• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one of LeBron throwing the inbound against the backboard is prob. my favorite....lol

LeBron goes to Miami: not one, not two, etc.

LeBron goes to Cleveland: 4 straight Finals

LeBron goes to LA: tanking to end the season

makes me so happy. fuck LeBron. fuck Rich Paul. fuck Magic and Pelinka. Fuck Lonzo and Lavar Ball. Fuck Jeanie Buss and the "fake news".
My favorite is Lance in his feelings when Westbrook was playing air guitar.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just say Morant is looking great- but if Morant was the freshman and barret the sophomore we might be seeing things differently.

I am not against taking Morant 2nd- but Barret looks like he could be a Bradley Beal type if you ask me.
Fair point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need.
You tell me other than the Spurs, which modern expansion team(s) have been better.

I'll also wait for your list of teams that have been fined for not playing players who teams list as injured.

As far as resting healthy players, has anyone this year actually been fined for it?
Heat were good because they had stars- Wade, SHaq, LeBron, Bosh

now they have no stars and no way to get them because of Riley's mismanagement. Now they are just a mediocre irrelevant team in NBA purgatory- not good enough to win anything- not bad enough to get another Wade in the draft.

I might have said this before- but Riley? Lost his fastball.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice dodge, but does this mean you think the NBA did not crack down on players sitting?

If there really was such a thing as an internet win, you are usually safe thinking the guy who goes to the personal insults wont get it.

Usually the lessor informed poster wont get it.
Keep posting I don’t see many NBA games , even though everyone here knows Ive had Heat season tickets forever.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat were good because they had stars- Wade, SHaq, LeBron, Bosh

now they have no stars and no way to get them because of Riley's mismanagement. Now they are just a mediocre irrelevant team in NBA purgatory- not good enough to win anything- not bad enough to get another Wade in the draft.

I might have said this before- but Riley? Lost his fastball.

There’s reasons for everything.

I’ll ask again.

Other then SA, who has been better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need.
You tell me other than the Spurs, which modern expansion team(s) have been better.

I'll also wait for your list of teams that have been fined for not playing players who teams list as injured.

As far as resting healthy players, has anyone this year actually been fined for it?
Way to deflect but you are asking about Cavs' success minus Lebron. Hasn't been much since mostly late 80s, early 90s (some in mid 90s).

Now I ask you to tell me about the Heat success minus Wade. Anything recent we should be aware of?

Cannot say anyone has been fined for resting healthy players as they are able to take advantage. Like the Cavs have....because they know losing and increasing chances in the lottery is a better choice than overpaying mediocre players to win some meaningless games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ll ask again.

Miami's been pretty good.

And I'll ask again, when's the last time Miami made the playoffs without Wade and/or won a series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to deflect but you are asking about Cavs' success minus Lebron. Hasn't been much since mostly late 80s, early 90s (some in mid 90s).

Now I ask you to tell me about the Heat success minus Wade. Anything recent we should be aware of?

Cannot say anyone has been fined for resting healthy players as they are able to take advantage. Like the Cavs have....because they know losing and increasing chances in the lottery is a better choice than overpaying mediocre players to win some meaningless games.

Heat was ‘87 expansion team
Wade drafted ‘03

They made the playoffs 8x in between.
Wtf u talking about?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ll ask again.

ill say again

the Heat, or any team for that matter, are good when they have stars.

Now they have no stars, and with no cap space, and no high draft pick and an UNPROTECTED pick still owed in future drafts, its highly unlikely they will get one.

Riley has mismanaged them into NBA purgatory. Any passed success was because they had star players- now - no stars- we get what we have seen- first round exits at best.

Cavs are way better off going forward.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the lessor informed poster wont get it.
Keep posting I don’t see many NBA games , even though everyone here knows Ive had Heat season tickets forever.
Should act like it then.

Ever gonna tell me when the Heat made the playoffs without Wade and/or won a series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should act like it then.

Ever gonna tell me when the Heat made the playoffs without Wade and/or won a series.

Wades been here every season but 1 since ‘03.
Wtf u talking about?
You act like he was gone for 4 seasons like James, and the Heat turned to shit like the Cavs.

As far as before Wade, Id guess they won a playoff series not to far before.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf u talking about?
You act like he was gone for 4 seasons like James, and the Heat turned to shit like the Cavs.

Cavs tanked instead of becoming a mediocre capped out mess like the Heat have become- it it lead them to acquiring a ton of assets/good young players and put them in a position to steal LeBron back from the Heat when Arison got cheap.

as i have said- stars win in the NBA.

Cavs are trying to acquire one through the draft- and in the process also acquired 2 extra first rounders and 6 extra 2nd roudners

Heat are trying to get the 8th seed for a first round slaughter. Will get a mediocre draft pick, have no 2nd rounders for years to come and owe an UNPROTECTED first rounder to the Clippers.

Cavs = smarter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat was ‘87 expansion team
Wade drafted ‘03

They made the playoffs 8x in between.
Wtf u talking about?
when they were an expansion team is irrelevant. Cavs acquired Lebron same year Heat acquired Wade. Whether they were an expansion team in 1989 or early 70s is irrelevant.

You wondered what the Cavs have done without Lebron. Seems fair to wonder what the Heat have done with no Wade. Heat needs to go back to 2000-01 to their last Wadeless appearance. Only a few years after the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs tanked instead of becoming a mediocre capped out mess like the Heat have become- it it lead them to acquiring a ton of assets/good young players and put them in a position to steal LeBron back from the Heat when Arison got cheap.

as i have said- stars win in the NBA.

Cavs are trying to acquire one through the draft- and in the process also acquired 2 extra first rounders and 6 extra 2nd roudners

Heat are trying to get the 8th seed for a first round slaughter. Will get a mediocre draft pick, have no 2nd rounders for years to come and owe an UNPROTECTED first rounder to the Clippers.

Cavs = smarter.

Stop with the tanking, like it was intentional.
Shitty players just lose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf u talking about?

before D. Wade, from 1988 until 2003, the Heat won a TOTAL of 3 playoff series in 15 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf u talking about?

No, I'm not acting like anything. You keep saying the cavs had not had success without Lebron so I asked about the Heat without Wade. Not sure why you have so much angst over a very fair question.

It's funny you are thinking "turning to shit" didn't ultimately help them. Do you think if they had a roster along with the cap situation and draft assets like the current Heat team has Lebron would have come back? Try answering yes, no, Y or N.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I think I mentioned this a week ago...

BUT, if the Suns get a top 2 pick and the Cavs are 3, you will get your wish.

The Suns don't need another wing. So, RJ would fall to the Cavs.

I don't want RJ. Maybe I am lower on him than most but seems like another Wiggins. No thanks, I would take Morant or Zion any day over him but I guess at 3 they would have no choice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the tanking, like it was intentional.
Shitty players just lose.
I am sure the Cavs could have spent a shit ton of money on mediocre players like the Heat have done- but I guess I just dont value an 8 seed and a first round ass whooping as much as acquiring a high lotto pick, and renting out cap space to get an additional 2 first rounders and 6 2nd rounders.

I guess trading away picks and ruining your cap space to get the 8th seed and a first round ass whooping is preferable to tanking. Hey- to each their own.