• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine trading him to help dump salary.
and for Timo Mozgov.

how the hell do you give Timo MOzgov a 4 year 60M dollar deal and then bench him half way into his first year? isnt that what happened?

honestly- that is one of the worst contracts I can ever remember- especially because of the opportunity cost. Basically burned a highly talented high lotto pick to for cap room they should have had anyway.

Cavs did that with Jarret JAck in a way- but the price of fixing the mistake, and the mistake in the first place, was not nearly as egregious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you look at hte Lakers- and their weaknesses- rebounding and 3 pt shooting, and see that Love would be a freaking great fit

now i dont think the Lakers should trade for Love and burn their cap room on him, but if they strike out there are a lot worse ways to go.

if they could get Beal and Love and Durant leaves that would put them right up there with about anyone in the West.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see you guys vs Denver.

My preferred 1st round of the Western Conference Playoffs would look like this.

1) Warriors vs 8) Lakers
2) Nuggets vs 7) Kings
3) Thunder vs 6) Blazers
4) Rockets vs 5) Jazz

Lol. The Lakers aren't making the playoffs. Like I said before the all star break, they only way they do is if Lebron goes full Harden putting up 35 to 40 pt triple doubles every night. He's not that "activated". Plus, even if they did manage to squeak in, that Warriors match up would be trash to watch. The Dubs would smash them. The games would only remain close for as long as the Warriors feel like goofing off.

Imagine trading him to help dump salary.

It was dumb then and dumb now. I hated that trade. They were already gonna have cap room for 1 max guy. They burned an asset to clear room for two when they could have just secured commitments from 2 max guys and then traded away players to make it fit. And what happened was they never got the 2nd guy to commit...which is exactly why you don't burn the asset until you need to.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you look at hte Lakers- and their weaknesses- rebounding and 3 pt shooting, and see that Love would be a freaking great fit

now i dont think the Lakers should trade for Love and burn their cap room on him, but if they strike out there are a lot worse ways to go.

if they could get Beal and Love and Durant leaves that would put them right up there with about anyone in the West.

Stop trying to unload Love on other teams, lol. I doubt Love ever makes it through a season the rest of his career. He's beat up and he gonna start declining from here on out. If you're bringing in pairs like that, they'd be far better off signing Boogie this summer and trading for Beal.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he cares about.

This team can be a tough out in the playoffs if he isn't a ball hog.

Very deep team

Is it fair to look at the game tonight and say maybe Harden hurts the overall team when he plays like he has been? I get that he had to with CP3 out but he's back and look how good they looked...

Or is that a #hottake that Skip Bayless would be yelling about?

I honestly don't know which way to think of it :noidea:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for the Kings
OKC might be on the 2nd night of a B2B after 2 OT, but they are still a tough team. For the Kings to be 3-1 against them is very impressive, much needed win after letting 2 games against Denver and GSW slip away at the end.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC might be on the 2nd night of a B2B after 2 OT, but they are still a tough team. For the Kings to be 3-1 against them is very impressive, much needed win after letting 2 games against Denver and GSW slip away at the end.

Let's be honest, say whatever about those 3-4 good teams out east, the Western Conference is still noticeably superior.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, say whatever about those 3-4 good teams out east, the Western Conference is still noticeably superior.

Top of the East is better. I would take any of those 4 (assuming philly and boston eventually pass Indy) beat Denver and Portland in a series. Would take 2 of those 4 teams to beat OKC in a series

I don't think anyone made a claim that the east top to bottom is better than the West but the top of the conference is

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West has better deph and the best team, East might have the better top 3-4 combined teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fair to look at the game tonight and say maybe Harden hurts the overall team when he plays like he has been? I get that he had to with CP3 out but he's back and look how good they looked...

Or is that a #hottake that Skip Bayless would be yelling about?

I honestly don't know which way to think of it :noidea:

To a degree yes.

Anytime an individual dribbles out the shot clock the way harden does, it is bad basketball. Now, Harden is skilled enough to still make good plays and make it work, but he is minimizing the opportunity for his teammates to play basketball. And that hurts his team because he has some other quality NBA players as teammates.

Same when Russ, Kyrie or anybody else spending too much time pounding the ball into the floor.

The very best teams use ball movement based offenses. Harden needs to play less ISO. Or at least shorten the length of his ISO plays.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West has better deph and the best team, East might have the better top 3-4 combined teams.

But I don't even think that is true.

Who wins a series between any of the top East teams and OKC or Houston?

The answer is I don't have a clue.

The top teams in the east are right on par with the 2nd tier teams in the West. Don't see much separation there.

Is Boston better than Denver? Probably. At least when they decide to show up.

But after that? Give me 5-10 in the West over anybody else in the East. And 11-13 is probably as good as teams like Charlotte when not tanking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Huge advantage for SAC tonight.

I know George had a bad game and Russ was on.

But Russ taking 30 shots with 4 assists is not the formula for OKC to be successful.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says leadership like telling the world his teammates aren’t doing enough