• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs in 2013 and 2014 were definitely on the Warriors level. Especially when you factor in that the Spurs have a significant coaching advantage in Popovich.
Maybe 2014-15 and 15-16. No way the last 2 seasons. And Cavs never got a shot at a Mavs. type team. OKC was talented, but young. Harden wasn't Harden yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was a trade

yes on MOurning

hardaway? cmon now

lately they have gotten rejected more than a fat guy on prom night--- but oh-- thy got "meetings" lol

There was no serious expectation to land any of the past few.
Both sides just kicking the tire.

Fact is players love lots of things about South Beach area.
It wont be long....[/QUOTE]
wow...how long should they need?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Cavs' fans could understand if LA stole the Cavs' "witness" idea for the playoffs this year. Seems apropos. Yeah....we could use it again, too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I don't think the Suns will better though unless they get Zion.

The top 8 and Lakers/Mavs should all be better than the Kings.

Possibly the Pelicans if they make a great trade when getting rid of AD

Way too early though

If the Suns sign a halfway decent PG or draft Ja, they inmediately improve by 10 wins.

If they do that, their young guys take a step forward and they hit Zion, they could make the playoffs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sad2:

Just....wow.

I mean, it's crazy the philosophy difference.

Jerry West continues to Jerry West. Helped with getting the Clips back in the playoff hunt.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is Bruno Fernando motivated I'm taking him 4th overall

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @tlance....

Is it possible that Jerome Robinson can evolve into a poor man's CJ McCollum or is he every bit the extreme reach of a pick that he appears to be?

Ffs....I would take Calbert Chaney lite at this point over what he appears to be.

I am an ACC fan and I haven't even seen Robinson play that much because BC was so trash. They had like 3 good players last year. And by good, I mean players who looked somewhat ready to play ACC basketball.

He could sure score at the college level though. And on a team where there really weren't many other options. But maybe that is why he scored so well?

I think it is always fair to be a bit skeptical of guys like Robinson/Fultz, etc. who did their damage on really bad teams. But at the same time, many rookies struggle to find their shot. Not panic time yet. If he doesn't play well in summer league as a sophomore then it will be time to worry a bit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's crazy the philosophy difference.

Jerry West continues to Jerry West. Helped with getting the Clips back in the playoff hunt.
I had mixed emotions about that tweet.

The way they edited it, made Magic look like a gigantic douche bag.

Sadly, I remember when he made most of those comments.

Some were not taken out of context.

He needs to take a public relations, public speaking class.

He gets so caught up in being " Magic " that he allows himself to get baited into bad situations.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Suns sign a halfway decent PG or draft Ja, they inmediately improve by 10 wins.

If they do that, their young guys take a step forward and they hit Zion, they could make the playoffs.
Ja and Booker....

Oh.

My.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss what if the Cavs got the #2 pick and took Morant.

He can be a true PG and Sexton is undersized for a 2 guard but we are realizing pretty quick he can shoot lights out. I'm not sure how it would work out but I think it is something to at least look at...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't there others who take on this challenge whose metrics aren't so poor?

Truth be told, I do believe he's a solid defender so wonder if the metrics used are out of whackAnd, if so, why are they even used?

There are quite a few who match up with the other teams' best wing all the time. Not nearly as many who guard the best PG/wing.

Why are metrics used?

Because you have to attempt to quantify defense in some capacity. There are just too many variables for me to value any metric over what I see when analyzing defense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an ACC fan and I haven't even seen Robinson play that much because BC was so trash. They had like 3 good players last year. And by good, I mean players who looked somewhat ready to play ACC basketball.

He could sure score at the college level though. And on a team where there really weren't many other options. But maybe that is why he scored so well?

I think it is always fair to be a bit skeptical of guys like Robinson/Fultz, etc. who did their damage on really bad teams. But at the same time, many rookies struggle to find their shot. Not panic time yet. If he doesn't play well in summer league as a sophomore then it will be time to worry a bit.
Problem is, Shamet is playing out of position.

He's 6'5 a d is our starting SF.

Beverley will be a Ufa this Summer.

So, Landry looks poised to fill that spot if we keep him and I hope we do.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss what if the Cavs got the #2 pick and took Morant.

He can be a true PG and Sexton is undersized for a 2 guard but we are realizing pretty quick he can shoot lights out. I'm not sure how it would work out but I think it is something to at least look at...
Dame and CJ made it work.

So, why not?