but unless he grew up a whole lot with the Warriors, I don't see him really fitting in with what the Lakers are trying to do. He just doesn't seem to understand when it's time to get serious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will come around to a certain extent- but the guy is on a minutes restriction still from having surgery on his knee. I still think he can be a good player- but i highly doubt he lives up to being a #2 overall pick.

Hearing a lot of good things as far as his preparation, etc. Apparently, he spends a lot of time breaking down film with Rondo. If he keeps doing that and pays attention to what Rondo is doing on the floor, it will help him immensely.

His pace setting, court vision, rebounding, etc. still looks good and should only improve with Rondo helping him.

I think we can agree that how well he lives up to being the #2 pick is going to come down to his shot.

If he can at least be good enough to where teams can't just leave him alone, he'll come pretty close to meeting #2 pick expectations.

If not, he won't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will come around to a certain extent- but the guy is on a minutes restriction still from having surgery on his knee. I still think he can be a good player- but i highly doubt he lives up to being a #2 overall pick.

That's because of who was taken right after him....imo

He doesn't suck.

That's just that poster being ridiculous.

It's his first game, of his 2nd Season, and he's coming off the bench after surgery.

Should we start calling Fultz a bust?

* he's not either *

Because, at least the Lakers didn't blow 2 first rounders on ball.

Everyone, except Danny, missed on Donovan Mitchell and nobody saw that coming.

But, the 76ers will rue the day they didn't take Tatum.

Lakers too.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* he's not either *
Maybe we shouldn't call him a bust yet... but I am predicting bust, and I'm pretty confident in my prediction. It's not just Markelle's shot... he also has a lot of trouble getting good shots at the rim against real NBA competition.

That's a bad combination for a guard... suspect shot plus inability to finish off the drive.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot of good things as far as his preparation, etc. Apparently, he spends a lot of time breaking down film with Rondo. If he keeps doing that and pays attention to what Rondo is doing on the floor, it will help him immensely.

His pace setting, court vision, rebounding, etc. still looks good and should only improve with Rondo helping him.

I think we can agree that how well he lives up to being the #2 pick is going to come down to his shot.

If he can at least be good enough to where teams can't just leave him alone, he'll come pretty close to meeting #2 pick expectations.

If not, he won't.
Sometimes a draft class just doesn't have star players.

....and sometimes guys like Mitchell and Tatum go thermonuclear.

Anyone who says they saw Mitchell coming is lying.

But, Tatum.....

He is what makes Lonzo look like a reach.

But, that's Monday Morning quarterbacking.

Plus, the Lakers had Ingram.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't suck.

It's his first game, of his 2nd Season, and he's coming off the bench after surgery.

* he's not either *

Lakers too.
yah obviously Tatum and Mitchell were the guys that have top 10, maybe even higher, potential someday.

Team win titles and go deep in the playoffs because they hit on the kind of picks- like Mitchell or Tatum or Porzingis or Klay or Kawhi etc.

The Lakers had basically four chances to get a super high level player- they took Russell, Randle, Ball and Ingram. 3 #2 overall's and a #6 overall. I would say that they have not hit big once on those four picks. Ingram is still a "maybe" - but he is right there with a lot of other talented lotto picks that are still more "could be" than are "this guy is a no doubt star".

Out of all the Cavs high picks since the LeBron era started- they obviously hit huge on Kyrie and LeBron, hit similiarly to Ingram on Wiggins, and then got servicable NBA players but i would say well below expectations for lotto picks in TT and Waiters- and of course blew the pick (albeit in a VERY VERY WEAK draft at the top) in Bennett.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we shouldn't call him a bust yet... but I am predicting bust, and I'm pretty confident in my prediction. It's not just Markelle's shot... he also has a lot of trouble getting good shots at the rim against real NBA competition.

That's a bad combination for a guard... suspect shot plus inability to finish off the drive.
I think he can be a solid NBA player- but he doesnt look like he is going to be an all star caliber player- which is what you want.

about 40% of top 5 picks go on to make an all star team or two or more in the NBA.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you.

But, you know who else had a similar issue?

CJ McCollum.

CJ was ass his first Season.

...then he figured it out.

...ditto for Malik Monk, who I hope has a similar trajectory.

I have learned to stop judging these kids after one disastrous Season. Because, sometimes they turn it around.

Dirk, Chauncey Billups, CJ...etc.

In fairness, something they don't.

Johnny Flynn, Darko, Khandi Man etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes a draft class just doesn't have star players.

