• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst record is in the West.

And Phoenix is a bad team, but no way you can convince me that the Knicks are better or that the pre allstar break Cavs are better.

They are bad but they have better young talent IMO than the Cavs or Knicks.....the Suns just have horrible management and coaching.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Kings and Lakers are currently in the 9th and 10th spots in the West. In the East, the Kings would be 6th and 7th.

There is a 7 game gap between the #5 and #6 teams in the East.

In the West, there is a 7 game gap between the #4 and #10 team.

It would be interesting to see where teams stacked up if there were a balanced schedule.

Outside of the Kings, seeds 6-10 in the West been nothing special against the East.

Considering the East is soooooo bad, a team like Utah should be much better than 13-9 vs the East, Spurs should be better than 9-8, and Lakers should be better than 9-11

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Kings, seeds 6-10 in the West been nothing special against the East.

Considering the East is soooooo bad, a team like Utah should be much better than 13-9 vs the East, Spurs should be better than 9-8, and Lakers should be better than 9-11

You realize that just playing a few games here and there vs. Western Conference teams is different than playing them as consistently as they play each other and Western Conference teams play each other, right?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that just playing a few games here and there vs. Western Conference teams is different than playing them as consistently as they play each other and Western Conference teams play each other, right?

Still a lame excuse.

Once again if the East is so shitty then teams currently in the West playoffs race shouldn't struggle to barely be over .500 against the East in late February.

Knocking a team like Milwaukee because they play in the East is ridiculous. That team won 70% of their games against the West and are 8-3 against the other top 4 teams in the East. This team would be right up there behind Golden State if they played in the West

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a lame excuse.

Once again if the East is so shitty then teams currently in the West playoffs race shouldn't struggle to barely be over .500 against the East in late February.

Knocking a team like Milwaukee because they play in the East is ridiculous. That team won 70% of their games against the West and are 8-3 against the other top 4 teams in the East. This team would be right up there behind Golden State if they played in the West

Seriously?!?

It's like saying that because the Lakers blew out the Warriors in the only game they faced them when they were completely healthy, that they could beat them in the playoffs.

I get that you are an EC fan and want the narrative to be different. But the fact is that a weaker schedule is a weaker schedule and the team playing the weaker schedule benefits from it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst record is in the West.

And Phoenix is a bad team, but no way you can convince me that the Knicks are better or that the pre allstar break Cavs are better.

Speaking of the Knicks it would be funny if they had the same record as the Suns w/ one game remaining & played.

The Cavs have been playing damn good basketball lately. They've won 3 of their last 4. They keep that nonsense up & they'll play themselves right outta that # 1 pick.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!?

It's like saying that because the Lakers blew out the Warriors in the only game they faced them when they were completely healthy, that they could beat them in the playoffs.

I get that you are an EC fan and want the narrative to be different. But the fact is that a weaker schedule is a weaker schedule and the team playing the weaker schedule benefits from it.

And Milwaukee, Toronto,Philly, and Boston would still be top teams if they played in the West.

Let's quit acting like they're only really good because of the conference they play in....especially not Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philly

You don't win 45 of your first 59 or 44 of your first 60 simply because you play in a weaker conference

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Knicks it would be funny if they had the same record as the Suns w/ one game remaining & played.

The Cavs have been playing damn good basketball lately. They've won 3 of their last 4. They keep that nonsense up & they'll play themselves right outta that # 1 pick.

Great thing Cleveland got going for them is the Bulls started to win games also so they still got that 2 game advantage on Chicago

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thing Cleveland got going for them is the Bulls started to win games also so they still got that 2 game advantage on Chicago

Keeping an eye on the worst teams in the league has never been more exciting than this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping an eye on the worst teams in the league has never been more exciting than this year.

The fight for 3rd is intense since the top 3 will all have the same chance of getting #1.

Pretty obvious the Knicks and Suns are locked in unless something ridiculous happens. The tank race between the Bulls and Cavs is fascinating

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Milwaukee, Toronto,Philly, and Boston would still be top teams if they played in the West.

Let's quit acting like they're only really good because of the conference they play in....especially not Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philly

You don't win 45 of your first 59 or 44 of your first 60 simply because you play in a weaker conference

I never said they wouldn't. No one has said that there's a large gap between the top of the West and the top of the East.

There is a gap, but it's smaller than the rest of the West vs. the rest of the East.

Even at that, the records of the top teams in the East are unlikely as to be as good as they are now because they would be playing better teams more often.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight for 3rd is intense since the top 3 will all have the same chance of getting #1.

Pretty obvious the Knicks and Suns are locked in unless something ridiculous happens. The tank race between the Bulls and Cavs is fascinating

Why isn't the league covering this? The race to # 1 could go down to the wire.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they wouldn't. No one has said that there's a large gap between the top of the West and the top of the East.

There is a gap, but it's smaller than the rest of the West vs. the rest of the East.

This is where I disagree with you. Excluding the Warriors, I would take the top of the East over Denver, OKC, Portland, and Houston.

I think Denver is overrated and will be exposed in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure Milwaukee, Toronto, Philly, and Boston can all beat them in a best of 7. Same goes for Portland. Houston and OKC can probably beat 2 of those 4 in a series but not all 4. Also don't forget how good Indy was before Oladipo went down. They were on their way to a 55 win season

I obviously agree about the gap between the conferences from 6-15.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston 12-8 vs East
Bucks 14-6 vs West
Toronto 17-6 vs West
Philly 16-7 vs the West

Philly actually has a higher winning % vs the West than they do against the East.

There are only 4 Western Conference teams with a really good record vs the East.

The 10th seeded East team has a winning record vs the West at the moment.......

And as you know full well,

None of those numbers matter even a little bit when it comes down to a 7 game series between those 2 teams.

Do you deny the West teams have much more difficult schedules?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he doesn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pretty funny how the lottery was supposed to stop teams from tanking but seems to have had the opposite effect.

Now, not only are we focused on teams trying to win enough to get better seeding/make the playoffs...

But we are also almost as focused on teams trying to lose enough to get at least a top 3 pick.

The fans of the lottery winner almost celebrate like the fans of the team that wins the title. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I disagree with you. Excluding the Warriors, I would take the top of the East over Denver, OKC, Portland, and Houston.

Denver and Portland...maybe.

OKC and Houston (assuming CP3 and Harden are healthy), I disagree.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!?

Which doesn't change that the Bucks have won 70% of their games against the West and have the largest point differential in basketball by a wide margin. If the Bucks were in the West how many fewer wins do you think they would have?

The difference between the 2 conferences boils down to about 3 or 4 times being compartively worse in the East than the West.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty funny how the lottery was supposed to stop teams from tanking but seems to have had the opposite effect.

Now, not only are we focused on teams trying to win enough to get better seeding/make the playoffs...

But we are also almost as focused on teams trying to lose enough to get at least a top 3 pick.

The fans of the lottery winner almost celebrate like the fans of the team that wins the title. lol

I don't think teams are trying to tank more now than in the past.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as you know full well,

None of those numbers matter even a little bit when it comes down to a 7 game series between those 2 teams.

Do you deny the West teams have much more difficult schedules?

Nope

You really think Denver can beat any of the 4 in the East in a 7 game series?

Same question for Portland?