• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at least that Lebron has acknowledged that he'll listen to. Lue didn't exactly have a great coaching resume' when he replaced Blatt. But he had become someone that Lebron would listen to.

If the Lakers move on from Luke, I don't mind them getting Lebron's input...that should always be done with a teams best player. But end of the day, whoever the coach is, the FO needs to do like Riley did with Spo and tell him "This is our coach, you need to get on board with that".
And why he's not a true leader. If he was you wouldn't have to tell him to get on board.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Cracks me up when fans rip playcalling (especially in football). we only know the result, not the entire play.

Yeah, a play not working doesn't necessarily mean it was the wrong call. Sometimes it's about the execution and sometimes the opponent just does a better job of countering it.

Truly bad play calls are usually pretty self evident, but a lot of fans want to assume that because a play didn't work, it was a bad call.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how they use their cap space, he might stay for a little less or they may be able to give him that much.

It'll be interesting to see what his offers are. Despite him being much better the past 2 years, I'm sure his "Shaqtin' A Fool" days will still be used against him to some extent.

Plus, while he's a good defender and rim protector, he's still not really a "modern day center" because he's not giving you anything offensively that's more than about 5 feet from the rim.

He is averaging almost 12ppg, 7.6rpg, and 2bpg for the season but he's putting up 16ppg, 13rpg, and 3bpg his last 10 games in 29mpg. And I think that's similar to what he's also been doing the last 18-20 games.....ESPN doesn't give me the entire schedule to go through.....just the last 5-10 now.

Think those numbers justify about 10 mlll per.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a play not working doesn't necessarily mean it was the wrong call. Sometimes it's about the execution and sometimes the opponent just does a better job of countering it.

Truly bad play calls are usually pretty self evident, but a lot of fans want to assume that because a play didn't work, it was a bad call.
This can be especially hilarious in the NFL. Like the playcall is ever "I-right, Z, red X, throw the ball to the other team and ignore your wide open guy in the flat"

Great read, BTW

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is the Now in the NBA.

Go back the last 4 drafts, top 5 picks for teams that had their picks and you have:

Phoenix 3x
Sac 2x
Atl 1x
Memphis 1x
Dallas 1x
Philly 3x (but we all know what it took to achieve whatever they have achieved)
Lakers 3x
Magic 2x
MN. 2x
NY 1x
N.O. 1x

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Pistons better not miss the playoffs facing three straight teams that are out of the playoffs hunt.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is averaging almost 12ppg, 7.6rpg, and 2bpg for the season but he's putting up 16ppg, 13rpg, and 3bpg his last 10 games in 29mpg. And I think that's similar to what he's also been doing the last 18-20 games.....ESPN doesn't give me the entire schedule to go through.....just the last 5-10 now.

Think those numbers justify about 10 mlll per.

I don't know...maybe.

It's going to be interesting. He's not a true "modern NBA center", but he's also not a "dinosaur" or "throwback" either.

Defensively, he's more of a modern NBA center because he can defend the pick and roll and get to the perimeter and back. But offensively, he's more of a throwback because he isn't going to do much outside of about 5 feet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...maybe.

It's going to be interesting. He's not a true "modern NBA center", but he's also not a "dinosaur" or "throwback" either.

Defensively, he's more of a modern NBA center because he can defend the pick and roll and get to the perimeter and back. But offensively, he's more of a throwback because he isn't going to do much outside of about 5 feet.

Interesting.

Because pick and roll defense is why McGee didn't play in certain matchups while in GS. He isn't as bad as some centers, but he isn't good there.

I think he is a pretty modern center offensively. He is a really good pick and roll finisher. He isn't the type of guy you will throw the ball to in the post, but get him on the move and put it up high and he will finish.

In other words, I think he is more of a modern center offensively than defensively because of how he gets his buckets. He plays similar style to Clint Capella on offense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Because pick and roll defense is why McGee didn't play in certain matchups while in GS. He isn't as bad as some centers, but he isn't good there.

I think he is a pretty modern center offensively. He is a really good pick and roll finisher. He isn't the type of guy you will throw the ball to in the post, but get him on the move and put it up high and he will finish.

In other words, I think he is more of a modern center offensively than defensively because of how he gets his buckets. He plays similar style to Clint Capella on offense.

See, I see him as the opposite of Brook Lopez. I see Lopez as more of a modern NBA center offensively because of his range...but a dinosaur defensively because he's too slow to guard the pick and roll or get to the perimeter.

He actually was doing a good job on the pick and roll earlier in the season when the Lakers were a top 10 team defensively. Some of that may have been the result of having a better defense around him though.

Yeah, as far as his ability to move he's a modern center offensively, but his range isn't what many modern NBA centers have.

I think that some of the reason he wasn't in certain matchups may have been because they have Draymond. Who is better at that than McGee.

As usual, McGee remains a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I see him as the opposite of Brook Lopez. I see Lopez as more of a modern NBA center offensively because of his range...but a dinosaur defensively because he's too slow to guard the pick and roll or get to the perimeter.

He actually was doing a good job on the pick and roll earlier in the season when the Lakers were a top 10 team defensively. Some of that may have been the result of having a better defense around him though.

Yeah, as far as his ability to move he's a modern center offensively, but his range isn't what many modern NBA centers have.

I think that some of the reason he wasn't in certain matchups may have been because they have Draymond. Who is better at that than McGee.

As usual, McGee remains a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. lol

I agree partially.

2 types of modern centers, IMO.

Floor spacers like Lopez
Pick and roll guys like Capella, Drummond, etc.

And old school center is one who plays out of the low post. McGee doesn't do that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck do the voters hate CWebb?

Y'all think they are holding that cesspool play by play calling against him?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGee is 31.....he'd be a moron to stay and play for less.....unless it's just another 1 year deal after the Lakers sign whomever they can this summer. But, another team looking for a center could offer 2-3 years and say 20-30 million....maybe more. Lot of teams have cap space this summer.

I think the Lakers could offer him 80 on another 2 way contract.....think I heard that during a recent game.....but he could get 3-5 million from another team with the way he's played lately. And more playing time. He's been getting all this recent PT because of guys shut down.....and he's benefitted from it and cold turn it into a nice raise.
Lmfao

He is not getting anywhere near 10 mil per on a multi year contract.

Do you know how many quality bigs are free agents or hold player options?

Boogie, Vuvecic, Jordan, Kanter, M Gasol, B Lopez, Whiteside, R Lopez, Horford....

Which of those 9 would you pick Mcgee over?

Willie Cauley-Stein is rfa....

Thomas Bryant is Ufa....

Mcgee probably won't get the full midlevel for more than 2 Seasons

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nbadraft.net has y'all taking Cam Reddish.....Lmfao

That mofo is the Tito Jackson of the Blue Devil phenoms.

Nah.

That is Trae Jones.

I know Reddish has struggled, but I think the Lakers would be ecstatic to get him.