• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could pick a coach for one season LB is definitely my choice. Can't think of a coach who has shown the ability to do more with less.

Every team, especially young ones, should get at least one season of Larry Brown coaching them. He's pretty much the only coach that I would put ahead of Pop.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team, especially young ones, should get at least one season of Larry Brown coaching them. He's pretty much the only coach that I would put ahead of Pop.
Just not Olympic teams who should be led by young guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Lakers were 20-22nd in 3 point shooting when James got hurt right? When they were the 4th seed.
20-22 is not very good, but isn't where they are for the season more important?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel "Big Baby" Embiid
Glen Davis sues you for copyright infringement! ;)

images

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Magic and the GM/agent said they didn't need shooters like the Cavs had.

No they didn't. There weren't good ones available on 1 year deals. They knew going into the season that they were going to have to address that either during the season or after.

That's why they traded for Bullock and Muscala. Both are expiring contracts, so they have addressed the need without taking on contracts that are likely to effect their cap space in the off-season.

The one danger though, is that if they both walk and the Lakers take too long signing another top FA (or strike out altogether), they could find themselves in that situation again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't. There weren't good ones available on 1 year deals. They knew going into the season that they were going to have to address that either during the season or after.

That's why they traded for Bullock and Muscala. Both are expiring contracts, so they have addressed the need without taking on contracts that are likely to effect their cap space in the off-season.

The one danger though, is that if they both walk and the Lakers take too long signing another top FA (or strike out altogether), they could find themselves in that situation again.
Fair points.....I actually thought they'd make a move for Korver. Possibe they did but Cavs liked Utah's offer better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...but was replying to you saying he signed 1-1s with the Cavs when he also mixed in the 2 and 1.

The thing with that 2 and 1 is that it may be at least part of the reason that Lebron left. He signed 1 and 1's because he didn't trust Gilbert and wanted to have that leverage.

Then, he signs a 2 and 1 and Gilbert shows why Lebron had only been willing to sign 1 and 1's.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with that 2 and 1 is that it may be at least part of the reason that Lebron left. He signed 1 and 1's because he didn't trust Gilbert and wanted to have that leverage.

Then, he signs a 2 and 1 and Gilbert shows why Lebron had only been willing to sign 1 and 1's.
How did Gilbert show this? By doing everything Lebron asked him to do? But he put his faith in Magic and Pelinka and signed a 4 year deal with an out? what did they show him?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20-22 is not very good, but isn't where they are for the season more important?

They were 4th in the WC before James got hurt.....their 3 point shooting wasn't exactly hurting them and it was an upgrade over last season when they were 29th.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Gilbert show this? By doing everything Lebron asked him to do? But he put his faith in Magic and Pelinka and signed a 4 year deal with an out? what did they show him?

He let Griffin go, when Lebron wanted him back.

As for the Lakers, I have no idea why he agreed to a 4 year deal (actually 3 and 1). I was shocked that he signed with the Lakers. Especially after PG decided to stay in OKC.

Other than being able to clean up enough of the mess Short Buss made so that they could have enough cap space to sign 2 max guys, they were front office rookies (which they've shown a few times) who hadn't proven anything.

Griffin, on the other hand, despite virtually nothing to work with in the way of assets and cap space had managed to make enough "small moves" to help the Cavs get all of those finals runs and a title.

The only thing that I can think of for the Lakers is, that we all know that Lebron is very invested in his legacy and he knows that returning a storied franchise like the Lakers to contender status would reflect well on that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He let Griffin go, when Lebron wanted him back.

As for the Lakers, I have no idea why he agreed to a 4 year deal (actually 3 and 1).

Other than being able to clean up enough of the mess Short Buss made so that they could have enough cap space to sign 2 max guys, they were front office rookies (which they've shown a few times) who hadn't proven anything.

Griffin, on the other hand, despite virtually nothing to work with in the way of assets and cap space had managed to make enough "small moves" to help the Cavs get all of those finals runs and a title.

The only thing that I can think of for the Lakers is, that we all know that Lebron is very invested in his legacy and he knows that returning a storied franchise like the Lakers to contender status would reflect well on that.
You keep making these comments as though they are fact. Lebron just joined a team with an agent and no FO experience as the GM. You think he cares who the GM is?

How do you know Griff did not choose to leave and likes what he's doing? Have you noticed he is still not a GM?

You also keep ignoring most of what was needed to be done to win their title was accomplished by Chris Grant...the GM before Griffin. He started the rebuild and cleared all the cap space and assets essential to bring in every member of the Big 3.

I liked Griff and wanted him to stay, but like most, there are really no specific moves you could name that would make him a must have when it came to keeping Lebron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep making these comments as though they are fact. Lebron just joined a team with an agent and no FO experience as the GM. You think he cares who the GM is?

Because it was reported as a fact that Lebron didn't want Griffin gone.

As I said, I have no idea why he signed with the Lakers for as long as he did. I was surprised the Lakers got him at all and even more surprised that he signed for as long as he did. Maybe Jeanie was there when Magic met with him and gave him a lap dance? :noidea:

I liked Griff and wanted him to stay, but like most, there are really no specific moves you could name that would make him a must have when it came to keeping Lebron.

All I know is what was reported. Maybe Lebron wanted to keep Griffin because Griffin would do what he wanted? Either way, it was reported that Lebron wanted to keep him and Gilbert let him go.