• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, they are closer to equal than one being particularly better than the other.

I think Draymond is a better defender, better ballhandler and more skilled at running an offense from the post than Love.

I think Love is a better shooter, a better pure rebounder and is at least as good a passer.

I also think that they each fit the system that they played in during the height of their success better than the other.

If they switched teams, neither the Cavs nor the Warriors would be as good as they were. It would hurt the Cavs more because the Warriors still have 3 other all stars.

I don't think that Green would fit with Lebron nearly as well as Love and I don't think that Love could do the things for the Warriors that Draymond does.
Definitely agree with those last comments, especially when both were playing for the title. I guess same now. Cavs would be a little worse with Green and GS still the favorite with Love, but not because of love. Just too talented.

Green I'm sure is a better ballhandler, but do think Love could pass out of low or high post as well as Green...just more of a threat to shoot from there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
different when it's something that can be backed up with facts or something so obvious. But thinking a 5X all star who is one of the few 20-10 guys who can make 3s could be better than a guy who is an elite wing shooter and solid defender and not needed to do much more isn't so nuts.

does this mean you also think Green is better than Love too like most?

Honestly,

The way Draymond has played this year I am not so sure. He has not been very good.

But the last 4 years?

No brainer. Draymond has been better and more valuable to his team.

There are probably fit situations where I would have preferred to have Love, and Cleveland was surely one of them. But Dray was better.

And believe me, when Dray signs his mega contract in 2 years I will be just as critical of it as I am of Love's deal unless he starts playing more like 2016 and 2017 Draymond.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case and point. Go back and read all the negative lebron james comments on this board by lakers fans when he played on Cle and Mia. Compare that to today...

This is false. I don't know of any Lakers fans who have changed their opinion on Lebron.

Posters like myself, @DJ, etc. have said all along that we don't like Lebron or his antics/drama, but would welcome him on the Lakers because he is also an all time great player.

In fact, I have said several times over the years that if Lebron came to the Lakers, I would view in much the same way that I did Kobe. I never liked Kobe, but I was glad he was on the Lakers.That's exactly how I feel about Lebron.

@ChiefsLakers67 never liked Lebron, never wanted him on the Lakers, still didn't want him on the Lakers when they were sitting in the 4 seed and damn sure doesn't want him after the AD debacle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is false. I don't know of any Lakers fans who have changed their opinion on Lebron.

Posters like myself, @DJ, etc. have said all along that we don't like Lebron or his antics/drama, but would welcome him on the Lakers because he is also an all time great player.

In fact, I have said several times over the years that if Lebron came to the Lakers, I would view in much the same way that I did Kobe. I never liked Kobe, but I was glad he was on the Lakers.That's exactly how I feel about Lebron.

@ChiefsLakers67 never liked Lebron, never wanted him on the Lakers, still didn't want him on the Lakers when they were sitting in the 4 seed and damn sure doesn't want him after the AD debacle.

I say the same and am called a homer for it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with those last comments, especially when both were playing for the title. I guess same now. Cavs would be a little worse with Green and GS still the favorite with Love, but not because of love. Just too talented.

Green I'm sure is a better ballhandler, but do think Love could pass out of low or high post as well as Green...just more of a threat to shoot from there.

Love might be able to pass as well out of the post, but to be fair to him, he's never really had to.

In Minny, he was their #1 option and much of the time, was their only option. So, wherever he got the ball, he was probably shooting.

That's why I have Love as "at least as good a passer" because I think he does a great job of making entry passes/feeding the post from the perimeter, but Green is better at passing to the perimeter from the paint.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone is calling you a homer for that.

But to be fair, we didn't know you when LeBron was a Cav.

I think you get lumped in with the homers for your Kevin Love outlook. And maybe that is an outliar and not representative of your overall Cleveland opinions. But an extremely large percentage of your posts have been someway related to Love, so that is why some people have that perception of you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're called a homer for overvaluing Love and thinking everyone rips the Cavs more than any other team

And so what, we are all a little homerish. That's called being a fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, actual predictions are why you are currently living on Mars and only have one nut. :dhd:

Seriously though, you need to stop with the "if you don't make a prediction, you're a pussy" bullshit.

