• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was last night the final straw for Luke Walton?
dont know if there is much point firing him for the rest of the season- unless they think it would cause everyone to play better- which, i dunno. It might just cause all the young guys to hang their heads. That has been their guy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Lue = Michael Curry

Gets along with players way over his head as a coach.

Curry took a Pistons nucleus that advanced to the ECF six straight years and made them garbage.

That is Ty Lue without a LeBron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is nothing special, but they did go to 3 straight Finals, beat a team no one has beaten in the playoffs in 4 seasons and didn't lose to anyone but GS.

would think they could do better but of the 2 I'd go Lue.

Personally, I'd stick with Luke. He was handed an impossible situation that was made even more impossible with all of the injuries. But I'm also a bit of a Luke apologist.

But, of the 2 choices, I'd also go with Lue. Mark Jackson was good for the Warriors (made them play defense, got them believing in themselves), but that was a very young roster and he managed to piss off literally everyone else in the organization. Not a lot of people knew outside of the organization because the Warriors weren't really a thing yet.

On the Lakers...that shit would be all over the interwebz creating more drama and distraction. Especially since the first thing he'd probably do is piss off Lebron. lol

Lebron apparently likes Lue and word is that Lue isn't afraid to tell Lebron to stfu. He also has playoff and championship experience as both a player and a coach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster make up is more of the problem than Luke. Also Ingram and Kuzma inconsistency and very little improvement from Lonzo didn't help either

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster make up is more of the problem than Luke. Also Ingram and Kuzma inconsistency and very little improvement from Lonzo didn't help either

actually i'll slightly disagree in the case of Lonzo. he was starting to show improvement from the perimeter and also attacking the basket to set up the inside out game...

the injury is what put the brakes to that...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they miss the playoffs I’ll be shocked if Walton starts the season next year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm upset about it. Only issue was with those who said he left because they traded Kyrie and it was the last straw. Or any other reason they gave that actually was basketball related.

Clearly, he just wanted to go to LA....which is his right.

Just wanting to go to LA was certainly part of it. There really was no "basketball reason for him to go or sign for as long as he did. Even if Lebron was "all in" on the potential of the Lakers kids, they still didn't have the shooters they were going to need.

But, I think that trading Kyrie was part of it (although apparently, Kyrie was threatening to have season ending surgery). Plus, there were other moves that the Cavs didn't make because they wanted a commitment from Lebron that he wouldn't give them.

Basically, Dan Gilbert decided he wanted his franchise back, was making demands of Lebron to make moves that Lebron didn't want to give him and Gilbert wasn't making moves without them.

If he had, the Cavs almost certainly make another finals and assuming a healthy Lebron, PG and Kyrie, maybe even win another title. But if all 3 leave, then he's left without even the assets he traded for PG to start the rebuild.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done but magic put him in a position to fail imo

No question, I just don’t understand how businessmen can make such bad decisions. Had magic ever been a GM before? Had he trained to be a GM? Same thing with Elway in Denver, just because they were a great player doesn’t mean they can do more than that. In fact its more likely than not that they can’t.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To really drive the nail home

Lue/Blatt's record minus LeBron was 4-19

That roster was not that bad in those three years.. 17/18 a different story but LeBron played every frigging game. You know who started 32 games though? Jose flipping Calderon. At 36. A guy who hadn't started useful games in like six years.

He couldn't figure how to use Jae Crowder and Jae actually managed to be a below league average defender for the only time in his career.

The inexplicable attraction to Jeff Green who again has retreated to being a no one on a no one team. Although I have to say I'm blown away he can actually make threes this year. Which is nice because he's the worst 6 foot 9 rebounder in the NBA.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you were right, most of us do admit error including me. But you....not so much. Why is it hard for you? I suspect autism.
He is just in love with himself.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could not be more funny. You call say you are done, then cannot stop yourself from posting......then call me a hypocrite.

Please never change.

I can't remember, is this post I'm quoting you not being able to stop replying to me, or something else?

Please do change.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS and Philly both interested in Bogut....he just finished an MVP season in Aussie-land.

To wave a towel? LOL.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Lue = Michael Curry

Gets along with players way over his head as a coach.

Curry took a Pistons nucleus that advanced to the ECF six straight years and made them garbage.

That is Ty Lue without a LeBron.

Good comparison.