• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? That 2 year deal, too. Makes it understandable why he didn't uproot his kids so he could play in Cleveland for what looked like 7-8 months?

But how about this detail you ignore? Wade chose to play there.

Strawman. Never said that. My point? Cleveland sucks and nobody chooses to go there, all other things being equal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man. Lebron's a great player, but no one's THAT good.
I don't think he could have, but let's not forget Miami had cap room and Cavs didn't. Absurd comment. Was Wade gonna come play for the vet minimum?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your circular arguments elsewhere. The overall point is that Ball is, once again, the better overall player as you focus too much on scoring a few points from the pg position.
No the point is you said all he leads him in is shooting and you were wrong, but cannot bring yourself to just say, "my mistake"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strawman. Never said that. My point? Cleveland sucks and nobody chooses to go there, all other things being equal.
Your point was to rip Cleveland because Wade left his kids at home. I said he did so because he wasn't gonna uproot his family for a 1-year deal. Then you said what about Chicago. Once again I showed you were off base as that was a 2 year deal (never mind also home).

Not even noon and 2 blunders? Neither of which can you man up and own.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He attempts 1 FT/game on average, so typically he's going to the line for 2 once every other game. Not exactly the best recipe for fixing that shot. He needs to continue to draw those fouls to shoot more FT in game situations.

Not really a valid excuses how many he attempts, yeah it helps but he is a guard and should be practicing FT's all the time. I have never seen a guard shoot FT's that poorly ever, whether it is 7 per game or 1 per game

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how many huge blunders can you make? Wade, himself, chose to go there and play for the vet minimum.
One of the things I really like about how the Cavs have operated in recent years is the type of guys they bring in. Times are always going to get tough and if you have a bunch of knucklheads and selfish players its awful hard to get out of those tough times that inevitably happen in any team's NBA season. Cavs always wanted to add guys that work hard and have a good attitude whether thats guys like James Jones or Kyle Korver or Larry Nance Jr., or Osman, or Sexton or Richard Jefferson etc. etc. etc.

One of those great guys has been Channing Frye. He is retiring at the end of the year. A guy who, had some moments, but was without a doubt more of a great leader and a great clubhouse presence that kept everyone accountable and everyone moving in the right direction.

The Cavs mobbed him as he left the floor tonight. He was a part of the championship squad and will always be a guy that is remembered fondly in Cleveland, a little bit for his playing ability, but mostly for being a guy that represented the franchise well and was everything you could ask out of a teammate.
Really hoping Frye or RJ becomes their next TV color guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also once again most Heat fans only cared about the playoffs for D-Wade. Otherwise we really didn't care to get in the playoffs this year after seeing how this bunch was playing in the first few months of the season.

They were going to get swept or lose in 5 if they did make it.

Not a big deal at all. Just sucks for D-Wade though.

Heat probably going to end up with a top 12 pick now
Cracking up you actually wrote this. Just wow.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the problem?
The idea the playoffs "were only about Wade" and you "really didn't care about the playoffs". You cared, they let you down. No biggie. And, hell, maybe they pull off a miracle and get in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not absurd in this case though, is it? They're .3 attempts apart per game, career.
Yes, it's absurd. You made a foolish statement and were called on it. Instead of just saying you screwed up you will spin, distort and try to put it on me calling you out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your circular arguments elsewhere. The overall point is that Ball is, once again, the better overall player as you focus too much on scoring a few points from the pg position.
Ok...but another point is you said he only leads in shooting % and wont just man up and say you were off base for whatever reason.

Now it will be me who keeps saying this as the bad guy when I would not have done so had you simply admitted your gaffe in the first place.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea the playoffs "were only about Wade" and you "really didn't care about the playoffs". You cared, they let you down. No biggie. And, hell, maybe they pull off a miracle and get in.

I didn't. It was obvious since early in the season that this team was shit. I def spoke about how much I hate this group months ago. There was also a post about me waiving the white flag on the season when the Suns came into Miami and won a few months ago.

My dislike for this team has been all over this thread if you do some quick research

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You decided to reply to say you (or no one) cares?

were you one of those guys who dialed the 900 polls in the 80s to vote "not sure" or "don't care"?
Oh no not you! You're one of the dumdums that goes to that tired bit? Saying you don't care about something is simply that, you DON'T care. Pretty simple really.

Then why say it? To clown someone, in the case the board shit-stirrer. That's amusing to me. You got a problem with TL;DR too?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. It was obvious since early in the season that this team was shit. I def spoke about how much I hate this group months ago. There was also a post about me waiving the white flag on the season when the Suns came into Miami and won a few months ago.

My dislike for this team has been all over this thread if you do some quick research

We both said long ago it would be nice for Wade, but other then that it was prob best to be in lotto

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it.....you played the role of Happy Either Way Guy like so many fans do. Now if they make the playoffs you'll be happy, and if they don't you'll be happy because you can say it's what you wanted all along.

Well played.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is signed for 4 years after this one. Care to retract?

I forgot he resigned.
So you’re happy to have his always injured body for 4 more years?
He misses large chunks annually..
Including playoffs..

But, hes just missing games so the Cavs get lotto balls... too funny