• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke game on tonight, anything else worth watching?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings in a close game = 76ers win

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like this is how you miss the playoffs.

20 point halftime lead at home....now down 6 with 8 minutes left

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the best team in league at home is one thing.

Losing to the best team because you're currently being outscored by 33 in the 2nd half after having a 20 point lead at the half is a completely different thing

Disgraceful

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losing to the best team because you're currently being outscored by 33 in the 2nd half after having a 20 point lead at the half is a completely different thing

Disgraceful

This has been a constant them in the Spoelstra era. Everytime I see that we have a significant lead in the 1st half of a game, especially against a marquee opponent, it's all but a guarantee that we're going to give up the lead or at the very least be a close game later on.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....never mind even when he was here I said I never liked Lebron James. No objectivity there, right? didn't think they'd beat GS after they acquired Durant.

wasn't a big fan of the Kyrie trade when first made but was crazy enough to think maybe we wait and see what becomes of the pick they acquired....and now all the other pieces they got because of the trade.

There are 4 Cavs fans who post here pretty often. You, @Shanemansj13, @WiggyRuss and @lebron23james

Shane is the only one of the 4 who doesn't arbitrarily inflate the value of Cavs players by 150%. And it isn't just you guys on here.

I have a buddy who is a big Cleveland sports fan.

Case and point. My buddy has absolutely crushed OBJ pretty much his entire career for his antics, calling him selfish and a team killer. He was even knocking the Giants when they recently extended Beckham's contract.

As soon as the trade went down he reversed course 100%. Now he is all about OBJ and "not at all worried about the antics".

So yeah. Pretty small sample size, but you Cleveland fans seem to do that stuff more than any other fan base I have seen.

And I get it. It is a natural tendency to overinflate the players you love and you are passionate about your team. Which is commendable. But it is damn hard to have an objective conversation about anything Cleveland related because you guys just aren't rational when it comes to your teams.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disgraceful

This has been a constant them in the Spoelstra era. Everytime I see that we have a significant lead in the 1st half of a game, especially against a marquee opponent, it's all but a guarantee that we're going to give up the lead or at the very least be a close game later on.

Pretty much a likely preview of what we'll likely see in a few weeks from now.

I'm not laying the blame on coaching. Talent wins and the Heat are probably the LEAST interesting team, talent wise, in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much a likely preview of what we'll likely see in a few weeks from now.

I'm not laying the blame on coaching. Talent wins and the Heat are probably the LEAST interesting team, talent wise, in the league.

I was going to come on here with a smart response about a team with less interesting talent,

But I really couldn't.

There are teams like the Wizards in much worse shape, but the Heat just don't have that many exciting young players.

At least you guys have South Beach and free agency in 2020.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 Cavs fans who post here pretty often. You, @Shanemansj13, @WiggyRuss and @lebron23james

Shane is the only one of the 4 who doesn't arbitrarily inflate the value of Cavs players by 150%. And it isn't just you guys on here.

I have a buddy who is a big Cleveland sports fan.

Case and point. My buddy has absolutely crushed OBJ pretty much his entire career for his antics, calling him selfish and a team killer. He was even knocking the Giants when they recently extended Beckham's contract.

As soon as the trade went down he reversed course 100%. Now he is all about OBJ and "not at all worried about the antics".

So yeah. Pretty small sample size, but you Cleveland fans seem to do that stuff more than any other fan base I have seen.

And I get it. It is a natural tendency to overinflate the players you love and you are passionate about your team. Which is commendable. But it is damn hard to have an objective conversation about anything Cleveland related because you guys just aren't rational when it comes to your teams.

Wow, it's almost like fans of teams support players that our on their team, and don't support players that aren't

Case and point. Go back and read all the negative lebron james comments on this board by lakers fans when he played on Cle and Mia. Compare that to today...

Cavs fans have been to 4 finals, and won a championship. That is a pretty successful stretch. We will see how these lakers season go, but so far it's been a disaster. If Cleveland surrounded Lebron with these "playmakers", i think you would be blasted them all season...

Your takes are about just as atrociously bad, and you don't even know it is the funny thing. You have said John Wall and Kemba Walker are better than Kyrie Irving. You think Green is better than Love, because he plays on a team with 4 all stars. What take do you have that is actually rational?

As for posting here a lot, even that isn't right. I don't even have 3k posts!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, it's almost like fans of teams support players that our on their team, and don't support players that aren't

Case and point. Go back and read all the negative lebron james comments on this board by lakers fans when he played on Cle and Mia. Compare that to today...

Cavs fans have been to 4 finals, and won a championship. That is a pretty successful stretch. We will see how these lakers season go, but so far it's been a disaster. If Cleveland surrounded Lebron with these "playmakers", i think you would be blasted them all season...

Your takes are about just as atrociously bad, and you don't even know it is the funny thing. You have said John Wall and Kemba Walker are better than Kyrie Irving. You think Green is better than Love, because he plays on a team with 4 all stars. What take do you have that is actually rational?

As for posting here a lot, even that isn't right. I don't even have 3k posts!
he was right about Colin Sexton being a Johhny Flynn level bust though right? LOL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you made the comment that implied otherwise. But I know you can't admit your gaffe so no worries.

Oh the old "admit your gaffe" stuff. So let me get this straight. I didn't agree w/ you on that topic so I've committed a gaffe right? Get outta here. Thanks for the laugh though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In comparing Love and Klay, if memory serves, you said something like "Between a great shooter and a big guy who is a decent shooter I'll always take the great shooter"

This logic means you'd take Klay (the great shooter) over AD (the big guy who is a decent shooter).

Lie, dance, deflect, tell me you only meant Love (which you didn't)......it was a fail by you.

One last time. I already said I was only talking about Klay & Love. What do you not understand about that? Oh never mind. I've already asked you that question but you refuse to answer. So do what ya gotta do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was right about Colin Sexton being a Johhny Flynn level bust though right? LOL

I didn't say he would be a bust. I said he could be. And in the sentence before I said he could be like Kemba Walker and that there was a wide range of outcomes for him.

But please continue to take small parts of my quotes completely out of context to create the narrative you want. Because when you lie to try to make me look bad, it makes you look like a damn fool.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the old "admit your gaffe" stuff. So let me get this straight. I didn't agree w/ you on that topic so I've committed a gaffe right? Get outta here. Thanks for the laugh though.

Kind of ironic that nobody outside of the Cleveland fans agrees with him either.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of ironic that nobody outside of the Cleveland fans agrees with him either.

You should have said Cavs fans, not Cleveland fans. But I agree w/ you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he would be a bust. I said he could be. And in the sentence before I said he could be like Kemba Walker and that there was a wide range of outcomes for him.

But please continue to take small parts of my quotes completely out of context to create the narrative you want. Because when you lie to try to make me look bad, it makes you look like a damn fool.
oh i am aware you equivocate most things and are too big a pussy to make actual predictions. lol I am sure either way you would have touted how you were right.