• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, I think you guys are gonna be fine. all the discord we're having on our side is something i'm gonna nickname the Cleveland Curse... ESPECIALLY if Ty Lue gets hired as our next coach...

If you had to choose between Ty Lue and Marc Jackson

Who are you taking?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a last word freak, I said I was done. It's not a crime to be a hypocrite
you could not be more funny. You call say you are done, then cannot stop yourself from posting......then call me a hypocrite.

Please never change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we maybe take a break on Kevin Love lol

And yes the Cavs got rocked today.

I'm half wondering if the brass didn't trade Bullock to force Casey to play Kennard
No doubt missing Love killed them, especially their defense which was nonexistant without him.

I kid......I kid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to choose between Ty Lue and Marc Jackson

Who are you taking?
Guy is nothing special, but they did go to 3 straight Finals, beat a team no one has beaten in the playoffs in 4 seasons and didn't lose to anyone but GS.

would think they could do better but of the 2 I'd go Lue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant sit Love after sitting him tonight

and holy shit the Cavs front court was overmatched tonight--- Griffin and Drummond and the Cavs were missing Love, TT, and Zizic (who has actually been playing moderately well and of course would play a solid amount vs. that huge Detroit front court).

It was a massacre.
Cannot say I saw much of the game, but numbers looked like Griffin and Drummond were good but not great. Guessing because game was over early and they were not needed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepperoni?
One of my favorite pizzas from a chain. Detroit pizza from Master Pizza (@Stakesarehigh as good as the real thing, other than maybe Buddy's).

Baked potato pizza with potato, bacon, grilled onions (and sausage added) with a cheesy garlic butter sauce.

Delicious.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is- it just seems like Tatum has balls. He was maybe the best guy, at times anyway, on a team that got to Game 7 of the ECF last year. He thrived under pressure. He plays very solid defense.

Ingram just does not seem to have the same balls. I havent seen him step up in crunch time like Tatum did over and over last year. And he is certianly not on the same level defensively- not too mention he has a ffull year of experience on tatum.

Tatum just seems more athletic too- which is i am sure why his defense is gnerally regarded as much better.

Ingram has played well lately, but like last night, the Lakers are up 2 with 2:20 to play, and then Ingram disapears and the Lakers lose by double digits. Thats not Ingrams fault exclsuviely- but it also has to be said- its not like he did anything to prevent it either
I think is mostly all true, but Ingram seems from the little I've seen to not be afraid of Lebron and if he has a shot he'll take it. He certainly is not their problem in this latest losing stretch.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Kyrie is not that athletic. Average by NBA standards in all honesty. Maybe even below average. It is his amazing skill set that separates him.

Early career Barkley was an athletic freak.

LeBron?

Was an elite defender for a really long time. Now he is 34 and trying to conserve energy.

Big difference.
I can recall Kyrie wanting to play D against GS in the 2016 series and he was very good. He checked out after that one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missing those free throws too.....its just been a nightmare for him.

I gotta say--- call me a butt-hurt hater if you want--- but i am so happy to see him lose like this.

to go from 8 straight Finals appearances to missing the playoffs would be exactly what he deserves- especially after the bullshit him and Rich Paul tried to pull.
I can't say I'm upset about it. Only issue was with those who said he left because they traded Kyrie and it was the last straw. Or any other reason they gave that actually was basketball related.

Clearly, he just wanted to go to LA....which is his right.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is true.

Here's the thing...

If we whiff in free agency this Summer, we have no choice but to build thru the draft.

Having our own pick goes a long way towards achieving that goal.

Yeah, we can try to trade for a guy.

But, outside of Davis, what Star player could we get via trade that would even move the needle?

My biggest fear is that we go the clown car route and do what Jim Buds did, by throwing big money at unworthy free agents.

Jerry being on board mitigates that fear a bit.

But...Clippers like to Clip.
Serious question......since both are in LA do the Lakers still have a better chance to land a FA than the Clips all things being equal due to reputation?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 Regular Season NBA Team Stats and League Leaders - Offense Per Game - National Basketball Association - ESPN

@DJ

Lakers tied for 27th/28th in 3 pt field goal percentage...notice you have not quoted taht stat much lately.

Something most everyone said at the beginning of the season when Magic signed a bunch of guys that cant shoot--"what is he doing?"

I think everyone thought the Lakers lack of shooting would bite them in the ass, and unsurprisingly, that is exactly what is happening.

Gotta be able to shoot the 3 in todays game, and when you have LeBron spacing for you and still cant get in the top half of the league, something is going wrong.
This was one of the many times Magic said something like "we need to do this differently than Cleveland" right, and the fanboy media members nodded their heads in agreement?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can recall Kyrie wanting to play D against GS in the 2016 series and he was very good. He checked out after that one.

He isn't a bad athlete. He should be a better defender than he is, and he can be.

But on the NBA guard athlete scale where

TJ McConnell is a 1 and Westbrook is a 10

Kyrie is pretty squarely in the middle. He is like a 5 on the bigger/faster/stronger scale.

Also, while Kyrie defended well in 2016 Curry playing hurt certainly contributed.