• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ok with him walking if they sign back Harris?

I think Harris fit better with them since he doesn't need the ball in his hands as frequently as Jimmy

If we Harris, I'm ok with letting Butler walk. I'm ambivalent about him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which doesn't change that the Bucks have won 70% of their games against the West and have the largest point differential in basketball by a wide margin. If the Bucks were in the West how many fewer wins do you think they would have?

The difference between the 2 conferences boils down to about 3 or 4 times being compartively worse in the East than the West.

It doesn't change it under the current scheduling. But I'd be wiling to bet it would be different under a balanced schedule or a Western Conference schedule.

As I said, a weaker schedule is a weaker schedule and a team playing a weaker schedule benefits from it.

Hard to say how many fewer games they would have won. At a guess, maybe 3-5 (3 more likely). Certainly not enough to do much as far as the overall standings.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is such a baffling team and I am really starting to think that Kyrie is the problem.

Which begs the question...How hard do the Celtics try to re-sign him?

On the one hand, we've seen what he is capable of in the playoffs and how clutch he can be...which is something every team needs.

On the other hand, if your team is better without him....?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which begs the question...How hard do the Celtics try to re-sign him?

On the one hand, we've seen what he is capable of in the playoffs and how clutch he can be...which is something every team needs.

On the other hand, if your team is better without him....?

May will determine his fate, IMO.

If Boston gets to the Finals, I think Kyrie probably stays. If they lose early, he gone.

Of course, all that said, Kyrie is such a weird dude that it's possible none of this matters. He sure looked to be recruiting KD all star weekend. And he wasn't recruiting for Boston.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how muzh better to watch was the rockets offense last night? Is Harden the MVP of his own team?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the pitfalls of that many young guys. They get fat and happy with themselves over a win like they had vs. the Rockets and think they can just mail it in vs. the Pelicans.

Like Lebron said after the game. They don't understand the sense of urgency that are supposed to have right now, because they've never been in a playoff race before.

The coaches and the vets can tell them about it and hope they respond, but they can't make them "feel it" (for lack of a better term).

I think that Lonzo being out is hurting their consistency on defense as well. The dude can't shoot to save his life, but the drop in their defense since he's been out is undeniable.
All true but lebron hasn’t been in a playoff push either in 15 years

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi still missing games in late February for load management lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight for 3rd is intense since the top 3 will all have the same chance of getting #1.

Pretty obvious the Knicks and Suns are locked in unless something ridiculous happens. The tank race between the Bulls and Cavs is fascinating
Someone needs to step on loves foot and TT needs a mysterious ailment

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't change it under the current scheduling. But I'd be wiling to bet it would be different under a balanced schedule or a Western Conference schedule.

As I said, a weaker schedule is a weaker schedule and a team playing a weaker schedule benefits from it.

Hard to say how many fewer games they would have won. At a guess, maybe 3-5 (3 more likely). Certainly not enough to do much as far as the overall standings.

I don't think you can make that assertion. The Bucks are dominant this year. ` Who knows if that will translate in the playoffs but they are beating teams by 9 points a game.

If you took the median team in the East and put them in the west I think it is reasonable to assume that they would lose 3-5 more games.

But I don't think you can assume that a top team in the East would see the same drop off. Conversely if you took the Suns and put them in the East I don't think you could assume that they would win 3-5 more games.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved watching Clippers games (when the Lakers weren't playing of course or when they squared off head to head) when Lawler and Walton were an announcing duo. They had a great banter back and forth and awesome chemistry. And it was before Walton went off the deep, deep end. Still like him, though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved watching Clippers games (when the Lakers weren't playing of course or when they squared off head to head) when Lawler and Walton were an announcing duo. They had a great banter back and forth and awesome chemistry. And it was before Walton went off the deep, deep end. Still like him, though.

So this was before around 1968?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West is not that muc hbetter than the East

there are 6 "good" teams in the West

there are 4 and a half (now that Oladipo is gone) good teams in the East

The SPurs, Lakers, Nets, Clippers, Kings, are just not "good" teams