• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is true.

Here's the thing...

If we whiff in free agency this Summer, we have no choice but to build thru the draft.

Having our own pick goes a long way towards achieving that goal.

Yeah, we can try to trade for a guy.

But, outside of Davis, what Star player could we get via trade that would even move the needle?

My biggest fear is that we go the clown car route and do what Jim Buds did, by throwing big money at unworthy free agents.

Jerry being on board mitigates that fear a bit.

But...Clippers like to Clip.
Ballmer, West, Jenkins

those 3 will get someone there

plus- with how this season is going- i think its hurting the Lakers free agent chances. Between the Davis stuff, LeBron always acting like he deserves none of the blame and throwing his teammates under the bus, - it just seems like the narratives are going in separate directions right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is a team sport
2018-19 Regular Season NBA Team Stats and League Leaders - Offense Per Game - National Basketball Association - ESPN

@DJ

Lakers tied for 27th/28th in 3 pt field goal percentage...notice you have not quoted taht stat much lately.

Something most everyone said at the beginning of the season when Magic signed a bunch of guys that cant shoot--"what is he doing?"

I think everyone thought the Lakers lack of shooting would bite them in the ass, and unsurprisingly, that is exactly what is happening.

Gotta be able to shoot the 3 in todays game, and when you have LeBron spacing for you and still cant get in the top half of the league, something is going wrong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are 3rd in the NBA in 3 pt shooting by the way with a 37.9% right in front of Indiana at #4

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....annnnd it begins....lol

I wouldnt put dirt on LEBrons grave yet......4 1/2 out against some deeply flawed teams.....

but its getting late thats for sure.

maybe Ball can spark them because - if they even get a decent game out of Rondo tonight- they win- he played like ass

beasley over lopez was a terrible mistake by Magic

Rondo and KCP - they spent what? almost 20M on salary between those 2 guys? bad moves. very bad moves.

Magic's moves were just not good.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers and Spurs 18 games left and should win 9 of those if they neither one go on a huge losing streak. DONT COUNT ON THAT.

LAKERS have 19 games and must win 6 more games then the Clippers or the Spurs, so that means the Lakers must win 15 of their last 19 games to make the playoffs.

I just dont think it is realistic to expect the Lakers to make the playoffs which means they now will be thinking about

Who they will choose in the draft

Possible coaching changes

Will any elite players sign with the Lakers considering they will barely break 42 wins

Possible trades.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic's moves were just not good.

Said pretty much everyone last July except for a few homers.

Still, a fully healthy Lebron and the team probably slides in someone around the 7th seed the last week of season. If you want to spin this as positive, maybe missing the playoffs will make Magic/Pelinka realize how bad and wrongheaded their thinking was (we're gonna "out tough" the Warriors!! Who needs shooting and good two way play?) Now they can make the proper adjustments. If they snuck in, that would never happen.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been over, my friend.

What's crazy is Paul Pierce might actually be right for once; they should just sit Lebron so he doesn't get some long term injury and tank the rest of the season to get a better lottery pick

I think that would be the wise move

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously didn't work out for LeBron this season but damn here come the haters.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, the best part of the Lakers demise is that it throws some distraction cover on how bad the Celtics have been doing lately.

:evil:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder need to get Paul George back fast.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said pretty much everyone last July except for a few homers.

Still, a fully healthy Lebron and the team probably slides in someone around the 7th seed the last week of season. If you want to spin this as positive, maybe missing the playoffs will make Magic/Pelinka realize how bad and wrongheaded their thinking was (we're gonna "out tough" the Warriors!! Who needs shooting and good two way play?) Now they can make the proper adjustments. If they snuck in, that would never happen.

They clearly out thought themselves.

They weren't going to beat the warriors with a watered down version of what the Warriors had, so they tried to go against the grain.

Problem is, acquiring inefficient non-shooting slashers just isn't the way to go in today's game. Especially not when you have LeBron.

The Lakers weren't beating the Lakers this year no matter what they did. Now, because they look utterly dysfunctional it will reduce their odds of landing that difference maker this summer.

I thought they would still be a playoff team because they have LeBron, but he has missed 18 games and has not seemed interested in leading. Starting to look like a lost season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, the best part of the Lakers demise is that it throws some distraction cover on how bad the Celtics have been doing lately.

:evil:

meh, I think you guys are gonna be fine. all the discord we're having on our side is something i'm gonna nickname the Cleveland Curse... ESPECIALLY if Ty Lue gets hired as our next coach...