• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson was rebuilding the Warriors and laid the groundwork for Kerr.....his first year brings down his winning %.

Lue came into a team that had James and some good pieces around him, playing in the EC.

2 people so far got it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're smarter than everybody on tHoop......aren't we so fortunate to be around somebody so smart?

:L
If you were being sarcastic in your comments I missed it. But, no, never said as much. Only offered my opinion supported by logic, facts and reason

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were being sarcastic in your comments I missed it. But, no, never said as much. Only offered my opinion supported by logic, facts and reason

Translation:

"I have an agenda, if you don't agree with me......I'll baffle you with bullshit."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation:

"I have an agenda, if you don't agree with me......I'll baffle you with bullshit."
An agenda by saying Lue is nothing special, but providing facts why he might be better than Jackson? You can't refute them. Like most days you go to deflection. No biggie.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows this. Even Wggy and LTCF know this.....and they are die-hard Cavs fans.
This is an opinion. I'm sure Lebron has plenty of say but all this proves is you are like most if you don't like a coach. When things go well you credit the players, when they go poorly you blame the coach.

Lebron is also in control in LA. How's that working out for ya?

Lue might be the only coach Lebron had who wasn't afraid of him.....at least since Silas.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd choose nearly every coach in the league over Lue.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An agenda by saying Lue is nothing special, but providing facts why he might be better than Jackson? You can't refute them. Like most days you go to deflection. No biggie.

Lue did what exactly? Not much. James, Irving, and Love as the #3 option is a pretty good trio. Almost anybody could coach them to a title.....

Jackson was taking ver the Warriors when they absolutely sucked......2 very different situatons.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said pretty much everyone last July except for a few homers.

Still, a fully healthy Lebron and the team probably slides in someone around the 7th seed the last week of season. If you want to spin this as positive, maybe missing the playoffs will make Magic/Pelinka realize how bad and wrongheaded their thinking was (we're gonna "out tough" the Warriors!! Who needs shooting and good two way play?) Now they can make the proper adjustments. If they snuck in, that would never happen.

To be fair to Magic and Pelinka, there wasn't a lot left, especially dependable shooters. They really didn't have a lot to choose from. Much of the talk was just trying to put lipstick on a pig. lol

I think the trades for Bullock and Muscala show that they realize that roster was flawed from the start and are trying to correct it.

I think we all knew that this roster, especially the 1 year guys, was just a bridge to next season and that if they lost anyone, especially Lebron, for any length of time, this is what we were in for.

Even fully healthy, they were likely never as good as the 4 seed they were sitting at when Lebron and Rondo went down and they aren't as bad as their current 10th seed either.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an opinion. I'm sure Lebron has plenty of say but all this proves is you are like most if you don't like a coach. When things go well you credit the players, when they go poorly you blame the coach.

Lebron is also in control in LA. How's that working out for ya?

Lue might be the only coach Lebron had who wasn't afraid of him.....at least since Silas.

Uh, James isn't in control in LA.....and it's his first season.....with no 2nd star.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd choose nearly every coach in the league over Lue.

same here...

reminds of back a couple of decades ago when Barry Switzer was "coaching" the Cowboys. You or I could have coached that team and came away with titles because they were simply too talented to lose...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Fizdale hadn't got the Knicks job.....he's who I really wanted when the Grizzlies let him go.