....and sometimes guys like Mitchell and Tatum go thermonuclear.

Anyone who says they saw Mitchell coming is lying.

But, Tatum.....

He is what makes Lonzo look like a reach.

But, that's Monday Morning quarterbacking.

Plus, the Lakers had Ingram.

Agree. All of the hype didn't help Lonzo either. First you had Lavar (who thankfully, has been pretty quiet since the Lakers got Lebron) and his nonsense.

Then Magic compares him to...well...Magic.

That's an awful lot of pressure to put on a 19 year old.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be a solid NBA player- but he doesnt look like he is going to be an all star caliber player- which is what you want.

about 40% of top 5 picks go on to make an all star team or two or more in the NBA.
I can agree with that.

He is not Jason Kidd.

He's much more Rondo.

...a bigger, better rebounding Rondo.

_ason had star quality.

Lonzo is to unassuming.

He will be good, not great, ala a Mike Conley.

Not your Star, best player.

But, one of your most important.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. All of the hype didn't help Lonzo either. First you had Lavar (who thankfully, has been pretty quiet since the Lakers got Lebron) and his nonsense.

Then Magic compares him to...well...Magic.

That's an awful lot of pressure to put on a 19 year old.
Right.

Lonzo was a position of need.

Did everyone forget you had Russell and Clarkson at the pg position?

Both were way to concerned with getting there's and not setting the table for others.

It's really not that surprising that Magic went polar opposite.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that.

He is not Jason Kidd.

He's much more Rondo.

...a bigger, better rebounding Rondo.

_ason had star quality.

Lonzo is to unassuming.

He will be good, not great, ala a Mike Conley.

Not your Star, best player.

But, one of your most important.
I think its POSSIBLE that Ball turns into a Conley quality player but i certainly do not think thats guaranteed. There is sitll bust potential here without a doubt.

I mean Rondo was REALLY REALLY good at his apex and was a defensive menace and led the league in assists. Rondo was one of the best rebounding guards in the game for a long long stretch. It is premature to say Ball will get even to that level if you ask me-- POSSIBLE- sure.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah obviously Tatum and Mitchell were the guys that have top 10, maybe even higher, potential someday.

Team win titles and go deep in the playoffs because they hit on the kind of picks- like Mitchell or Tatum or Porzingis or Klay or Kawhi etc.

The Lakers had basically four chances to get a super high level player- they took Russell, Randle, Ball and Ingram. 3 #2 overall's and a #6 overall. I would say that they have not hit big once on those four picks. Ingram is still a "maybe" - but he is right there with a lot of other talented lotto picks that are still more "could be" than are "this guy is a no doubt star".

Out of all the Cavs high picks since the LeBron era started- they obviously hit huge on Kyrie and LeBron, hit similiarly to Ingram on Wiggins, and then got servicable NBA players but i would say well below expectations for lotto picks in TT and Waiters- and of course blew the pick (albeit in a VERY VERY WEAK draft at the top) in Bennett.
What is wrong with you this morning?

This is like the 3rd reasonable, non trolling post in a row.

Can't disagree with anything.

But, allow me to pontificate on Ingram vs. Wiggins.

* said in Screamin A Smith voice *

I would not take Wiggins trash ass over Ingram.

No fucking way.

I am so down on that guy.

He is such a waste of talent...imo

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

Lonzo was a position of need.

Did everyone forget you had Russell and Clarkson at the pg position?

That's the thing that a lot of folks don't seem to get. Sometimes you pass on a guy because you already have "your guy" at that same position.

If Ingram continues to develop and becomes the player that the Lakers think he can and Lonzo develops to the point where he is at least at or real close to prime Rondo level...no one is going to be talking about how they "blew it" drafting them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't suck.

* he's not either *

Lakers too.

Yes Fultz is a bust. Not only because he'll never live up to the hype of being selected #1. They passed on Tatum and gave up the Kings 1st rounder.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Fultz is a bust. Not only because he'll never live up to the hype of being selected #1. They passed on Tatum and gave up the Kings 1st rounder.

You're using the bust word far too early IMO.

I give guys 3 years in the league before I give up on them.

Ball and Fultz can both get much better

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't hear it? It was popular on here last week.

Somebody posted a Tweet about it.....
Yea we've been hearing a lot of things - but the only time it's believable is when it comes from the horses mouth. Dubs fans were able to produce an article that actually quoted Thompson saying he wants to be a Warrior for life and that he WOULD give the team a small discount. Until he says otherwise I'm trusting that info.