When evaluating a players potential, it's not about making predictions as much as it is about looking at the player and assessing several potential outcomes.

You have actually used that yourself many times talking about players.

Talented players like Sexton always have a range of potential outcomes. With Sexton, his rookie season has shown that there is potential there. It also has shown the holes in his game. Which is what happens with every rookie.

So far, just looking at his improvement from the beginning of the season until now, he looks like he may have the work ethic for him to eventually get to the higher end of his potential.

However, he's also about to have his first off-season as a millionaire. So, will he be one of those guys who spends the off-season working on his game? Or will he be one that spends the off-season travelling and enjoying his money?

The obvious work that he has done during the season tends to indicate that he will put in the work. But, that doesn't mean the latter isn't possible.
i mean- "several potential outcomes" - its weak and it isnt a prediction then. its just bullshit

its like saying- well the guy could be good, the guy could be bad

the Cavs could win the game, or they could lose the game.

LeBron could be the best player in the league next year or he might not be.

weak and equivocating and really doesn't mean anything.

its as if you never said anything- well- he might be good or he might be bad. I mean cmon.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.

Notice that I didn't put you in that group. You are quite rational when posting about your favorite teams.

Maybe not when it comes to Duke though.......

meeeechegan or dook

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, they are closer to equal than one being particularly better than the other.

I think Draymond is a better defender, better ballhandler and more skilled at running an offense from the post than Love.

I think Love is a better shooter, a better pure rebounder and is at least as good a passer.

I also think that they each fit the system that they played in during the height of their success better than the other.

If they switched teams, neither the Cavs nor the Warriors would be as good as they were. It would hurt the Cavs more because the Warriors still have 3 other all stars.

I don't think that Green would fit with Lebron nearly as well as Love and I don't think that Love could do the things for the Warriors that Draymond does.
the draymond that was shooting great from 3 and was a force from what? 3-4 years ago? he was amzing

this draymond is kinda shitty and seems like hes not worth the problems he creates. one of the reasons why he was so great for a little while there was that he could shoot- now he cant shoot shit and seems to complain more than anything.

I read something where the Warriors may just trade him away to make a serious run at keeping Durant and have no real intention of giving him a huge contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No,

I make predictions all the time. Unlike you though, I don't go all in on absurd proclamations saying things like:

"If JaVale McGee averages more than 8 points a game I will fly to Mars"

Or

"I will cut off a testicle if LeBron signs in LA without a 2nd star"

And the difference is that I don't have to take your quotes out of context because you actually said this stuff.

When I believe in something, I state it.

But there were a lot of questions that objective fans had about Colin Sexton, hence the range of outcomes. Most questioned his scoring efficiency and playmaking ability. He has answered most of them appears to be firmly on the Kemba Walker track. But that wasn't a given before the season started.
rainbow-element-260nw-163437758.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- "several potential outcomes" - its weak and it isnt a prediction then. its just bullshit

its like saying- well the guy could be good, the guy could be bad

the Cavs could win the game, or they could lose the game.

LeBron could be the best player in the league next year or he might not be.

weak and equivocating and really doesn't mean anything.

its as if you never said anything- well- he might be good or he might be bad. I mean cmon.

Except that isn't what I did at all.

If I said he could be like Michael Jordan or Pat McCaw, that would be BS.

I didn't do that.

I took 2 scoring PGs, both lottery picks that weren't can't miss prospects who displayed somewhat similar skill sets in college, but had very different careers.

So actually, my comp was on the money because Kemba is the player I see Sexton compared to most often. That is high quality analysis. Maybe you can learn from it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on.

It all depends on the team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really imagine Green on the Cavs and Love on the Warriors?

Green having to score 20-23ppg is a recipe for disaster and why he isn't a true max player as a FA.

His value is worth more on the W's than any other team in the League.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love would probably average 13-15ppg max in Green's role. If that. But, he'd average more than Green because he's a skilled offensive player and he'd get open looks.