• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Phil Jackson was too lazy to be the "President" of the Knicks- he would barely show up.

I dont think you could convince Phil Jackson to even attend 50 NBA games, let alone coach 80 games. lol

No shit. lol

Back when there was speculation that Phil might come back for a 3rd stint with the Lakers (when they hired D'Antoni), reports were that he only wanted to coach home games. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Griffin said that he and Dan Gilbert not seeing eye to eye had something to do with it.

Why did David Griffin step down as Cavaliers GM? Because of Dan Gilbert

James liked Griffin. He suggested as much in April, when he said, “It makes no sense why [Griffin] shouldn’t get an extension.” Instead of heeding his star’s advice, Gilbert pushed the general manager out.

How's that for named sources?
so ignore all the other facts? Like we have nothing factual to let us know Griff wanted to stay? Like Lebron cares so much about who the GM is he joined a team with an agent as the GM with no FO experience? And there's this.....the GM he needed is still not a GM.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Magic and the GM/agent said they didn't need shooters like the Cavs had.

There weren't really many shooters available last summer, not for 1 year place-holder deals. Getting Lebron in the fold delayed things a few days in terms of the shooters drying up as well. Lakers opted to go for playmakers instead, and it was working out prior to Lebron's injury. That combined with injuries to Rondo and Lonzo, plus the AD soap opera have all contributed to the derailment. Can the get back on track? Who knows, but hopefully the all-star break helps.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great win, and in my mind it might have saved their season- but to escape with a razor thin margin of victory when you have one of those crazy nights from 3 is troubling if you ask me.

Agree, it's the damn free throw shooting (that I've been bitching about for 3 years now lol). If they could hit some damn free throws, they'd have won by about 10. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ignore all the other facts? Like we have nothing factual to let us know Griff wanted to stay? Like Lebron cares so much about who the GM is he joined a team with an agent as the GM with no FO experience? And there's this.....the GM he needed is still not a GM.

Just stop.

You wanted named sources, you got them.

Just do like you claim you do and admit you're wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may very well be right about that.

But the article also said that Gilbert has never extended a GM. So, if that's true, not sure what that's about with him?
It's odd, and Gilbert is certainly not perfect. I hoped Griffin would stay but he just didn't do anything that was so impressive he was a must keep.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he has only been the owner for what? 12 years?

He had a guy he inherited- Paxson, and then Grant and Griffin.

its not like he has been here for 30 years and has had 10 gms.
Did he start with Paxson or Ferry? I do think Ferry was in between Paxson and Grant.

Either way, none of the GMs struck me as guys they needed to keep at all costs. And that includes Griffin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he start with Paxson or Ferry? I do think Ferry was in between Paxson and Grant.

Either way, none of the GMs struck me as guys they needed to keep at all costs. And that includes Griffin.
you are correct.

the funny thing is that Gilbert has shown a lot of stability in that way--- Grant was an assistant to Ferry---- Griffin was an assistant to Grant....Altman was an assistant to Griffin.

All 3 times he hired a GM after Ferry he hired an internal option.

Thats intersting. I never really thought of that before. Good catch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There weren't really many shooters available last summer, not for 1 year place-holder deals. Getting Lebron in the fold delayed things a few days in terms of the shooters drying up as well. Lakers opted to go for playmakers instead, and it was working out prior to Lebron's injury. That combined with injuries to Rondo and Lonzo, plus the AD soap opera have all contributed to the derailment. Can the get back on track? Who knows, but hopefully the all-star break helps.
I think the All Star break will be good for them.

But I think the best thing for them would be if Lebron stepped up and started to lead.

They need LeBron to call a team meeting, hash everything out, and get everyone on the same page.

I have no doubts that the Plaschke article was correct in saying that Rondo is the veteran leader right now- and LeBron needs to correct that and regain the trust of the rest of the team if they are going to have any chance at having a succesful season.

LeBron needs to grow a pair and step up, take some responsibility and lead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop.

You wanted named sources, you got them.

Just do like you claim you do and admit you're wrong.
wrong about what? Never said there were no name sources. Never mind you keep ignoring Lebron's actions.....he cares so much about his GM he joined a team who made an agent with no FO experience their GM.

You ignore Lebron would not commit to stay even with the idea a deal for PG would be made.....yet you think it must be the owner. Couldn't just be he wanted to go to LA.

And of course...the GM they had to keep is still not a GM.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct.

the funny thing is that Gilbert has shown a lot of stability in that way--- Grant was an assistant to Ferry---- Griffin was an assistant to Grant....Altman was an assistant to Griffin.

All 3 times he hired a GM after Ferry he hired an internal option.

Thats intersting. I never really thought of that before. Good catch.
If only he would have have made one of the Klutch agents the GM. who knew that's what Lebron wanted?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the idea back when he was a hot candidate. Not sure now that he's claiming racism was involved in his firing, without knowing much about the situation, I might steer away.
Okay, I just went back and skimmed the reports because I had no idea that he was claiming discrimination.

So, this Mofo got fired for recruiting violations and by all accounts he's guilty.

He isn't even disputing that.

His issue is another Coach , who was white, got caught for the same thing and wasn't fired.

So, UConn should be forced to pay him that 10 mil left on his contract, for a job that he won't do because he got caught breaking the rules?

Lmfao

Haaaaaaaaaard pass.

Calhoun's violations happened in 2011.

Ollie's happened smack dab in the midst of a FBI investigation that took down Pitino, Shoe executives and a bunch of Agents.

That's a bit different.

It's like Kareem Hunt saying " I shouldn't have to sit out a year for drop kicking that bitch on Camera because you let O.J. and Jim Brown Play ".

Fuq outta here.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, the absence of facts is considered a fact?
Is it not in this case? It is a fact in this thread there is nothing factual that tells us Griff wanted to stay.

It's funny that's what you pick out here, though, from the facts.....like the GM we had to keep is still not a GM? That Lebron cares so much about who the GM is, he joined a team who made an agent with no FO experience their GM?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The complete antithesis.

Dinosaur that wants to fit the modern day player into his archaic system and is unwilling to adapt.

The planet's only about 6,000 years old.

Dinosaurs never walked the Earth.

The Moon is made of cheese.

Area 51 is where they faked the moon landing.

Roswell, NM is where the alien spaceship is kept.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not in this case? It is a fact in this thread there is nothing factual that tells us Griff wanted to stay.

It's funny that's what you pick out here, though, from the facts.....like the GM we had to keep is still not a GM? That Lebron cares so much about who the GM is, he joined a team who made an agent with no FO experience their GM?

It was an odd phrase to read. That non-GM is now on TV, not sure how that pay compares, but maybe he prefers that now?