• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't even think that is true.

Who wins a series between any of the top East teams and OKC or Houston?

The answer is I don't have a clue.

The top teams in the east are right on par with the 2nd tier teams in the West. Don't see much separation there.

Is Boston better than Denver? Probably. At least when they decide to show up.

But after that? Give me 5-10 in the West over anybody else in the East. And 11-13 is probably as good as teams like Charlotte when not tanking.

Once again i dont think anyone said anything about the east from 6-15 lol. Top of the East was great prior to the Oladipo getting hurt

I have no idea where this narrative is coming from. All season long all people would speak about was the top 5 teams in the East

Not a word was said about teams 6-10 being better tha the west teams in that same position

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers shot over 54% from the field tonight- they were on fire shooting the ball- and lost bydouble digits at home to the Pelicans without Anthony Davis- Cheick Diallo went off for shits sake

23 turnovers, and no defense is not a formula to win ball games.

Lakers have an amazing comeback vs. the Rockets- one of their best wins of the season- and then shit the bed in a game like this.

One of the pitfalls of that many young guys. They get fat and happy with themselves over a win like they had vs. the Rockets and think they can just mail it in vs. the Pelicans.

Like Lebron said after the game. They don't understand the sense of urgency that are supposed to have right now, because they've never been in a playoff race before.

The coaches and the vets can tell them about it and hope they respond, but they can't make them "feel it" (for lack of a better term).

I think that Lonzo being out is hurting their consistency on defense as well. The dude can't shoot to save his life, but the drop in their defense since he's been out is undeniable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop trying to unload Love on other teams, lol. I doubt Love ever makes it through a season the rest of his career. He's beat up and he gonna start declining from here on out. If you're bringing in pairs like that, they'd be far better off signing Boogie this summer and trading for Beal.

@WiggyRuss is right if we're talking about a healthy Kevin Love. He would bring 3 point shooting, rebounding and he knows how to play alongside Lebron. Getting all 3 of those in 1 player would be a huge help to the Lakers right now.

However, that's essentially the same as saying that CP3 is one of the best point guards in the game when healthy.

It's true, but neither is healthy often enough to be worth the money they are making.

Boogie looks good and he and Beal, along with Lebron would put the Lakers in the mix of contenders. Personally, I'd rather have Vucevic and Beal because Vucevic doesn't bring Boogies baggage. But Boogie and Beal would be just fine with me as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't even think that is true.

Who wins a series between any of the top East teams and OKC or Houston?

The answer is I don't have a clue.

The top teams in the east are right on par with the 2nd tier teams in the West. Don't see much separation there.

Is Boston better than Denver? Probably. At least when they decide to show up.

But after that? Give me 5-10 in the West over anybody else in the East. And 11-13 is probably as good as teams like Charlotte when not tanking.

I'm good at remembering and mis-rememberi'ng too.....but I don't think anybody on here has said the EC is deep 6-10 or overall..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss is right if we're talking about a healthy Kevin Love. He would bring 3 point shooting, rebounding and he knows how to play alongside Lebron. Getting all 3 of those in 1 player would be a huge help to the Lakers right now.

However, that's essentially the same as saying that CP3 is one of the best point guards in the game when healthy.

It's true, but neither is healthy often enough to be worth the money they are making.

Yeah, it's not even worth considering since Love has missed most of the season and it's a success if he plays 62-65 games in a season anymore. Fr what he's being paid......it's nuts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again i dont think anyone said anything about the east from 6-15 lol. Top of the East was great prior to the Oladipo getting hurt

I have no idea where this narrative is coming from. All season long all people would speak about was the top 5 teams in the East

Not a word was said about teams 6-10 being better tha the west teams in that same position

But why do people assume that 1-4 in the East are better than OKC and Houston?

I don't believe that for a second.

Because the difference in 5-15 in both conferences is so stark that records can't be used as an indicator of which team is better. Top 4 East teams have a much easier schedule.

That is my point and why the strength of the bottom of the conferences matter in this debate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree yes.

Anytime an individual dribbles out the shot clock the way harden does, it is bad basketball. Now, Harden is skilled enough to still make good plays and make it work, but he is minimizing the opportunity for his teammates to play basketball. And that hurts his team because he has some other quality NBA players as teammates.

Same when Russ, Kyrie or anybody else spending too much time pounding the ball into the floor.

The very best teams use ball movement based offenses. Harden needs to play less ISO. Or at least shorten the length of his ISO plays.

It also really hurts them in the playoffs when they are facing better teams who only have to prepare for their team and the refs tend to "let teams play" more.

They can get away with that stuff on a random Wednesday night in the regular season...not so much in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good at remembering and mis-rememberi'ng too.....but I don't think anybody on here has said the EC is deep 6-10 or overall..

But you ignore the impact of the much tougher schedule and it's affect on which teams appear to be better today.

You can't simply assume 1-4 in the East are better than 2 and 3 in the West. I honestly don't believe they are.

If I hade to rank teams based on their treat level to GS, OKC has to be 1 or 2.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the difference in 5-15 in both conferences is so stark that records can't be used as an indicator of which team is better. Top 4 East teams have a much easier schedule.

That is my point and why the strength of the bottom of the conferences matter in this debate.

Hey @ least the worst team in the league right now isn't in the EC. So they have that going for them.

The WC is a helluva lot tougher than the EC. That's why there's 9 teams @ .500 or better right now (Lakers 1 game behind that) compared to the EC's 6 teams.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you ignore the impact of the much tougher schedule and it's affect on which teams appear to be better today.

You can't simply assume 1-4 in the East are better than 2 and 3 in the West. I honestly don't believe they are.

True, the WC teams play a much tougher schedule than the EC since the WC is deeper.....

Good point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Kings and Lakers are currently in the 9th and 10th spots in the West. In the East, the Kings would be 6th and 7th.

There is a 7 game gap between the #5 and #6 teams in the East.

In the West, there is a 7 game gap between the #4 and #10 team.

It would be interesting to see where teams stacked up if there were a balanced schedule.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @ least the worst team in the league right now isn't in the EC. So they have that going for them.

The WC is a helluva lot tougher than the EC. That's why there's 9 teams @ .500 or better right now (Lakers 1 game behind that) compared to the EC's 6 teams.

Worst record is in the West.

And Phoenix is a bad team, but no way you can convince me that the Knicks are better or that the pre allstar break Cavs are better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston 12-8 vs East
Bucks 14-6 vs West
Toronto 17-6 vs West
Philly 16-7 vs the West

Philly actually has a higher winning % vs the West than they do against the East.

There are only 4 Western Conference teams with a really good record vs the East.

The 10th seeded East team has a winning record vs the West at the moment.......

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is national tortilla chip day......got a 3 pound bag at Staters earlier.....got some bean dip, salsa, and guacamole to go with.