• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon! you just got a big time tackle from the Patriots....got Brown and Williams at WR...and have 3 first round picks!

OBJ is overated...Myles Garret is not all hes cracked up to be...Baker was lucky.....

Raiders got this....

Um, the Browns will probably win the North and the Raiders might be better than the Broncos.....might be.

You're fucking crazy if you think I'm taking that bet right fucking now. Get back to me after the draft and closer to the NFL season....but right now? Helllllllllllllllll to the no.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Internet is a cold ass place.

the one of LeBron throwing the inbound against the backboard is prob. my favorite....lol

LeBron goes to Miami: not one, not two, etc.

LeBron goes to Cleveland: 4 straight Finals

LeBron goes to LA: tanking to end the season

makes me so happy. fuck LeBron. fuck Rich Paul. fuck Magic and Pelinka. Fuck Lonzo and Lavar Ball. Fuck Jeanie Buss and the "fake news".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Browns are gonna be fun to watch. That team could win the North next season.

Even if Baker has a "sophomore slump", I think they improved enough in other places to make up for it.
offensive line is a concern losing zeitler and the tackles are just average.

Baker's weapons are upgraded in a big way this year- but if the line does not perform itll be tough. The chemistry needs to come together, and expectations bring their own pressure.

I am thinking 10 wins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, the Browns will probably win the North and the Raiders might be better than the Broncos.....might be.

You're fucking crazy if you think I'm taking that bet right fucking now. Get back to me after the draft and closer to the NFL season....but right now? Helllllllllllllllll to the no.
3 first rounders is interesting if Gruden and Mayock can get the right guys.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon! you just got a big time tackle from the Patriots....got Brown and Williams at WR...and have 3 first round picks!

OBJ is overated...Myles Garret is not all hes cracked up to be...Baker was lucky.....

Raiders got this....

make it the Chiefs and the Skidmarks...er, Browns and i'll do it...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they do what's necessary to have a better chance to beat the odds as opposed to waste money to be anywhere from a 6 seed to out of the playoffs and an alsoran.

Thats bullshit
They just pretty much suck.
If what you are saying was the case, then why are they playing to win at this time of the season.
They are 4-6 last 10, I’d guess that is there best 10 game stretch of the season.

Real fans, who invest there time and cash can live with an occasional shit season.
Casual fans bandwagon, so they dont care.

Cavs getting Kyrie was <3%.
I dont want to bank on those odds for anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats bullshit
If what you are saying was the case, then why are they playing to win at this time of the season.
They are 4-6 last 10, I’d guess that is there best 10 game stretch of the season.

Real fans, who invest there time and cash can live with an occasional shit season.

I've asked that same question myself, but maybe because they are a near lock to be a bottom 1-3 team and all have same odds at a top 4 pick?

Yeah....I'm sure real fans wish the Browns went 6-10 instead of getting Baker and the #1 pick.

Cavs getting Kyrie with THAT pick was low, but they had a good % to get him with their own pick. Something like 20%

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats bullshit

Cavs had 2 picks, the #3 lotto pick and the #8 lotto pick. the chances of getting the #1 pick were MUCH MUCH higher than 3%.

but thats the advantage of having an owner that will take a bad contract like Baron Davis- and swallow 40M bucks to get a lotto pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked that same question myself, but maybe because they are a near lock to be a bottom 1-3 team and all have same odds at a top 4 pick?

Yeah....I'm sure real fans wish the Browns went 6-10 instead of getting Baker and the #1 pick.
well- the NBA is fining teams that sit their guys.

Love has to play- and when Love plays the Cavs, especially since Sexton and Osman have developed pretty well, arent that bad a team.

he just got hit on the head the other day so i assume the Cavs will sit him the next couple days with "concussion like systems" to keep him out and hopefully finish out the season in, at worst, the 3 slot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker's weapons are upgraded in a big way this year- but if the line does not perform itll be tough. The chemistry needs to come together, and expectations bring their own pressure.

I am thinking 10 wins.

As long as your o-line isn't a sieve, Bakers athleticism should help. Especially with upgraded weapons.

