• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd stick with Luke. He was handed an impossible situation that was made even more impossible with all of the injuries. But I'm also a bit of a Luke apologist.

But, of the 2 choices, I'd also go with Lue. Mark Jackson was good for the Warriors (made them play defense, got them believing in themselves), but that was a very young roster and he managed to piss off literally everyone else in the organization. Not a lot of people knew outside of the organization because the Warriors weren't really a thing yet.

On the Lakers...that shit would be all over the interwebz creating more drama and distraction. Especially since the first thing he'd probably do is piss off Lebron. lol

Lebron apparently likes Lue and word is that Lue isn't afraid to tell Lebron to stfu. He also has playoff and championship experience as both a player and a coach.
Very well said. Of the 2 I take Lue, but agree not so sure he's any better than Walton. Any stuation with Lebron is a tough situation as we can see from this thread.

Succeed and as a coach you get no credit. Lose and it's all on you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue did what exactly? Not much. James, Irving, and Love as the #3 option is a pretty good trio. Almost anybody could coach them to a title.....

Jackson was taking ver the Warriors when they absolutely sucked......2 very different situatons.....

I am not sure I agree. In fact, I think many coaches would have failed to win a title considering the competition. Lue handily outcoached Kerr in 2016.

Some are saying that Lue did nothing, and that isn't entirely true. But, he did get out of the way and let his players do their thing. Some coaches make the mistake of overcoaching great players. Sometimes you just have to give them the ball in good spots and let them make plays.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To really drive the nail home

Lue/Blatt's record minus LeBron was 4-19

That roster was not that bad in those three years.. 17/18 a different story but LeBron played every frigging game. You know who started 32 games though? Jose flipping Calderon. At 36. A guy who hadn't started useful games in like six years.

He couldn't figure how to use Jae Crowder and Jae actually managed to be a below league average defender for the only time in his career.

The inexplicable attraction to Jeff Green who again has retreated to being a no one on a no one team. Although I have to say I'm blown away he can actually make threes this year. Which is nice because he's the worst 6 foot 9 rebounder in the NBA.
Yet with all this and being written off they made it back to the Finals. Crowder was let go because he was a D.

You make mention Jose Flippin Calderon started 36 games and instead of crediting Lue for getting them back to the Finals you blame him?

Green did have some issues but also was the reason they won a handful of playoff games, including Game 7 of the ECF if memory serves.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible coaching decision.

Even worse when you remember it was planned.

Lmfao that they think they have a death lineup.

.Whenever the Los Angeles Lakers get LeBron James and Rajon Rondo back healthy, Kyle Kuzma wants to see the team implement a strategy it hasn't yet used this season: a "death lineup."

"Honestly think our small-ball unit can be really good," Kuzma said at shootaround Wednesday ahead of the Lakers' game against the Detroit Pistons. "I think we can have a death lineup, whether that's Rondo and Lonzo [Ball] on the floor at the same time and me and [Brandon Ingram] and Bron, or substituting guys.

I would say yes.

Lakers still have the advantage.

BUT, the LeBron Circus could be a con against the Lakers.
As someone else also pointed out (don't recall who) it comes down, as you mentioned, to if a player wants to play with Lebron.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying he had some success and like most you seem to be among the many who gives the coach no credit if you don't like him but all the blame if there are issues.

OK, what's how I feel about him have to do with it...?

you DO realize this was the same coach who went for a 4th down on his own 30 and blew it, right...?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry probably could have been the coach and the Cavs would have still won.

You realize the Cavs were never the superior team though, right?

Regardless of LeBron and Kyrie heroics, Green's suspension and the Warrior injuries, if Steve Kerr held his own in the coaching battle, the Warriors win that series still.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I agree. In fact, I think many coaches would have failed to win a title considering the competition. Lue handily outcoached Kerr in 2016.

Some are saying that Lue did nothing, and that isn't entirely true. But, he did get out of the way and let his players do their thing. Some coaches make the mistake of overcoaching great players. Sometimes you just have to give them the ball in good spots and let them make plays.
Really cannot believe I'm getting crushed for this. Even said I don't think Lue is anything special. Guy coached 3 full seasons, won a title and played for 2 others losing only to a team no one could beat. Just not sure what anyone saw that made them think he can't coach.

could other coaches have won with his team? Perhaps. But perhaps not. Could others have beaten GS? Sure it's possible but my guess is no.

Is it fair to think he could not take an above avg. team and make them great? Sure. But we don't know as he's never had such a team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet with all this and being written off they made it back to the Finals. Crowder was let go because he was a D.

You make mention Jose Flippin Calderon started 36 games and instead of crediting Lue for getting them back to the Finals you blame him?

Green did have some issues but also was the reason they won a handful of playoff games, including Game 7 of the ECF if memory serves.

Green did have a couple good games late in the playoffs I will grant you that.

I just can't imagine a universe where Jose Calderon at the age of 36 and six years past his prime could start at PG for a finals caliber team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really cannot believe I'm getting crushed for this. Even said I don't think Lue is anything special. Guy coached 3 full seasons, won a title and played for 2 others losing only to a team no one could beat. Just not sure what anyone saw that made them think he can't coach.

could other coaches have won with his team? Perhaps. But perhaps not. Could others have beaten GS? Sure it's possible but my guess is no.

Is it fair to think he could not take an above avg. team and make them great? Sure. But we don't know as he's never had such a team.

I'm mostly just messing with you and I enjoy blaming Michael Curry for ruining the Pistons run. Even though they had no chance at beating the Cavs/Celtics anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, what's how I feel about him have to do with it...?

you DO realize this was the same coach who went for a 4th down on his own 30 and blew it, right...?
And I do realize I've seen fans rip the coach when they don't go for it on their own 30 or closer and lose the game.

JJ won 2 titles and Switzer won 1 in Dallas. And Switzer was also somewhat successful in college, too, if you weren't aware.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rodney Hood game.

20 of the last 22 points for Portland

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green did have a couple good games late in the playoffs I will grant you that.

I just can't imagine a universe where Jose Calderon at the age of 36 and six years past his prime could start at PG for a finals caliber team.
doesn't that support Ty Lue as he was forced to play him a lot?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do realize I've seen fans rip the coach when they don't go for it on their own 30 or closer and lose the game.

JJ won 2 titles and Switzer won 1 in Dallas. And Switzer was also somewhat successful in college, too, if you weren't aware.

oh, I'm QUITE aware...

point is he had NO business coaching an NFL team, bottom line...

but right place, right time, right roster...

so there ya go...