• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland had enough room to bring on another max player. Bosh said fuck to the no.
do you even try to bring facts or just think you can make shit up and no one will know? Had the Cavs brought in Bosh it would have had to be via trade. They were over the cap....especially not enough to bring in Bosh and Wade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a better destination but why would someone want to play on that roster. I mean the last time they recruited a FA is when Wade recruited Lebron and Bosh. Wade will be gone now. Like I said, more likely a FA goes there but say the Cavs somehow got Zion. A trio of Love, Zion and Sexton would be way more enticing than Richardson, Bam and Winslow...plus imo Cleveland is more enticing city now that they have a championship and that history of Lebron.
especially becuase they have no cap room this year, and already have well over half of their cap room comitted for the summer of 2020....they can trade their 1st rounder this year, but cant trade it in 2020 or 2022 since they are already missing their totally unprotected 2021 pick, and unless i am mistaken they have no 2nd rounders for the next 3-4 years.

they really have not left themselves with very much flexibility to improve the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a better destination but why would someone want to play on that roster. I mean the last time they recruited a FA is when Wade recruited Lebron and Bosh. Wade will be gone now. Like I said, more likely a FA goes there but say the Cavs somehow got Zion. A trio of Love, Zion and Sexton would be way more enticing than Richardson, Bam and Winslow...plus imo Cleveland is more enticing city now that they have a championship and that history of Lebron.
No doubt a young, rich guy would prefer Miami, but the fact remains they have had limited success without Wade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't really say Ball improved much this year in the time that he did play. His shooting got a little better but that isn't saying much. Not sure how you can regress when he shot 45% from the FT but he managed lol

He attempts 1 FT/game on average, so typically he's going to the line for 2 once every other game. Not exactly the best recipe for fixing that shot. He needs to continue to draw those fouls to shoot more FT in game situations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPG is tied to the shooting percentages. Assists are marginally better due to Lebron monopolizing the ball, true.
come on.....plenty of guys score a ton of points with a low shooting %. More often PPG is tied to shots taken and ability to get a shot. But in this case it's because he's a better shooter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on.....plenty of guys score a ton of points with a low shooting %. More often PPG is tied to shots taken and ability to get a shot. But in this case it's because he's a better shooter.

...which is why I pointed to the percentages, yet you continue to argue minutiae.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The context in which you use that statement is the problem. Being the reigning conference champ in the event where you were at the very least in the playoff race would be something to hold your hat onto. But when you're fighting the Knicks on who can get the worst record in the league, it seems rather irrelevant to bring that point up.

It's just amazing to see a fanbase prop up conference titles. I used to loathe Lakers fans back in the day when we had Lebron, in all of our arguments, never seen them mention being reigning conference champs.

Sad.
Lighten up Francis......was a joke.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know how you're not grasping the concept that you can't solely build off of the draft and become an NBA contender overnight.
Cannot grasp where you think I ever said "solely from the draft".

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt a young, rich guy would prefer Miami, but the fact remains they have had limited success without Wade.

Miami had pretty decent years in the late 90's. Right after that, Miami had a roster built at the time in the early 2000's that some said could be a realistic contender. Around that time, Alonzo Mourning developed kidney issues which sidelined him for a while. We sucked for a year or two and then landed Wade. Before Riley got here we were an expansion team for about 6-7 years. Wade has been a member of the Heat for more than half of the franchise's life span.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...which is why I pointed to the percentages, yet you continue to argue minutiae.
I argue it because you tried to dismiss PPG simply because he also shoots a higher % which was absurd.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I argue it because you tried to dismiss PPG simply because he also shoots a higher % which was absurd.

It's not absurd in this case though, is it? They're .3 attempts apart per game, career.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami had pretty decent years in the late 90's. Right after that, Miami had a roster built at the time in the early 2000's that some said could be a realistic contender. Around that time, Alonzo Mourning developed kidney issues which sidelined him for a while. We sucked for a year or two and then landed Wade. Before Riley got here we were an expansion team for about 6-7 years. Wade has been a member of the Heat for more than half of the franchise's life span.
So like I said...limited success? Cavs also had success in late 80s and into mid-90s.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not absurd in this case though, is it? They're .3 attempts apart per game, career.
Yes, they are.....you didn't say attempts. you said %. If Ball could shoot he'd score more. You want to discredit Payton's scoring because he also shoots better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago is home. Cleveland is...well, Cleveland.
And? That 2 year deal, too. Makes it understandable why he didn't uproot his kids so he could play in Cleveland for what looked like 7-8 months?

But how about this detail you ignore? Wade chose to play there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are.....you didn't say attempts. you said %. If Ball could shoot he'd score more. You want to discredit Payton's scoring because he also shoots better?

Take your circular arguments elsewhere. The overall point is that Ball is, once again, the better overall player as you focus too much on scoring a few points from the pg position.