10 wins is probably about right and that will probably be enough to win the North.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as your o-line isn't a sieve, Bakers athleticism should help. Especially with upgraded weapons.

10 wins is probably about right and that will probably be enough to win the North.
they still have like 8 draft picks as well-- so i wouldnt be surprised if they used a couple of them to move up here and there and perhaps take a lineman or two in the draft. They could use some depth at LB, CB as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 first rounders is interesting if Gruden and Mayock can get the right guys.

It's finally starting to look like Gruden has a plan. If he really does, he should use all 3 of those picks, or at least 2 of them on defensive players.

If he does that, with the upgrades on offense, getting rid of Mack looks less crazy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to pick more than that without seeing them play, but if I had to bet I'd say more than 10.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs still have a 2 game buffer with the Bulls which is good. 19 wins vs. 21 wins with 10 games left. Hopefully the Cavs are not 2 games better than the Bulls the rest of the way out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they still have like 8 draft picks as well-- so i wouldnt be surprised if they used a couple of them to move up here and there and perhaps take a lineman or two in the draft. They could use some depth at LB, CB as well.

Things are definitely looking good for you guys. After the shit Browns fans have been through over the year, they deserve a team with a legit shot and it looks like they're building one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs still have a 2 game buffer with the Bulls which is good. 19 wins vs. 21 wins with 10 games left. Hopefully the Cavs are not 2 games better than the Bulls the rest of the way out.
And a tough schedule rest of way if teams they play want to win.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to pick more than that without seeing them play, but if I had to bet I'd say more than 10.

Wouldn't surprise me. Teams will adjust to Baker from what they saw from him last year, which might make things a little tougher.

But if he can adjust quickly and continue to improve, they could definitely win a couple more games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are definitely looking good for you guys. After the shit Browns fans have been through over the year, they deserve a team with a legit shot and it looks like they're building one.
should be a fun team to watch too.

I mean think of these weapons-

ODB is a top 5 wideout- arguably #1 in the NFL. Jarvis Landry is one of, if not the best #2 WR in the NFL and compliments ODB extremely well. Antonio Callaway only went in the 4th round because of character concerns and he looked good last year and is a solid #3 and Higgins is a great #4...if you were to grade the WR group you would have to give it an A.

Baker broke the rookie record for TDs in a season despite not even starting 3 games and he looks primed.

The Browns RB's are ridiculous. Chubb was amazing. duke johnson is like your protypical 3rd down back and then halfway through the season they get Kareem Hunt. You want to be a defense and see a fresh Kareem Hunt in the 4th qtr?

TE is solid with Njoku.

I mean--- the Browns weapons on offense are crazy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am thinking 10 wins.
Agree could be concern about tackles, but Baker was only hit 9 times last 8 games. Not sacked, just hit. Next closest was at 28.

LeCharles Bentley once said if you want to improve a line find a QB who makes quick decisions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a fun team to watch too.

I mean think of these weapons-

ODB is a top 5 wideout- arguably #1 in the NFL. Jarvis Landry is one of, if not the best #2 WR in the NFL and compliments ODB extremely well. Antonio Callaway only went in the 4th round because of character concerns and he looked good last year and is a solid #3 and Higgins is a great #4...if you were to grade the WR group you would have to give it an A.

Baker broke the rookie record for TDs in a season despite not even starting 3 games and he looks primed.

The Browns RB's are ridiculous. Chubb was amazing. duke johnson is like your protypical 3rd down back and then halfway through the season they get Kareem Hunt. You want to be a defense and see a fresh Kareem Hunt in the 4th qtr?

TE is solid with Njoku.

I mean--- the Browns weapons on offense are crazy.
Only negative I can come up with - and it's a stretch - is the draft is less exciting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- the NBA is fining teams that sit their guys.

Love has to play- and when Love plays the Cavs, especially since Sexton and Osman have developed pretty well, arent that bad a team.

he just got hit on the head the other day so i assume the Cavs will sit him the next couple days with "concussion like systems" to keep him out and hopefully finish out the season in, at worst, the 3 slot.

More bullshit.
League really can’t challenge injury reports.
Especially this time of season.