• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me where I used PER in the Curry/Young debate.
Did I say you only used it in Curry/Young debate? You did use it in your Young/Doncic debate, though, so stands to reason it's something you value.

Or is it as I said? You like metrics.....as long as they support your case. when they don't you explain why they should not be taken seriously.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Lavar also had something to do with the money coming up missing. Everything about him says "goon".

Too bad he had to figure out about his dad this way- what the rest of us saw pretty much immediately.
Yeah...though something tells me he's known his dad was a dufus for a while...finally decided to do something about it.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, my claim is I rarely call anyone names. Second, to me it seemed harmless. Also takes up less writing than asking "why do you go to the extreme with so many of your comments"?

If I said I try never to physically hurt anyone that pinching them and shooting them in the face is the same, too?

Yes, that was extreme. Figured you'd like it that way.
I think the point you're missing is your intent.

In this case the perception was that your intent was to make fun of him and so yes, it is in the same category as name calling. Certainly not as bad a name as some of the others, but still name calling since it is not his birth name.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...though something tells me he's known his dad was a dufus for a while...finally decided to do something about it.
Money is the #1 reason people/family fight & end relationships.

Good for him he finally decided to be his own man.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point you're missing is your intent.

In this case the perception was that your intent was to make fun of him and so yes, it is in the same category as name calling. Certainly not as bad a name as some of the others, but still name calling since it is not his birth name.
Honestly it seemed harmless and I'm called far worse here...often I find it humorous when not out of line. But that's me. As I said, if it was offensive I apologize to him.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, my claim is I rarely call anyone names. Second, to me it seemed harmless. Also takes up less writing than asking "why do you go to the extreme with so many of your comments"?

If I said I try never to physically hurt anyone that pinching them and shooting them in the face is the same, too?

Yes, that was extreme. Figured you'd like it that way.

So, when you namecall, it is okay, but when someone else does it is a problem?

Got it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is the #1 reason people/family fight & end relationships.

Good for him he finally decided to be his own man.
Yep...because he probably is ridiculed unfairly a ton because of his dad.....Lonzo seems like a decent kid.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just cant believe he went to LA for his basketball legacy.

If that was still his #1 concern he is in Philly or maybe Houston--- as he has said o nnumerous occasions- "i have nothing left to prove on a basketball court".

he went to LA for his family, for the business opportunities and to be in the sunshine and set himself up after basketball--- way more so than to enhance his basketball legacy.

Of course he went to LA for his family and businesses. However, what is better for his basketball legacy?

Going to another stacked team to maybe win another title or 2?

Or resurrecting a storied franchise?

If he went to another stacked team and managed to catch MJ in titles, he still wouldn't be looked at as being equal to or better than MJ because he would still have lost 6 times and would have been seen as having to stack teams to win.

But, if he resurrects a storied franchise, that would be something he accomplished that MJ never did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree, but think LA was all about life after bball.

No doubt. But same question I asked Wiggy…

Which is better for his legacy?

Going to another stacked team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say you only used it in Curry/Young debate? You did use it in your Young/Doncic debate, though, so stands to reason it's something you value.

Or is it as I said? You like metrics.....as long as they support your case. when they don't you explain why they should not be taken seriously.

Sure.

But if you notice, when I post stats I post a lot of them. Not just 1 or 2.

And the reason PER does add some value in the Doncic/Young debate is because they are both pretty equally inefficient. I wasn't using it to measure efficiency. I was using it to measure production between 2 similarly inefficient player.

Metrics have a time and a place as long as you understand how to use them. I am not sure you do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when you namecall, it is okay, but when someone else does it is a problem?

Got it.
Said if you were offended my apologies...ergo, it wasn't OK.

But yeah....extreme, retarded. same thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But if you notice, when I post stats I post a lot of them. Not just 1 or 2.

And the reason PER does add some value in the Doncic/Young debate is because it helped my case.

Metrics have a time and a place as long as you understand how to use them. I am not sure you do.
FIFY

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. But same question I asked Wiggy…

Which is better for his legacy?

Going to another stacked team?

Interesting question. Not sure fixing a "storied franchise" is what he needed as even if he did the narrative might still be they had more success without him. At lewast when it comes to the Lakers.

The Knicks? Might be another story.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...because he probably is ridiculed unfairly a ton because of his dad.....Lonzo seems like a decent kid.
I would say probably ridiculed by his dad the most. I would've hated to be raised in that family.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he went to LA for his family and businesses. However, what is better for his basketball legacy?

Going to another stacked team to maybe win another title or 2?

If he went to another stacked team and managed to catch MJ in titles, he still wouldn't be looked at as being equal to or better than MJ because he would still have lost 6 times and would have been seen as having to stack teams to win.

But, if he resurrects a storied franchise, that would be something he accomplished that MJ never did.
I think his time in Miami has already been perceived as him stacking his team in order to win. Especially when we consider he couldn't win in Cle the first time around.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

Shame on me for trying to engage you in an actual conversation.

Won't happen again.
You are pure comedy. Last comment you made not meant as an insult? Though I was OK with it.

sorry but it's as I said. You'll use any metric if it supports you. If it doesn't you'll try and think of a reason it's not relevant.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say probably ridiculed by his dad the most. I would've hated to be raised in that family.
Oh my.....I can't even imagine. One time having no father would have been the best result.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are pure comedy. Last comment you made not meant as an insult? Though I was OK with it.

sorry but it's as I said. You'll use any metric if it supports you. If it doesn't you'll try and think of a reason it's not relevant.

Any stat is irrelevant if used out of context of efficiency, role, etc.

I try to always use stats in context. Sometimes I mess up. But you seem to be just trying to agitate here.

From what I have seen, you mainly just try to poke holes in whatever small piece of a post you can even when you agree with the main point.

I have to say, it is pretty darn annoying.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yeah. I was making fun of you.

I don't claim to be above that stuff.